April 20, 2014, 08:30:05 PM

Author Topic: No 5D Mark III on Novemeber 3 [CR2]  (Read 31003 times)

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
Re: No 5D Mark III on Novemeber 3 [CR2]
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 10:06:51 AM »
Any word on any other imminent Nikon announcements?  After canon dodged the bullet on the last nikon announcement with the pink mirrorless camera, they probably got the impression they could delay and take their time with DSLR announcements... If Nikon did pull their trump card and announced a DSLR with the mirrorless, then i guarantee you the 5D would have been announced the next possible release date...
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 10:06:51 AM »

leGreve

• Rebel T5i
  • Full time photographer and film maker omnifilm.dk
    • View Profile
    • leGreve Photography
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
digital rev had the same feeling.

This is why the 5d MKIII is going to be something of an upgrade that we are going to have to just wait out, it has to fill some big shoes of it's predecessor and what we expect, kinda reminds me of how blizzard takes the longest time to make it's games Starcraft / Diablo.

The 5d MKII is a crazy great camera; think the biggest upgrade for me to have is (skipping MP's to be honest)

1.) EVF viewfinder
2.) Bigger flip any direction HD screen
- extra -
XLR input with phantom power & an audio-output to monitor audio while recording (built in)
3.) Slow-Mo Video setting + more Cinema style settings 
4.) Canon Professional Video editing software be nice too bundled in.

Ironically... this is exactly what their competition has right now... and at the price range of 5500 dollars, which again is cheaper than the projected price of the 2 video cams.

A mk III better have ALL of the above and more.
5D III -  Zeiss Otus 55mm 1.4 ~ 24-70 2.8L II ~ 70-200 2.8L II IS USM ~ 100 2.8L IS USM Macro ~ 16-35 2.8L II ~ Canon Extender 2x III

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »
How many of you have been like this since the start of the year:

"Should I buy mk II or wait for the mk III?"

Well... buy the god damn camera if you need it :)

Have fun waiting.

Last year at around this time, rumors were flying that a 5DIII was just around the corner.  I didn't wait, I bought a 5DII...which I've now been enjoying for nearly a year. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Velo Steve

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • Photos on Flickr (mostly removed when the changed the site)
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »
No, Canon, no!

Video is, with a few exceptions, a slow and boring form of communication.  Once people realize that no one wants to watch their boring clips, this will fade.  Sure, it's possible now to shoot HD video at reasonable prices, but who needs it?

Apologies of course to those who actually are able to make good video.

Zuuyi

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 10:33:09 AM »
look at gaming, where the Xbox 360 and PS3 are over two years overdue for an update, if you were to follow their original release cycle.

Playstation is on a 6 year cycle; 94, 2000, and 2006.  So the PS4 is supposed to come out in 2012, not behind.

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 10:42:01 AM »
No, Canon, no!

Video is, with a few exceptions, a slow and boring form of communication.  Once people realize that no one wants to watch their boring clips, this will fade.  Sure, it's possible now to shoot HD video at reasonable prices, but who needs it?

Apologies of course to those who actually are able to make good video.

+1

The videos I make are hard to watch, I have stopped trying... the pics I take are not as terrible  :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:54:19 AM by K-amps »
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

rocketdesigner

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »

This is why the 5d MKIII is going to be something of an upgrade that we are going to have to just wait out, it has to fill some big shoes of it's predecessor and what we expect, kinda reminds me of how blizzard takes the longest time to make it's games Starcraft / Diablo.

The 5d MKII is a crazy great camera; think the biggest upgrade for me to have is (skipping MP's to be honest)

1.) EVF viewfinder
- extra -
XLR input with phantom power & an audio-output to monitor audio while recording (built in)

XLR input on a dslr body? You're kidding, right? .... it will never happen...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »

mreco99

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 11:13:33 AM »
On the videocamera... ok wotever..

Back to the more interesting rumor on 5Dmk2 replacement, there is no way we would find out if there is one coming. The moment is it actually known when a replacement is coming, virtually all 5dmk2 sales will stop, except those buyers with no interest in cameras which, lets face it, if your spending $$$$$ on 5dmk2 + bits, your generally going to research the internet a bit (or for most of us, a hell of a lot, infact WAy to much)

This is a very strange time given the devastation earlier this year to stock and manufacturing plants. Its not long ago they only just got back up to full production. So we know before July/Aug there was no stock of the 5Dmk2, so there was no stock pile to try and reduce. We are in September and there are price cuts, so this isnt to shift a massive stock pile of 5Dmk2's.
So obviously they are making 5dmk2 again, if they announces a replacement now, available for Feb 2012, who do you think is going to buy a 5dmk2? Thats right, the people i mentioned above and there arnt many of them at this price point.
So theres no way we will be finding out in advance when it will be out.

Which is GREAT news because that means it could still be out for XMAS!!! whoop whoop.

Personally i think they will keep slightly reducing the price of the 5dmk2 up till xmas, to maximise sales, and announce a replacement Feb/Mar 2012. If the sale of the 5dmk2 are weak they will bring the replacement forward, assuming its ready.

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:07 AM »
Personally i think they will keep slightly reducing the price of the 5dmk2 up till xmas, to maximise sales, and announce a replacement Feb/Mar 2012. If the sale of the 5dmk2 are weak they will bring the replacement forward, assuming its ready.

Makes sense, unless people stop buying the 5D2, why would Canon be pushed to release a 5D3?

5D2 plus Magic lantern firmware is almost a 5D mk. 2.5  if you look at all the video features, and great stuff like AEB 9 shots, Focus bracketing and a bunch of other stuff that some people want.

Personally the only thing I am looking for them to improve is even better high ISO performance, otherwise the 5d2 is such a great performer as it is.

EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 11:46:46 AM »
Is the Date just a coincidence?

3rd of November ... MK III

3rd Anniversary to the day of the release of the video "Reverie" filmed with the 5D MK II?

Any Numerologists??

(Credit to Vincent Laforet's Blog)

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2011/09/22/will-the-number-3-be-a-significant-number/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:09:37 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

Dave Creu

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »

1.) EVF viewfinder
- extra -

XLR input on a dslr body? You're kidding, right? .... it will never happen...

Unless they implement XLR input into the next generation battery grip. LOTS of filmmakers still want the DSLR form factor over a full on camcorder.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »
Is the Date just a coincidence?

3rd of November ... MK III

3rd Anniversary to the day of the release of the video "Reverie" filmed with the 5D MK II?

Any Numerologists??

Love it.

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if there are no FF anouncements this year as there isn't exactly a lot of competition in respect of new models from Nikon or Sony.  There's also not a lot of spare wealth going around at the moment. 

This will mean that 2012 would be a busy year for Canon as people will be expecting two new FF cameras, a new Rebel and a mirrorless system; on top of that the 7D and 60D will be getting close to the end of their product cycle...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »

LetTheRightLensIn

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »

Makes sense, unless people stop buying the 5D2, why would Canon be pushed to release a 5D3?

5D2 plus Magic lantern firmware is almost a 5D mk. 2.5  if you look at all the video features, and great stuff like AEB 9 shots, Focus bracketing and a bunch of other stuff that some people want.

Personally the only thing I am looking for them to improve is even better high ISO performance, otherwise the 5d2 is such a great performer as it is.

because if you wait until you simply have to release you then you have waited too long

release it early and you catch enough attention to even grab share from other makers

and in video they are going to utterly loose all they had gained, although maybe these new camcorders will pseudo help with that, depending       but it also gives a bad feeling that now the video division will insist on DSLR video crippling since canon loves internal segmentation so much :(

lbloom

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 02:22:36 PM »
The 5Dmkii has been "due" for replacement for a while but I guess Canon is resetting the refresh clock, hopefully the improvements will be worth the wait!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 02:22:36 PM »