October 25, 2014, 03:48:29 PM

Author Topic: Canon succeeds in capturing nighttime video of Yaeyama-hime fireflies using dedicated 35 mm full-frame CMOS sensor for video capture  (Read 12413 times)

kimvette

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
yeah thats great! ... But Canon comon how many people are going to professionally shoot in near darkness?

R&D have lost the plot seriously.

That you do not have a use for it does not mean that others do not. Why high ISO sensitivity is good:

* Great for high speed shots outdoors
* Great for normal shooting indoors
* Great for astrophotography
* Great for night photography

Who could put that tech to use?

* photojournalists
* astronomers (pro and amateur alike)
* wedding photographers
* sports photographers
* spectators at airshows
* event photographers
* art photographers (shooting priceless art at museums w/o flash)
* architecture photographers

That you lack imagination does not mean that others cannot put the capability to use immediately.

canon rumors FORUM

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
yeah thats great! ... But Canon comon how many people are going to professionally shoot in near darkness?

R&D have lost the plot seriously.

That you do not have a use for it does not mean that others do not. Why high ISO sensitivity is good:

* Great for high speed shots outdoors
* Great for normal shooting indoors
* Great for astrophotography
* Great for night photography

Who could put that tech to use?

* photojournalists
* astronomers (pro and amateur alike)
* wedding photographers
* sports photographers
* spectators at airshows
* event photographers
* art photographers (shooting priceless art at museums w/o flash)
* architecture photographers

That you lack imagination does not mean that others cannot put the capability to use immediately.

According to your post I just say: soulmate. Being a happy camper with my 5D3 since August 2012, I am looking forward to what will be around in the 5D league about six years from now. I was having much fun with my trusty and rusty 30D for five years till I upgraded to FF. So six years on, another purchase may be as exciting as it was when I unboxed my one year old baby... 8)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:48:40 AM by pedro »
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

canon rumors FORUM