Well I have to say I'm bitterly disappointed with the SX30 if it is infact replacing the SX1. This is due to a CCD after the rumored backlit CMOS and with that who cares about the wider angle or zoom increase?
Hey for an improvement over the SX20 sure, fine, but this is not going to replace the SX1, so is that still to come?
Maybe we can get some readjusted rumors to flow out from Canon?
And to be clear in my thoughs, I don't care if the SX1 replacement cost $800, what I want (incase Canon is listening) is:
- a 1/1.7 CMOS
- a 1 mega pixel Electronic Viewfinder
- a 3" articulated display on the back
- 2 fully programmable selections on the mode dial
- 14 megapixel CMOS
- a 24x or better zoom
- 2 slots for SDHC cards and an OS that'll copy or move files between them
- If it must come with a Lithium Battery then add an optional external device to hold/use 4AA batteries as a option -OR- a recharger that accepts 4 AA batterys as its power (yes, the 4 AA's would charge the lithium battery pack in a separate device)
- The remote from the SX1
- an increase in the digital zoom to 6x
- Make the lense standard to accept standard filters
- Either add an eyelet on the lense cover for a lanyard or state in the manual that gluing one to the outside of the lense cap will-NOT void the warrenty of the camera.
I will not buy the SX30 though I may shop for an SX1 if the price drops since it's 2 years old.
that's my 2 cents