June 23, 2018, 04:38:10 AM

Author Topic: good shoulder bag?  (Read 16038 times)

s2kdriver80

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • www.paulkimphotography.com
Re: good shoulder bag?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 02:39:12 AM »
I use a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home to carry around a 5D3 with 24-105mm attached, another 5D3 with 16-35mm II attached, and a 70-200 f/4L IS with the hood reversed.  Also carry two Speedlites but need to put them in two Tamrac flash pouches that can clip on to both outer sides of the Crumpler, since they don't fit inside.  But it looks like all of your listed gear might fit inside the bag.
-Paul

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 02:39:12 AM »

JPAZ

• EOS 5DS R
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 03:20:11 AM »
I have and had a few from all the usual suspects.........  ThinkTank Retrospective series.  This might be the most comfortable shoulder strap of any.  ...... I carried this for almost a month in Central Asia in the heat and it worked really well for me.

JP

I almost went that way, but I was concerned about user complaints in reviews regarding insufficient padding. In your experience how does it hold up to bumps and short drops? If I need a slightly bigger bag I may add an RS 20 in the future, because the strap on the LowePro is pertty chunky for my tastes, but still pretty comfortable.

Did not find that to be a problem.  I did, in fairness, "double up" some of the insert/velcro pads when I set up the interior.  I'll bet a lot of us have a lot of interior pieces form the way too many bags we have in our closets.  Actually, my biggest concern was that it is not a very "sealed" bag in a dusty environment but the reality was this was not a problem either.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:22:31 AM by JPAZ »
5d MkIV; Eos-M5 and too many lenses; 430 EXii, 430 EXiii-RT, Flashpoint V860ii-C and a lot of stuff.

danski0224

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 07:01:15 AM »
Reminded me that I'm still looking for the "Tardis" bag – bigger on the inside than on the outside.

I had one, but it kept getting lost and I eventually misplaced it...

dickgrafixstop

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
I'm surprised that no one recommended the Domke F2 - a great back than can hold more "stuff" than I can either
carry or afford.  Great shoulder strap - particularly with the optional pad, enough pockets to "organize" the cords,
chargers, etc. that come along and not too expensive.  Mine's getting a little shabby from being dragged around,
but it's still a keeper.  I also like the Naneu Pro Tango bag - with it's web cross shoulder strap it's a little easier on
long days because the weight is distributed.  Holds whatever and also a small laptop/tablet with good protection.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »