July 23, 2018, 02:18:06 AM

Author Topic: EOS 6D with 24-105mm f/4L IS pre-order, already with a $200 instant rebate?  (Read 10467 times)

CR00

• PowerShot G1 X II
I got my EOS 6D with 24-105mm f/4L IS earlier in June for a great price. I only paid $2,039 for it, brand new from a Canon Authorized dealer, plus $50 store coupon for next purchase that I used later on for the other stuff. So $2699 is no where near a deal to me.

canon rumors FORUM

wsheldon

• EOS M5
    • sheldon-photo
I got my EOS 6D with 24-105mm f/4L IS earlier in June for a great price. I only paid $2,039 for it, brand new from a Canon Authorized dealer, plus $50 store coupon for next purchase that I used later on for the other stuff. So $2699 is no where near a deal to me.

+1

I picked up my kit for $2300 last spring, and was angry at the time that I had missed even better deals right after the holidays. $2699 is discouraging a year out from release, as are the recent price bumps in L lenses that nullified the rebates that followed.

At least this is curing my "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" in the early stages before it got too out of hand ;)
Canon 6D & 50D, nice set of lenses

scott

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II

My 2 cents: same time next year, 6D will be on Ebay for $1200 or less.

$1200 seems pretty optimistic, I'd expect something closer to $1500.

Not optimistic at all...in fact, 12 months after release I fully expect 6D to be about $1200, and perhaps even $1100. Read the tea leaves with 5D III price trajectory.

While I too think this is overoptimistic, I hope you are right.  For that price, I would face the wrath of the wife to add this as a second body to my 5DmkIII.

-Brian

;) I stand by what I say, but remember, its not such a risky prediction. After all, 12 months really is a long time especially in the tech world. People who claim this pricing could never happen would have conveniently "forgotten" by then or remain mum when that day does come... as it always inevitably does.

Importantly, the fall in price would be well managed by the retailers and Canon. That is, a sale here for $1800 first, an ebay deal for $1700 there, a $200 rebate here, a hard-to-pass up "bundle" price there.... it will be managed so smoothly that the early adoptor who paid 2K+ doesn't throw himself off the cliff. :)

But again, 12 months is a long time. By then, the hot item that the folks here would be defending "will never drop below a certain price" will not be the poor 6D (which by then would be yesterday's news) but some new fangled 51 MP EOS 3D.  The same suckers...er... I mean fans...will be pre-ordering it at $5,600 ;D

http://www.canonrumors.com/category/photography/canon-3d/

;)  standing in line

Skirball

• EOS 7D Mark II

My 2 cents: same time next year, 6D will be on Ebay for $1200 or less.

We've almost hit that year, and with warranty on eBay we are looking $1,667 right now.

You may have missed the mark, but your theory that prices would drop substantially from the original $2,099 list definitely came true.

Having prices drop from the original introductory price isn't exactly a theory, that can be supported by heaps of data.  The claim here was the price it was going to hit, and it was done with a fair amount of chest thumping.  I'd say it was way the hell off.

My favorite line from the whole thing:

"People who claim this pricing could never happen would have conveniently "forgotten" by then or remain mum when that day does come..."

Heh.

Botts

• EOS M5

Having prices drop from the original introductory price isn't exactly a theory, that can be supported by heaps of data.  The claim here was the price it was going to hit, and it was done with a fair amount of chest thumping.  I'd say it was way the hell off.

My favorite line from the whole thing:

"People who claim this pricing could never happen would have conveniently "forgotten" by then or remain mum when that day does come..."

Heh.
I was trying to be friendly and diplomatic!
6D, Sigma 35/1.4, 40STM, 50/1.4, 70-200/4 IS, 430ex II
T2i, 17-55/2.8 IS, 270ex

canon rumors FORUM