October 22, 2014, 06:52:06 PM

Author Topic: Dust/Dirt seen through viewfinder  (Read 5684 times)

melanpan

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Dust/Dirt seen through viewfinder
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »
Another update!

As Don Haines suggested, I gave them one last chance. I actually e-mailed their info@henrys.com address Tuesday after I had re-visited their shop, and earlier today (Thursday) the manager of the Henry's in my area contacted me. She let me know that they're willing to replace the focus screen, so I'm quite relieved about that. I doubt I'll trust them in the future with handling my camera, but when it comes to buying stuff, I'll probably continue shopping there.

Btw thanks for the suggestion Monkeyhand. I'll consider them.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »

duydaniel

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 12:50:59 AM »
glad to hear.

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »
Another update!

As Don Haines suggested, I gave them one last chance. I actually e-mailed their info@henrys.com address Tuesday after I had re-visited their shop, and earlier today (Thursday) the manager of the Henry's in my area contacted me. She let me know that they're willing to replace the focus screen, so I'm quite relieved about that. I doubt I'll trust them in the future with handling my camera, but when it comes to buying stuff, I'll probably continue shopping there.

Btw thanks for the suggestion Monkeyhand. I'll consider them.

Thats great!
I thought that rattling thier chains might have an effect... All chain stores will have incompetent people in them somewhere, but it is the actions from the top when a problem is found that defines what the corperate culture is. They had a choice between "screw you" and "lets make this right"... the seem to have chosen "lets make this right". Hopefully they will learn from this and instruct others not to rub focus screens.
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »