I get irritated when I am told that -
1. f/4 lenses are all you need - f/2.8 or faster is just a waste of money;
2. hobbyists don't need two camera bodies - one is all that you require;
3. you no longer need a tripod - the high ISO performance takes care of everything;
4. you no longer need graduated filters;
5. anyone with too much gear is a collector and not a photographer;
6. you don't need to spend $$$ on good quality filters - any cheap filter will do the same job, equally good;
7. you can shoot a wedding with an iPhone;
8. a camera is all about the sensor;
9. more MP = better photos;
10. anyone shooting in TV/AV mode doesn't understand how to expose correctly;
11. Auto-ISO is for noobs
I got three from the above list earlier today ... grrr!
Anything that I have missed?
1DX, 5D3, 600D, RX100
16-35L, 24-70L II, 70-200L II, 100-400L II, 50L, 85L II, 135L, 17TSE, 24TSE, 40, 100 macro, 18-55 II, 55-250 II, 1.4x III, 2x III, 600RT x 4
When it comes to gear, it is better to vote with your wallet. Bitching on online forums like a lunatic doesn't get you anywhere!