July 31, 2014, 10:01:35 PM

Author Topic: No 5D Mark III on Novemeber 3 [CR2]  (Read 32770 times)

MazV-L

Re: No 5D Mark III on Novemeber 3 [CR2]
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 08:08:41 AM »

Back to the more interesting rumor on 5Dmk2 replacement, there is no way we would find out if there is one coming. The moment is it actually known when a replacement is coming, virtually all 5dmk2 sales will stop, except those buyers with no interest in cameras which, lets face it, if your spending $$$$$ on 5dmk2 + bits, your generally going to research the internet a bit (or for most of us, a hell of a lot, infact WAy to much)

This is a very strange time given the devastation earlier this year to stock and manufacturing plants. Its not long ago they only just got back up to full production. So we know before July/Aug there was no stock of the 5Dmk2, so there was no stock pile to try and reduce. We are in September and there are price cuts, so this isnt to shift a massive stock pile of 5Dmk2's.
So obviously they are making 5dmk2 again, if they announces a replacement now, available for Feb 2012, who do you think is going to buy a 5dmk2? Thats right, the people i mentioned above and there arnt many of them at this price point.

How about the camera-savvy people who can't afford the 5D ii at its current price range, ( so of course can't afford the 5Diii when its released)  but are hoping to snap it up at a bargain price when the 5Diii is announced?!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 08:08:41 AM »

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »

Back to the more interesting rumor on 5Dmk2 replacement, there is no way we would find out if there is one coming. The moment is it actually known when a replacement is coming, virtually all 5dmk2 sales will stop, except those buyers with no interest in cameras which, lets face it, if your spending $$$$$ on 5dmk2 + bits, your generally going to research the internet a bit (or for most of us, a hell of a lot, infact WAy to much)

This is a very strange time given the devastation earlier this year to stock and manufacturing plants. Its not long ago they only just got back up to full production. So we know before July/Aug there was no stock of the 5Dmk2, so there was no stock pile to try and reduce. We are in September and there are price cuts, so this isnt to shift a massive stock pile of 5Dmk2's.
So obviously they are making 5dmk2 again, if they announces a replacement now, available for Feb 2012, who do you think is going to buy a 5dmk2? Thats right, the people i mentioned above and there arnt many of them at this price point.

How about the camera-savvy people who can't afford the 5D ii at its current price range, ( so of course can't afford the 5Diii when its released)  but are hoping to snap it up at a bargain price when the 5Diii is announced?!

Get a 5d classic. It still has excellent image quality. One will run you about $900-$1200 on feebay depending on condition, use it for a few months, then sell it when the 5d3 comes... and not lose more than $50-100 Thats the price of a 1 day rental! Why wait?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:30:08 PM by K-amps »
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

geohsia

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 08:39:25 PM »
To be honest I don't think Canon will release the Mark III until Nikon releases the D700s/D800. 

Lucky5

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2011, 02:12:51 PM »
Now here is something interesting. There is a major dealer in Germany (ac-foto.com) who gives a full refund on 5DII’s that will be bought right now, if Canon announces a 5DIII before 31st. of December. So when the company wouldn`t be sure, that there will be no announcement, I don’t think they would offer that deal.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2011, 02:33:43 PM »
Now here is something interesting. There is a major dealer in Germany (ac-foto.com) who gives a full refund on 5DII’s that will be bought right now, if Canon announces a 5DIII before 31st. of December. So when the company wouldn`t be sure, that there will be no announcement, I don’t think they would offer that deal.

I wouldn't say they'd to be certain... it's a calculated risk to drive sales in the here and now.  Does the fine print of that guarantee say the customer has to buy a 5D3 by a certain date to get the refund of the 5D2? 

If so, they're being very clever and it might be it might be win win for them... if the 5D3 isn't announced they just made a sale  If it does get announced, they'd take back the 5D2 and sell a 5D3 which would, at full introduction pricing, have a higher profit for the store than the current price of 5D2.  They'd probably be able to sell 5D2 used for not much less than new and overall they make money in either scenario.

Lucky5

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »
Yes, I thought so too. It is pretty clever marketing.

The date is from now on until the 31st. of December. And it says you get a full refund and there is no word that you have to buy a 5DIII afterwards. So I think they are pretty sure.

I am really tempted to buy one because of the FF-sensor. But my current cams (1DIII and 7D) are fast and have a pretty good AF and I use it, too. I propably will miss the AF. Therefore I still wait. But like i said, it is very tempting, expecially since the price is that low.

Isaac

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »
The heart says buy a 5D2 now.

The brain says wait and buy a 5D3 soon.

Simple: I like to follow my brain.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »

HurtinMinorKey

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »

MY brain tells you to wait till the 5Dmkiii comes out, and then buy a mkii at a steep discount.

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2011, 03:01:21 PM »
remember your first date with that mindblowing you lady who's now your wife? we enjoyed the waiting...that's just what I do now  8)
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

Isaac

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »

MY brain tells you to wait till the 5Dmkiii comes out, and then buy a mkii at a steep discount.

That is exactly why I don't follow your brain.

luele

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 03:34:28 PM »
And what its when the 5-series is stopped - and it's a 6 or 4? He writes thats the 5MKII succsessor is announced till 31.12. He doesn't write that it's the Mark III.

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »
Why do people participate in stupid threads like this?

People posting "I'm not going to buy X because Y might be released".

Anyone that is going to wait for a 5D3 doesn't need a 5D2 now and won't need a 5D3 when it is released.

If you need a 5D series camera then you're going to buy one, irrespective of what may or may not come. If you had a 2 year old 5D2 and it went under the wheel of your car, are you going to wait until the 5D3 comes out before you buy a new one? No, you're going to buy one "tomorrow". If you're a hobbyist and you're toying around with an APS-C and wondering if you should go FF or not, then whether or not a 5D3 appears tomorrow or in 12 months is not going to make any difference to your decision making process. If you're a hobbyist and you need a FF camera then you'll buy. If you don't need it, you won't.

The best suggestions are that a 5D series camera will be released in September 2012. That's 11 months away and probably at least a 12 month wait before a 5D3 is in your hands.

Anyone that can wait that long for a camera that doesn't exist obviously doesn't need it.

Get your hands out from under the table.

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2011, 05:03:32 PM »
Why do people participate in stupid threads like this?

Dilbert, you are on a roll today.

Seriously though, I'm kind of with you on this one.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2011, 05:03:32 PM »

htjunkie

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
What is it with people posting in threads they're not interested in? Feel the need to chastise much?

I am in that boat: I am thinking, seriously, about reselling my 7D + my 2 EF-S lenses to fund the purchase of a 5D, be it II or III, with the 24-105 kit lens.

I will be buying it tomorrow night if nothing gets announced tomorrow (Oct 26). I just want to make sure they're not gonna release the 5DIII right after I spent 3 grand on a camera. If you can't understand that, you're an idiot.

However, for what it's worth, I am expecting that the 5D mkIII with be moved up the line into the low FPS studio/landscape camera that the 1Ds used to be. And therefore, the mere updated model of the 5DII will probably cost more in the $3500-$4000 range. And to keep an "entry-level" FF camera, they'll release a 6D or similar body, that will be the equivalent of the 60D in FF: smaller/lighter/cheaper body, weird ergonomics, swivel screen, AND no more than 18MP. I don't want any of these. The 5DII is a tried and true perfect camera for me (I do mostly landscape and portraits).

te4o

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »

Anyone that is going to wait for a 5D3 doesn't need a 5D2 now and won't need a 5D3 when it is released.

If you need a 5D series camera then you're going to buy one, irrespective of what may or may not come. If you had a 2 year old 5D2 and it went under the wheel of your car, are you going to wait until the 5D3 comes out before you buy a new one? No, you're going to buy one "tomorrow". If you're a hobbyist and you're toying around with an APS-C and wondering if you should go FF or not, then whether or not a 5D3 appears tomorrow or in 12 months is not going to make any difference to your decision making process. If you're a hobbyist and you need a FF camera then you'll buy. If you don't need it, you won't.

The best suggestions are that a 5D series camera will be released in September 2012. That's 11 months away and probably at least a 12 month wait before a 5D3 is in your hands.

Anyone that can wait that long for a camera that doesn't exist obviously doesn't need it.

C'mon dilbert, don't be so hard on us. Stating the obvious is always hard to swallow, I know. But to put it the otehrwayround - if you don't earn a living with photo/video, you don't need more than your phone-cam to document your life along, or a P&S at most.
I am a hobbyist, yes, hobbyists just GROW in their needs, they don't surf the edge of technology like the 1D guys do. I'm are not in NEED for a FF it but it will add to my expression of art undoubtedly. If you live outside the big ebay pools of US and Europe it is difficult to buy&sell second hand. So, I am careful were I to spend my money on a FF with all the issues about to be improved (I borrowed one several times - my Carl Zeiss lenses deliver magnificent results there, so precise that I can see where the sensor technology from 2007 is struggling to cope with - dark areas are just messy, without colour detail, 800 ISO and above is just not looking nice enough, I don't want to go on here).
I am not going to feed the shops on a week-old bread. That's for ducks...
5D3 (04/12), Carl Zeiss ZE 21, 35/1.4, 50MP, 100MP
Canon 135/2, Sigma 85/1.4
SONY RX100

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »