October 02, 2014, 04:26:37 AM

Author Topic: Still haven't sent in my 1D X for the Product Advisory check/repair.  (Read 908 times)

Steve Todd

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon SLR/DSLR user since 1976
    • View Profile
I have not sent my EOS-1D X to Canon yet for the Product Advisory check/repair.  When I called Canon CPS, the Tech on the phone told me to wait to send it in, until I actually experienced problems?  He made it sound like not all of the affected bodies will ever experience problems?  I am curious how many others are waiting to see if they actuall experience problems with their cameras before sending them to Canon.  Also, are there any more horror stories of shipping problems (poor packaging), repair problems (parts form someone else's body), or any other problems associated with the check/repair out there?
EOS-1D X, 1D4, 5D2, 5D, EOS-1V, 1n, and a bunch of lenses.

canon rumors FORUM

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Still haven't sent in my 1D X for the Product Advisory check/repair.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:26:26 PM »
Had mine done last week.  Took advantage of a day trip down to NJ for business, their Jamesburg facility is a 20-min drive from where I needed to be, so I headed there after my flight landed.  I had planned to come back at the end of the day (best case, I thought), or have them ship it, but they did it on the spot, took less than an hour.  I'm not sure if they did anything to the drive mechanism, but they did paint the black dot in the battery compartment...and cleaned my sensor and focus screen, no charge.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Steve Todd

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon SLR/DSLR user since 1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »
Thanks neuro!  I will probably have them do mine next time I am in Irvine.  My daughter and family live near San Juan Capistrano, CA and I make several trips a year out there to visit.  The Irvine facility is about a 25-minute drive from their house, making it pretty easy to do while I am out there. 
EOS-1D X, 1D4, 5D2, 5D, EOS-1V, 1n, and a bunch of lenses.

mbworldz

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
I don't see a reason why not to send it in.  Its free anyways.  They get it fix within a day.

I have not sent my EOS-1D X to Canon yet for the Product Advisory check/repair.  When I called Canon CPS, the Tech on the phone told me to wait to send it in, until I actually experienced problems?  He made it sound like not all of the affected bodies will ever experience problems?  I am curious how many others are waiting to see if they actuall experience problems with their cameras before sending them to Canon.  Also, are there any more horror stories of shipping problems (poor packaging), repair problems (parts form someone else's body), or any other problems associated with the check/repair out there?

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »
I don't see a reason why not to send it in.  Its free anyways.  They get it fix within a day.

+1

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »