July 25, 2014, 10:20:43 AM

Author Topic: Cat and Mouse games  (Read 1524 times)

hhelmbold

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Cat and Mouse games
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »
I have just been wondering how much of a cat and mouse game Canon and Nikon are really playing. Is the one company really waiting for the other to release a camera to see if they can better that? If Canon is waiting for Nikon and Nikon waits for Canon, I suppose Sony will carry on selling in the middle?

The other thing that doesn't make sense to me is that a lot of rumours suggest Canon wants to get production up first before announcing a new DSLR. I can understand that production levels needs to be in full operation and after the terrible disaster this is not a quick fix. But surely they must have something to produce to blame production levels? Surely they should know which one of the prototypes will become the new model? Unless production is so hampered that they don't even know if they CAN produce anything at the moment? Is it possible that Canon suffered a bigger loss than they actually reported to "protect" stocks?

I am still fully behind Canon, but these are just some of the questions hanging in my mind...

canon rumors FORUM

Cat and Mouse games
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »

Dave

Re: Cat and Mouse games
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »
Cat and Mouse games... Hmmmm may be...
The more exciting question would be: Who is the cat?? ;)

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Cat and Mouse games
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »