October 01, 2014, 06:53:34 AM

Author Topic: Studio lighting  (Read 3502 times)

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Studio lighting
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 12:31:52 AM »
I've recently sold the last of a career-long accumulation of ProFoto gear...a couple of 2400ws floorpacks, half a dozen 600ws monos and a raft of modifiers and accessories. ProFoto feels like rock-'n'-roll build quality but my stuff spent too much time at the repair shop.

Everything has been simplified and replaced by eight PCB Einsteins and another raft of surprisingly inexpensive modifiers and accessories. Contact the very helpful Colin or Julie at http://www.paulcbuff.com.au/ in Queensland and set yourself up with this amazing kit. I'm not in the slightest bit surprised it's selling it's socks off wherever it's available.

-pw

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 12:31:52 AM »

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 12:30:12 PM »
Job 1.

Get on the roof with some felt and block those skylights.

Job 2.

Get the matte black paint out and cover those walls.

+ 1 for me too.
Dear Sir, Mr. paul13walnut5.
You are the REAL PRO, The Professional Portrait Photographer, who know the  perfected condition of the Real Studio. Yes, I miss these ones too.
Thanks you, Sir.
Surapon

bestimage

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »
Folks, I have similar question on the subject matter, I do portraits and weddings, I have been thinking to upgrade my lights from Elinchrom to either Broncolor or Profoto. I like bluish tint of Bron while I heard so many good things about Profoto also, I like bluish tint of bron while I feel that Profoto is crisp but flat and slightly warmer with no accent like Bron. I Being in Canon system, my feel is that Canon lenses are little bit on cooler side, so my question is what system would be best in combination with Canon, Bron or Profoto. Your input will be greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »