October 02, 2014, 12:45:05 AM

Author Topic: Yet another Canon Refurb Store Sale Starts Sunday  (Read 1906 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Yet another Canon Refurb Store Sale Starts Sunday
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:51:59 AM »
Its not a big sale, but if you are planning to buy anyway, be aware.

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/blog/2013/09/canon-refurb-sale-coming-soon-50-off-250-100-off-500/

canon rumors FORUM

Yet another Canon Refurb Store Sale Starts Sunday
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:51:59 AM »

tiger82

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Canon Refurb Store Sale Starts Sunday
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
I picked up a Refurb 16-35mm II f/2.8L for $1259.20 after the $100 discount.  With a 1 yr warranty and the new CPS maintenance program, it sure beats $1699 from Amazon and B&H
1D4 with 70-200 IS f/2.8L, 5D2 with 24-70 f/2.8L

wsmith96

• 7D
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »
yep. Right after I purchased.  >:(
What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »

... It's always like this.

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »

They have pretty regular sales, so if you can wait a couple of months and be ready to jump, you can often get one.  I waited a year before I was able to get the 70-200mmL MK II for $1700.

wsmith96

• 7D
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 01:58:10 PM »

They have pretty regular sales, so if you can wait a couple of months and be ready to jump, you can often get one.  I waited a year before I was able to get the 70-200mmL MK II for $1700.

I just bought the refurb 70-200L MKII for $2000.  5 days later there was a $100 off promotion.  I called canon to ask them if I could get the discount since I purchased so close to the promotion period and the answer was no.  Of course I would like the promotion price, but I understand that they can retroactively provide discounts - it's just my luck.  Probably won't be buying any more lenses anytime soon.  Next for me will most likely be a new body.

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 02:16:16 PM »

They do have a price reduction policy, since you have 14 days to return it.  I'd say that someone was not aware, and that a second call to some other operator or a request to talk with a manager would have done it.

I just bought the refurb 70-200L MKII for $2000.  5 days later there was a $100 off promotion.  I called canon to ask them if I could get the discount since I purchased so close to the promotion period and the answer was no.  Of course I would like the promotion price, but I understand that they can retroactively provide discounts - it's just my luck.  Probably won't be buying any more lenses anytime soon.  Next for me will most likely be a new body.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 02:16:16 PM »

tiger82

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 02:30:13 PM »
Consider the $100 as the utility cost of having it earlier as I will not receive my purchase for another week.
1D4 with 70-200 IS f/2.8L, 5D2 with 24-70 f/2.8L

mackguyver

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »
Also as an FYI, Adorama sells "Canon Refurbished" gear.  It's not as cheap (usually), but without sales tax for most of us, it can be a good deal.  I picked up my 180mm macro for a good price a while back.  Most of the stuff is lower end, but they'll get refurb 600mm and other nice gear here and there.  Here's the URL sorted by price, high to low:
http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?category=1000074+4294966337&term=canon%20refurbished&sort=p_price_sort|1

wsmith96

• 7D
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 05:25:11 PM »
They do have a price reduction policy, since you have 14 days to return it.  I'd say that someone was not aware, and that a second call to some other operator or a request to talk with a manager would have done it.

I did call back and I got the same answer from both the sales associate and their manager.  Their policy, as described to me, was that I would have to return my lens and repurchase at the lower price.  They no longer have that lens is stock, so I would be pretty much out of luck should I send it back and try to repurchase it.  I did press the subject with the manager and he was able to hook me up with a UV filter.  I accepted it, though I've already got a B+W on it, because he did take the time to work with me on what they could do.  I was appreciative of that and I do know that the first level manager's options are sometimes limited.  I'll use the filter on my 10-22, or I may just keep it in the bag.  Again, I was appreciative that the canon sales team did work with me on this and that they were able to accommodate the price difference in some fashion.

-wes

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »

I did call back and I got the same answer from both the sales associate and their manager.  Their policy, as described to me, was that I would have to return my lens and repurchase at the lower price.  They no longer have that lens is stock, so I would be pretty much out of luck should I send it back and try to repurchase it.  I did press the subject with the manager and he was able to hook me up with a UV filter.  I accepted it, though I've already got a B+W on it, because he did take the time to work with me on what they could do.  I was appreciative of that and I do know that the first level manager's options are sometimes limited.  I'll use the filter on my 10-22, or I may just keep it in the bag.  Again, I was appreciative that the canon sales team did work with me on this and that they were able to accommodate the price difference in some fashion.

-wes

At least you got something.  I'd have returned it, but that's just me. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »