September 18, 2014, 09:58:36 AM

Author Topic: Canon USA Changes the CPS Program  (Read 10114 times)

tiger82

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: Canon USA Changes the CPS Program
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »
Handling of Clean and Check Coupons that Have Not Yet Been Used
From October 1, 2013 until the end of your current membership term, the entire annual Canon Maintenance Service (CMS) benefit will be available for you to use (10 pieces of cameras or lenses for Platinum members and 5 pieces for Gold members). Since the number of CMS transactions allowed under the new benefits structure is greater than the previous number of Clean and Check coupons, the coupons will no longer be needed.
1D4 with 70-200 IS f/2.8L, 5D2 with 24-70 f/2.8L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »

tiger82

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »

nikon is sounding better every single day...

Uhmmm, have you looked into Nikon Professional Services?  Based on your comment, you haven't.

tiger82

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2013, 12:20:41 PM »
For those of you who blast Canon CPS, please read this: http://www.nikonpro.com/aboutnps.aspx

Canon has always shipped my evals Fedex 2 day, even to my travel location in California.

For my loans, I arrange my loans to arrive Friday then I ship it back the second Monday for them to receive it the following Wednesday. So my loans have gone for nearly 15 days.  With the new plan, they ship Wednesday, I receive it on Friday and the 10th day is on a Saturday when they are closed.  I will have a case to say the shipping it back on Wednesday for it to arrive on Friday makes it a 9 day loan so I can keep mysame routine.

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 03:30:51 PM »
Compared to NPS, I am very pleased with CPS  My only major wish is CPS would help us get newly released equipment such as 200-400.

Other than that, I am pleased with the program.  It could always be improved, but everyone's desire would be slightly different.

MechE31

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2013, 11:14:04 PM »
I deal with our Canon equipment at our company and we have always had a rep we deal with. This was around before the CPS enterprise option. He's always extremely flexible with duration on loans.

Do individual CPS members have individual Canon reps that they deal with or just CPS as a whole?

Freddie

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2013, 08:50:43 PM »
As far as I can tell, we have a regional rep but that person's time is pretty much taken up by his bigger clients. The last time I contacted our regional rep several years ago, he very kindly replied to my message but I have yet to meet him. I would imagine the big spenders get a pretty free rein on time slots.
I just asked for an evaluation loan of the 200-400L lens again. I was given a mid-February time slot so I guess they really are short on those units. They've been telling me more are coming so I may get moved up a bit, not!
Retailers seem to be pretty short on full inventory of these lenses as well.
So, for February, my 200-400 lens evaluation will be done in Bosqué del Apache, NM. It's close enough for us to get down and shoot for a few days and, if necessary, ship back out of Albuquerque on the way home to Colorado. I know what I can do there and I've shot enough with other lenses there to allow a decent comparison.

KarstenReis

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 08:40:21 PM »
The new CPS page went up today. The evaluation loan period is going to be 10 days, not 7 days like previously mentioned. http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/loans/loans.shtml

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 08:40:21 PM »