May 22, 2018, 02:44:39 AM

Author Topic: More PS help with a image  (Read 14423 times)

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Re: More PS help with a image
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »
Very nice private. Care to share your settings?
Thanks,

Scott

Here is the global adjustments panel and a second screenshot of the adjustment brush overlay and it's adjustments.

All told less than three minutes.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:00:07 PM by privatebydesign »
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »

Famateur

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
Ack way too work. Just got home and looked on my monitor. I was doing it at work on my laptop....shhhhh lol.

Color management is such fun, isn't it? :P

wsgroves

• EOS Rebel T7i
    • Muddy Creek Studios
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 07:53:04 PM »
Thanks for your time private. Those help.

Scott
1D Mark II, 5D3, 7D
Please check out my site.
http://muddycreekstudios.4ormat.com/

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 08:26:43 PM »
Thanks for your time private. Those help.

Scott

You are very welcome, I should have bumped the shadows back down in the adjustment brush, my intention was to basically only edit the subject and not the background too much, but I have reduced the contrast and shadows in there more than I should have, but hey, it was a laptop screen!

To keep it looking natural to the eye this kind of exposure you need to keep the contrast in the subject and the background consistent, as others have said WB, saturation etc are matters of taste and I didn't touch them, just went for tonality, exposure and local contrast. Look at the shade in the trees, it needs to be more contrasty and darker than the shadows across the face.

Here is another version based on my first. I lowered shadows and added contrast to my first adjustment brush (effectively just the background), the first screenshot. I then did a second adjustment brush to lower contrast across the subject, I have done a screenshot of the second adjustment brush mask and the settings. Third image is the result of both new brush settings.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 08:26:43 PM »