October 22, 2014, 02:50:51 AM

Author Topic: Photo Plus in NY ... really no rumors?  (Read 1298 times)

Lichtgestalt

Photo Plus in NY ... really no rumors?
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »
so in 25 days is photo plus in new york.
i hear all major camera manufacturer will announce gear in early to mid october.

is there really no source who has something to say?

only old CR1 stuff that some day this year a new EOS M will be announced?

???

canon rumors FORUM

Photo Plus in NY ... really no rumors?
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Plus in NY ... really no rumors?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »
so in 25 days is photo plus in new york.
i hear all major camera manufacturer will announce gear in early to mid october.

is there really no source who has something to say?

only old CR1 stuff that some day this year a new EOS M will be announced?

???

What rumor do you want to hear?  We can manufacturer anything you want.  However, the info posted that there will be now announcements this year seems to be holding true so far.  We are all hoping for something though.  I'd personally rather hear of accurate information rather than just anything that comes along.

Canon does not let their plans out publically, they are held by only a few people until the date gets close.  Companies that print up brochures are told they will never get a print job from Canon again if they let it leak, and similar heavy handed threats and NDA's are in place for everyone who has information.  There is always the chance that they plant false information just to catch a suspected leaker, so everyone is careful.

Nikon and Sony don't go to such extremes, and don't seem to take leaks so seriously.   I suspect that some companies actually plant leaks.

Its a bit of a mystery as to why Canon worries to a extreme, after all, they announced development of the 200-400L years before it came out and were the laughing stock of the industry.  Sigma also seems to have pulled back on their announcements made years in advance.

BTW, I don't believe any new Canon cameras were announced last year at Photo Plus either, I don't think Canon sees it as the right time of year to make announcements.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:12:03 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 07:12:40 PM »
Canon actually distributed their entire plan for the next five years; It's marked "Instructions," and that is why no-one has ever read it.

Jim
See what I see: 6500K, 160 cd/m^2, ICC 2, gamma 2.2.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »
Canon actually distributed their entire plan for the next five years; It's marked "Instructions," and that is why no-one has ever read it.

Jim
Its probably published in every user manual. :)

mwh1964

• EOS M2
  • 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »
I think no announcement last year but it was the time when they did begin their rebate program.
5D3 | 16-35L IS | 24-70L II | 24-105L | 70-200L II | 70-300L | 15 fisheye | 35 IS | 40 STM | 50 f1.4 | 100L | B&W Kaesemann | 2 x 600 EX-RT | ST-E3-RT | MR14-EX | EOS M + 22 STM + 90 EX | Manfrotto | Billingham | Lowepro | Think Tank

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »