September 18, 2014, 12:14:02 PM

Author Topic: Is it Genuine? Canon LP-E6 Battery  (Read 6840 times)

aussiekid

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Genuine? Canon LP-E6 Battery [SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »
What makes this suspicious to me is the hard luck story the seller had and rather than just checking with you to see if you wanted to cancel the transaction, he went ahead and got you a battery from hong kong at a loss to him.  Really? If I am a seller of an item and anything of note changes during the transaction (like the item being stolen), I'd contact the purchaser with options and allow them to make the ultimate decision.

Bait and switch is what this is called.

Yeah the hard luck story and the comment on the receipt set off warning bells.
5D Mark III.
24-70 2.8L II.
200 2.8L II.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 09:49:53 PM »
My authentic LP-E6s read "cell made in Japan, further processed in China."
I checked six of my LP-E6 and while 6 have "Cell made in Japan, further processed in China." imprinted on the sticker, 2 just state "Made in China". I consider all of my LP-E6 genuine.

The thread now has a [SOLVED] label. Would be nice if you would tell us how you decided to proceed.

I did a side by side with my genuine Battery that came with my Mk3.
Yes it does say 'Made in China' as well but there are slight minor differences.
The 4 code in the bottom left is a different size and thickness, extra chinese characters and code on the top right of the blue.

The charge time of my original genuine battery was about 5-6 hours, whereas the charge time of the extra battery was about 2 hours.

Also the holographic isn't exactly the same on the website (will check at a specialty retailer).

I am also going to contact my guy at Canon Australia and suss it out.

I guess it isn't 'Solved' just yet. Sorry guys jumped the gun.
There is a lot of variation in the stick on label on the bottom of the battery. I remember looking at a Canon website and seeing that there were six or seven different variations of the label
The best camera is the one in your hands

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Genuine? Canon LP-E6 Battery
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »
Can't you just put it into a 5Dmk3 with the latest firmware?
If it's not genuine, the camera will flag it out.

I have 2 batteries that has all the Canon logos on it and look identical to the original, but when i loaded them into the camera, it says unable to communicate with the battery so i know they're fake..

nda

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »

fwiw, i only use non-genuine batteries(except for the originals that came with the body), they are much much cheaper(canon oem are a rip off) and most have a higher capacity, they charge the same and hold charge the same :o

Can't you just put it into a 5Dmk3 with the latest firmware?
If it's not genuine, the camera will flag it out.

I have 2 batteries that has all the Canon logos on it and look identical to the original, but when i loaded them into the camera, it says unable to communicate with the battery so i know they're fake..
the newer non-genuine's are decoded, fully compatible no communication errors ;)
canon stuff...

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 07:38:34 AM »
the newer non-genuine's are decoded, fully compatible no communication errors ;)

Oh really? I didn't know. i actually never used my fake batteries before becuase until today, i've never use my camera until the main battery ran out haha..maybe i'm not using my camera enough :)

phoyager

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 07:49:24 AM »
code on the top right of the blue.
If you are talking about the 2INR19/50 then that is smth my "Made in China" is missing. (And also not to be found on the others.)

I am also going to contact my guy at Canon Australia and suss it out.
Yep, I guess asking Canon would be the best solution.

I guess it isn't 'Solved' just yet. Sorry guys jumped the gun.
Please keep this thread updated.
Thanks in advance,
j.

jabbott

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 10:21:38 AM »
Weird.  I looked at Canon's battery comparison page (at http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Personal/Support-Help/Support-News/Counterfeit-products) and both my LP-E6s (one from the original/new 5D3 box, one purchased new at B&H separately) appear to have the bold font of a counterfeit battery.  Every other feature looks similar to the genuine battery however.  I have had worse battery performance than other Canon DSLRs (300-500 shots per charge) so I have to wonder if somehow counterfeit batteries were snuck into the supply chain.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 10:21:38 AM »