September 16, 2014, 07:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Lightroom 5 and 5.2 very weak support for Sigma Lens correction  (Read 6207 times)

GMCPhotographics

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • GMCPhotographics
Re: Lightroom 5 and 5.2 very weak support for Sigma Lens correction
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
A question for the Kelby apostles among the forum

I have a few thousand picture to process in Lightroom (5.2 since yesterday evening)
To my suprise even Lightroom 5.1 had already full support for the new Canon EF-M 11-22
And anyway there always seems to be every Canon lens my hearts desire to be available in Lightroom.

Now with 5.2 I try to find the correction for my Sigma 17-35 1.8 and the only thing Lightroom offers me are 4 rather obscure lenses... Am I doing something wrong or is Adobe just ignoring Sigma?

If there is such a correction already out, how to get it and how to make it visible in Lightroom?

Annoyingly, the Canon ef 8-15mm fisheye zoom doesn't yet have any correction profile, which is odd considering both the Sigma 15mm and 8mm fisheye lenses do. The Canon big tele's have no profiles when using teleconverters and non of the TS-e lenses have profiles either....and yet as soon as a cheap consumer grade Canon lens is released, Adobe provides a profile for it....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »

DFM

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Adobe Community Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 03:54:08 AM »
There's a profile in the Downloader app for EF8-15 f/4L on either a 7D or 5D-II body.

Fisheyes and UWAs are a nightmare as everyone has a different view on what "correction" means. Do you want to completely-eliminate the barrel distortion and end up with a highly-cropped and stretched image, or just fix the vignette and CA?

Al99

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 06:56:38 AM »
To my suprise even Lightroom 5.1 had already full support for the new Canon EF-M 11-22

Hello,

I'm using Lightroom 5.2, too. Today I get my EF-M 11-22 STM and imported the first photos.
But my "Lightroom" hasn't got a profile for this lens. :(

There is a Profile für the EF-M 18-55 STM and the EF-M 22 STM but not for the wide angel lens.

I tried to use the Adobe Profile Downloader, but I can't find a fitting one there.

What's wrong with my "Lightroom"?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 06:56:38 AM »