Gear Talk > Canon General

October 26 Event?

(1/11) > >>

Canon Rumors:
What do we have here?

The expected Pixma announcements fit in around that date, however there is an EOS logo showing on the bottom of the invite as well. October 26 is a Wednesday. I had heard previously about a “third week of October announcement” for Pixma and from a couple of people EOS. However as posted yesterday, I had been told by everyone and their mother that no new DSLR was coming in 2011.

Thanks manny
cr

bornshooter:
im gonna say this now my opinion there will be a dslr announcement this year dont believe the rubbish about no announcement all the price drops for the 5d mk2 aren't a coincidence.i also think a 5d mk3 will be announced before a 1 series for sure.me i have a 60d with a 24-70 2.8 L and 70-200 f2.8 L is usm mk2 so i have the glass but really want to go full frame the price drops for the mk2 are very very tempting but ill wait to see what happens at this event to see and price points and if id be as well getting a mk2 for a couple of years .

bornshooter:
and also may i add october the 26th is the last day of canon pro solutions event in london something is coming and it aint no printer!

dstppy:

--- Quote from: Canon Rumors on September 27, 2011, 10:30:48 AM ---The expected Pixma announcements fit in around that date, however there is an EOS logo showing on the bottom of the invite as well. October 26 is a Wednesday. I had heard previously about a “third week of October announcement” for Pixma and from a couple of people EOS. However as posted yesterday, I had been told by everyone and their mother that no new DSLR was coming in 2011.

--- End quote ---
Woohoo T4i baby!  ;D  I'm <very> cautiously <not very> optimistic.  Can you rate the source?  Are we just being teased by a photochopper?

AndrewReid:
This will be the Ron Howard film premiere shot on EOS DSLRs as I predicted last week http://www.eoshd.com/content/4205/new-canon-ron-howard-5d-mark-iii

New York was mentioned as a venue for this premiere way back in the May 2011 press release.

The new Pixma printers will be part of it because the premise of the Ron Howard Imagination project is that they started with a bunch of stills.

The stills form the inspiration for the film.

26th October is the same time the Canon Pro Photo solutions show is held in London and I have heard Canon have a stand reserved for new products there, might be printers might be a DSLR, might be a PowerShot G13, who knows?

But certainly the New York premiere could be a place to unveil the 5D Mark III. I think that it is more likely just a marketing thing though, for existing DSLRs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version