What could you add to the 70D to make it more video oriented?
Hybrid EVF/OVF viewfinder?
Faster frame rates below 1080p?
Higher resolution (4k)?
Smooth digital video zoom from full-frame to 1:1?
Quad pixel for 4-way AF sensors on every pixel?
Some sort of power zoom lens system?
- fixed moire / aliasing issues
- better codec
- faster framerates AT 1080p. 240fps like on the fs700 is possible and would be a HUGE selling point
- no need for 4k - and for sure will not be there - who else would then buy the 12k 1DC?
- no need for digital zoom, but a 1:1 mode like on the gh2 would be nice to see
- clean hdmi out
- zebra / focus peaking
- basically a pre installed magic lantern
- a quote from another website: "the first who dares to implement 10bit 4:2:2 will win this game" - but i highly doubt this one will come from sony/canon/panasonics - maybe nikon will surprise us someday? after all they wouldnt kill their professional video lineup (since they dont have one)
- not sure if its is possible to build a hybrid viewfinder on a dslr, but would be nice to see.... otherwise maybe a fixed metal frame at the screen to place these aftermarkets LCDVFs onto? not many people like to glue it on afterwards....
some of you dont need a videofunction? well, others do. for every hour of footage i take 1 photo with my (well, my company's) 7d. hm, only kind of true since we timelapse quite a bit - but this does count more as filming than taking photos, right? so actually there are some folks out there really wanting a video dslr