yeah thats great! ... But Canon comon how many people are going to professionally shoot in near darkness?
R&D have lost the plot seriously.
That you do not have a use for it does not mean that others do not. Why high ISO sensitivity is good:
* Great for high speed shots outdoors
* Great for normal shooting indoors
* Great for astrophotography
* Great for night photography
Who could put that tech to use?
* astronomers (pro and amateur alike)
* wedding photographers
* sports photographers
* spectators at airshows
* event photographers
* art photographers (shooting priceless art at museums w/o flash)
* architecture photographers
That you lack imagination does not mean that others cannot put the capability to use immediately.