July 26, 2014, 05:09:19 AM

Author Topic: camera bag help  (Read 935 times)

cheerdad

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
camera bag help
« on: September 20, 2013, 06:09:42 PM »
 I have a lowe-pro 200 flip side camera bag. I have recently upgraded my gear to a 5d mark iii, 70-200 2.8 IS ii, 24-70 2.8 vs ii and a 600ex-rt. I anticipate adding two more lenses and use my bag for cary on when the family flies to cheer events.

Any thoughts on a new bag I was considering a lower 500, tarmac expedition 6 and vanguard sky borne 51.

suggestions are appreciated

cheerdad

canon rumors FORUM

camera bag help
« on: September 20, 2013, 06:09:42 PM »

stochasticmotions

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: camera bag help
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »
Take a look at Thinktank, Gura Gear and LowePro, I have been looking for a good bag for quite some time and it came down to Thinktank Streetwalker Pro, Gura Gear Bataflae, and LowePro protrekker series.  My needs may be different from yours but I was looking for a bag that could carry one large lens with pro camera, plus 3-4 lenses.  I needed something that could be taken on small airplanes as well as large airlines and a backpack style that I could carry on long nature excursions.
I chose the Streetwalker Pro in the end due to size (much smaller and still able to carry a sigma 120-300 f2.8 on a 1dIV) and price...about half that of the other options.

Good luck on your search, that perfect bag always seems to be just around the corner.

Barry

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »
I finally bit the bullet and just shelled out the big bucks for a gura gear 22+ and i have to say these are THE last word in camera bags. Personally I dont know how people manage with the bigger ones as mine is full and it is HEAVY.
I am going to do a full review on it sometime ...  but probably not this month. Been travelling in china the last months and gonna be here for a while still and travelling ALOT so its always full of stuff camera stuff computer stuff macbook pro drobo mini etc

take my advice as someone that has spent alot of time and money searching for the right bag and save yourself alot of money just get the gura gear. I also got the little bags they sell free on a sale and they are great for keeping chargers and cables neat and tidy in the bag.

APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »