October 23, 2014, 12:49:32 AM

Author Topic: New Canon 5D Mark III in the wild  (Read 11773 times)

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
Re: New Canon 5D Mark III in the wild
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 02:35:11 AM »
does anyone else remember this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7_7W8E-bi8, which we all know now was a fake by some guy doing a school project or something. (see http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php/topic,1223.msg16652.html#msg16652 ).

Lazy cut and paste job on the youtube video, then someone even lazier has copied the exact screenshot from 0:31 onto a picture of some guy holding a camera where you can't even see the badge. it's even got the left-most 'I' a little brighter than the other two, exactly as in the video.

i call shenanigans, everyone get a broom.

<edit, just noticed Uncle Fester's link goes to the same video, beat me to it>
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:40:48 AM by dr croubie »
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 02:35:11 AM »

YoukY63

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 05:47:07 AM »
Cool down people please.

Nowhere it is said in the article that Ron Howard hold a 5DmIII in his hands in this particular picture. It is just an illustration, showing Ron Howard, a Canon DSLR in hands, and a picture of Mark III (from 1D or 1Ds) incrusted on it.
Just illustration.
But still, I disagree with the arguments from this article and we can feel that the guy is a hard video believer which doesn't care about the picture ability of 5Ds. What he wants is a video 5DmIII.
Canon 5D MkII + 24-105mm f/4L + 70-200mm f/4L IS + 35mm f/1.4L + 85mm f/1.2L + 135mm f/2L + Sigma 50mm f/1.4EX + Samyang 14mm f/2.8

29cfrun

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
They are out there. I did spot one at Fenway park (next to dugout) and it had a new L lense that has not been released. I asked the photographer and all he said when asked if that was the Mark III was ya and asked about the lense was prototype (guessing it was 70-400 by the size markings had tape over them).

Edwin Herdman

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »
I just posted this over at EOSHD, but I'll reiterate here:

"While we are all excited and waiting in anticipation for whatever Canon has up it’s sleeves I would implore those looking to inform to be mindful about sharing information this way. While I don’t doubt the validity of Jared’s report here, the fact that he posted the camera house and an individual’s name can indeed put their career and reputation at risk. Be curious, be investigative, but don’t burn those who are already in the fire. This is coming from somebody under several NDA’s from different studios at the moment."

It's fine to spot things in the wild and report on rumors and truths here and there, but bringing others into it can have a broader effect.
Well put.  That's reason enough to hope this particular story isn't true.  (Of course, I do want a 5D Mark III, just the same as everybody else, but being a newshound at the cost of somebody's access - not so much.)

Isaac

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 06:39:50 AM »
Canon have an incredibly high secrecy policy when it comes to future products because if something is leaked it will affect sales of the current model resulting in a substantial loss.

Additionally, I do not think Canon place badges such as "mark III" on their test models. By having nothing on these test models, no would truly be able to work out which camera it is. Eg. 5D2 and 7D look extremely similar.

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 06:57:32 AM »
By having nothing on these test models, no would truly be able to work out which camera it is. Eg. 5D2 and 7D look extremely similar.

Easiest way to tell is look at the flash. 5D and 5D2 are the only small-bodied (ie, non-gripped) without a built-in flash.

But you never know, canon may add an inbuilt flash to the next 5D3. FF-sized pentaprism can't be an excuse not to, FF film cameras had built-in flashes...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

Bob Howland

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 07:42:31 AM »
Canon have an incredibly high secrecy policy when it comes to future products because if something is leaked it will affect sales of the current model resulting in a substantial loss.

Then why did they introduce the 1Dx five months before they intend to ship it?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 07:42:31 AM »

Mark D5 TEAM II

• 1D X
  • Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 08:58:39 AM »
Well, if you ask the Noink fanbois like bob on DPR, it is because they intend to steal the spotlight away from an upcoming announcement of the D4 that would supposedly blow away this 1Dx.  ::)
Nikon NSF16 5-Leaf Dual-Blade Industrial Fan ¦ Nikon NTMFI-H1 Dry Heavy Flat Iron ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMRC1-2S Rice Cooker “Limited Edition” ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMJK18-S Stainless Electric Kettle Plate Type ¦ Nikon NHT 2-in-1 Curling Iron & Straightener in One ¦ Nikon N4004s Decision Master System™

Isaac

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 01:31:16 PM »

Then why did they introduce the 1Dx five months before they intend to ship it?
Because that 5 months was added onto their product's full lifespan. It appears as if it's 5 months but that was after they achieved their goals and time quota for that product.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:56:02 PM by Isaac »

Picsfor

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »
I saw 2 5D2's in the wild on Thursday, said they new nothing about a 5D3  ::)
Then asked if i'd like to join them for a pint!  8)

So, we're gonna pop off on Wednesday to have a play with a 1DX - the 5D2's are not sure whether to upgrade or wait for a "what are we calling it? 5DX3?"

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »