October 22, 2014, 10:20:43 PM

Author Topic: *UPDATE* Pixma Pro 1 Series? [CR1]  (Read 5529 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
*UPDATE* Pixma Pro 1 Series? [CR1]
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »

New Pixmas

A series called “Pixma Pro 1″ printers are apparently to be launched sometime in the next 6 weeks. There may have been something lost in translation on the “series” of printers, it could just be one called Pixma Pro 1.

Features

• Clean lines in design

• No LCD screen

• 12 Cartridges

• A new type of coating cartridge? I didn’t understand exactly what was meant.

• Announcement within 6-7 weeks

I’ve been hearing about 12 cartridge printers for a while now, we’ll see. The source is good on this one.

*UPDATE*

There was another printer that was supposed to be announced last spring and never was.

The printer that was supposed to be launched last spring was code named ‘Renoir’ and was basically a 9500 (pigment ink), but it has a unique design.

The ink is in the base, so it doesn’t add weight to the print head. The ink then goes via tubes to the print head. Since the head is not weighted down, the ‘Renoir’ can print at extremely high speed.

No word whether or not this printer or technology will reach market.

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

*UPDATE* Pixma Pro 1 Series? [CR1]
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »

blacktiger0802

Re: Pixma Pro 1 Series? [CR2]
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »
The source is good on this one.

Haha LOL. Are your sources are bullshit. You keep on saying "oh new stuff is going to come" but you post rumors with ridiculous false information. People have given up on this site because all you post are rumors where less than 50% come into fruition.

You should think twice before posting. Post something based on CONCRETE EVIDENCE, not what some "source" tells you because hell, I could become "a source". You have some shitty sources...

oilbeefhooked

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:04:25 PM »
Hey blacktiger I like the BS rumors on this site. Why don't you go to anther site if you don't like this one haha lol

UncleFester

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:34:39 PM »
I'd love to see a high-end inkless system w/wifi.

Bokehmon

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:37:45 AM »

Haha LOL. Are your sources are bullS___. You keep on saying "oh new stuff is going to come" but you post rumors with ridiculous false information. People have given up on this site because all you post are rumors where less than 50% come into fruition.

You should think twice before posting. Post something based on CONCRETE EVIDENCE, not what some "source" tells you because hell, I could become "a source". You have some S___ty sources...

the sight is called canon rumors for a reason... if you want fact, go to the official canon website... lolol

Stuart

• EOS M2
  • Hi there, welcome from a photo fan.
    • View Profile
    • JackAllTog on ePhotozine
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 05:56:34 AM »
Its fun to mull some of these rumour ideas around - i'm wondering if 12 tanks gives great quality or just means it now costs twice as much as the printer to replace all the tanks and make the clone ink makers job more difficult.
Come on Canon, we use you products as they are good quality, but you seem to be using us as a cash machine for ink cartridge prices :-(
Canon 60D, 24-105, 50 F1.8. 430EX II.
Sigma 10-20, 70 F2.8, 70-300. Studio.
Giotto tripod, Hoya filters.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:46 AM »
What .  . . no calculator mice?  ;D

I guess this sort of makes sense for how long they've been pushing the free (or almost free) printers with rebate.

For some reason, I've never trusted home (color) printers.  I guess it's just the years-and-years of certain companies selling printers at a loss just to whack you on ink.  A non-proprietary standard on ink/refill mediums would be reassuring, but I don't expect that to happen any time soon.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:46 AM »

nikkito

• Canon 6D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 06:33:23 AM »
canon, please, no printers, we want new DSLRs :D

by the way, printers never work when we most need them. ;D
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

Tarrum

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »

Haha LOL. Are your sources are bullS___. You keep on saying "oh new stuff is going to come" but you post rumors with ridiculous false information. People have given up on this site because all you post are rumors where less than 50% come into fruition.

You should think twice before posting. Post something based on CONCRETE EVIDENCE, not what some "source" tells you because hell, I could become "a source". You have some S___ty sources...

Please show me where you got the info that people have given up on this site. You're nothing but an idiot online who can't appreciate the site and leave bad comments. Go ruin your life not someone else's.

Heidrun

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 07:04:22 AM »
I would love this one if it could produce smashing 24" pictures with a very low cost prints. And offcourse if the prize is below 2000 dollars

Bob Howland

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 08:22:23 AM »
How often do the printers have to be used to keep the nozzles from clogging up??

How long are the ink tanks good for after they have been opened?

And how much does a full set of ink tanks cost?

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »
I'd love to see a high-end inkless system w/wifi.
Maybe they could license the tech from these guys:
http://egg-bot.com/

:)
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

t.linn

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • You Must Have A Really Nice Camera
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »
How often do the printers have to be used to keep the nozzles from clogging up??

How long are the ink tanks good for after they have been opened?

And how much does a full set of ink tanks cost?

Those are the key questions, aren't they?  I don't mind paying $2k for a 24" printer if they could come up with a solution for expired ink and clogged nozzles.  I don't print that often and when I do I just want things to work.

I'll say one other thing.  I hope speed isn't the primary area of improvement for the new printer because that is the lowest priority for me.  When I'm evaluating a photo printer I don't even consider that spec.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »

DavidStanley

Re: *UPDATE* Pixma Pro 1 Series? [CR1]
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 02:10:29 AM »
I would like to see it with high lenses.

Photography Courses Online
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:13:53 AM by DavidStanley »

canon rumors FORUM

Re: *UPDATE* Pixma Pro 1 Series? [CR1]
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 02:10:29 AM »