August 22, 2014, 12:42:39 AM

Author Topic: 3000 mAh AA battery for Flash ?  (Read 8006 times)

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: 3000 mAh AA battery for Flash ?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »
Dear Surapon

The Powerex Maha MH-C801D Eight Cell is the one that I use. It's a great charger with built-in battery deep-conditioning system, and selectable soft and rapid charging.

This is a great thread, there is a lot of useful information here. Thanks to all.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »

surapon

• 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »
Dear Surapon

The Powerex Maha MH-C801D Eight Cell is the one that I use. It's a great charger with built-in battery deep-conditioning system, and selectable soft and rapid charging.

This is a great thread, there is a lot of useful information here. Thanks to all.

Thank you, Sir, Dear Mr. Click
I will order 2  of them to day---How do you think about Powerex AA rechargtable Battery, compare to  our Sanyo Eneloop ?
Thanks again
Surapon

Click

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 10:56:31 AM »
Dear Surapon

Sorry I can't help you on that one. I have never tried Powerex battery, I use only Sanyo Eneloop (white).

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 11:03:14 AM »
Dear Surapon

Sorry I can't help you on that one. I have never tried Powerex battery, I use only Sanyo Eneloop (white).

Thanks you, Sir.
I ask, Because of Higher cost, Powerex = 2700 mAh, 8 = $ 29.95 ( Amazon)

And Eneloop white, = 2000 mAh, 8 = 20.19 ( Amazon)

Nice to talk to you, Sir, Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 02:37:40 PM »
I used powered 2700 mAh but they don't hold charges that long.   So I switched to imedion which work well for me.  Also in a pinch I use lithium AA

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »
I used powered 2700 mAh but they don't hold charges that long.   So I switched to imedion which work well for me.  Also in a pinch I use lithium AA

Thank you, Sir, Dear RGF.
Yes, Me too, When emergency with out power out let, I have Litium AA in my Backpack for spare too.
Thank you, sir.
Surapon

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 07:22:20 AM »
Until it decides to fry your batteries ... melt its own plastic by not stopping charging. It has happened to me!
In addition, it seems I am not the only one (judging from Amazon.com feedback on this product)...
(The first that stopped working on my charger was the soft charge button...)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 07:22:20 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 08:24:50 AM »
Until it decides to fry your batteries ... melt its own plastic by not stopping charging. It has happened to me!
In addition, it seems I am not the only one (judging from Amazon.com feedback on this product)...

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Tron.
Thanks for your infor.
Now, Poor Surapon---Now What will I do, 2 sides of Powerex Maha MH-C801D= Good  or ----Bad ???
Thanks.
Surapon

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »

Thanks for your infor.
Now, Poor Surapon---Now What will I do, 2 sides of Powerex Maha MH-C801D= Good  or ----Bad ???
Thanks.
Surapon
I have not given up on Maha because of that (I do not know though if it this was wise). I got the Maha/PowerEx 9000 model that is a more sophisticated charger. Unfortunately it charges only 4 batteries at a time. I have it for almost 2 years and it has been fine. No complaints apart from the fact that it refuses to charge some older (but in good condition) batteries.

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »

Thanks for your infor.
Thanks.
Surapon
I have not given up on Maha because of that (I do not know though if it this was wise). I got the Maha/PowerEx 9000 model that is a more sophisticated charger. Unfortunately it charges only 4 batteries at a time. I have it for almost 2 years and it has been fine. No complaints apart from the fact that it refuses to charge some older (but in good condition) batteries.

I already order one, and should have in my hand next 2-3 days.
Yes, Sir, I will report back to you,  If it kill my Rechargeable Batteries.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon

ajfotofilmagem

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2013, 01:24:20 PM »

Thanks for your infor.
Thanks.
Surapon

Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon
Dear friend Surapon. I recommend avoiding fast charge, and if possible avoid using all battery slots simultaneously. When testing, touch the surface of the batteries to see if the temperature is bearable for a few seconds. If the temperature is higher than the support skin then the batteries could be roasted.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:33:33 PM by ajfotofilmagem »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 02:07:23 PM »

Thanks for your infor.
Thanks.
Surapon

Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon
Dear friend Surapon. I recommend avoiding fast charge, and if possible avoid using all battery slots simultaneously. When testing, touch the surface of the batteries to see if the temperature is bearable for a few seconds. If the temperature is higher than the support skin then the batteries could be roasted.

Thousand Thankssss, Sir, Dear ajfotofilmagem
I will set at  the Slow charge setting.
Thanks again.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 03:55:46 PM »
The 801D charger lasted a few years. So no hard feelings. However, the first that stopped working was the slow charge!!!
So I had no other option that to use fast charge.

My only complaint was that the way it broke down was very dangerous.

I believe that your charger will serve you some years. Just keep an eye on it...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 03:55:46 PM »

Click

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
Good advice, I will keep an eye on mine too.

Thanks Tron.

kjay27

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
The 801D charger lasted a few years. So no hard feelings. However, the first that stopped working was the slow charge!!!
So I had no other option that to use fast charge.

My only complaint was that the way it broke down was very dangerous.

I believe that your charger will serve you some years. Just keep an eye on it...

If you want to try another option, the Lacrosse Technology BC-1000 battery charger is also top of the line.  Not inexpensive, but so far very reliable.  Has an LCD for each battery so you can see what's happening to them.  Goes through cycles of slowly discharging them and recharging them to get the best charge, or also by faster charging them at your discretion.  Just does four at a time, AA or AAA, but not intended for Lithium.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »