November 28, 2014, 10:55:09 AM

Author Topic: Canon ST-E3-RT help/question  (Read 1287 times)

SPL

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Canon ST-E3-RT help/question
« on: October 10, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »
So, I have a Canon 600EX-RT and a Canon ST-E3-RT.  I have to say these are great and have had a lot of fun getting into off camera flash.  But,…I would like to expand to 2 or 3 more flashes.  Does the ST-E3-RT work with any Yongnuo flashes or does anyone think this may come around in the near future,..or am I going to have to get more 600s (ouch,..$$$!)

canon rumors FORUM

Canon ST-E3-RT help/question
« on: October 10, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
Re: Canon ST-E3-RT help/question
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
So, I have a Canon 600EX-RT and a Canon ST-E3-RT.  I have to say these are great and have had a lot of fun getting into off camera flash.  But,…I would like to expand to 2 or 3 more flashes.  Does the ST-E3-RT work with any Yongnuo flashes or does anyone think this may come around in the near future,..or am I going to have to get more 600s (ouch,..$$$!)

Wait for a sale or cash back and get another 600-EX-RT, Yongnuo are supposed to be coming to market with a YN-600-EX-RT that is compatible, but it won't be cheap and there are no guarantees for future compatibility even if it does offer USB firmware upgrade capability.
Never look down on anybody, unless you are helping them up.

Dianoda

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »

I don't know much about the prospects of compatibility w/ future yougnuo flashes, but as far as buying more 600-EXRTs goes - if you are patient/internet savvy, the cheapest option would be to buy them refurbished from the Canon direct online store when they put refurbs on sale.  I bought all of my 600's for a little less than $400 each ($373 before tax w/ free shipping) using a page monitor plug-in for chrome browser to monitor in-stock/out-of-stock status during sales (the app checks for changes in the web page every couple of minutes and I get a notification if a change is detected - so I pretty much know immediately if an item I am interested in comes back in stock or goes on sale).  I'll probably regret giving away my secret, but... screw it, I have pretty much all the gear already.
Current Kit: Some cameras and a bunch of lenses, maybe even a tripod or two

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »