December 20, 2014, 10:59:19 AM

Author Topic: Removing "Rebel T3i" decal on my canon camera  (Read 8505 times)

luxmariaj

Re: Removing "Rebel T3i" decal on my canon camera
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »
its a nicecamera ;) www.luxmariaj.ro

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 08:49:07 PM »
Tape, decals, perceived status (usually imagined)....what you'll be judged on is your output.

However a valid reason to tape up is when you want to "dress-down" for those occasions you are shooting in high crime areas, low security areas or countries where invisibility is helpful for security or minimizing  the attention that you attract to yourself.

A 5DII without the grip, but looking like it's so clapped out it's held together with tape will be unseen by a street thief who might snitch it off your shoulder. Junk has little resale value. A great photo's value can be sky high.

Paul Wright

niccyboy

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »
I never thought of that Paul!

I recently did some aerial camera tests of modified Nikon equipment and they taped up the logo for some reason. I'm not sure why as we were in the middle of no where and it wasn't anything too exciting..... and it was terrible and didn't work well!

If Canon had GPS built into their 1ds then i would have pushed for that instead.

this thread reminds me of one of the main things that annoys me about digi rev TV.... how they shoot with a Canon with a Nikon strap... i don't really understand why they do it, and how the companies that (i assume) give them these bodies for the tests, allow it!

ayazasifphoto

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 09:44:49 PM »
Some pros may have contractual issues with brands, being seen shooting a Sony commercial with a Canon camera might bother Sony executives, so its best to black it out.  Cameras shown in movies and TV may be blacked out if the manufacturer doesn't pay for the advertising. (usually, they do)

It can take a lot of tape to cover Canon's white L lenses. ;)

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »
Some pros may have contractual issues with brands, being seen shooting a Sony commercial with a Canon camera might bother Sony executives, so its best to black it out.  Cameras shown in movies and TV may be blacked out if the manufacturer doesn't pay for the advertising. (usually, they do)

It can take a lot of tape to cover Canon's white L lenses. ;)

:)
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

Leopard Lupus

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
I can understand wanting to remove the logo, not just from a Rebel. Nice job! A great point was brought up by a couple people above me: Glass really does matter more. I shot with a T2i for a while and had L glass mounted. Moving up never hurts, as long as it doesn't hurt the wallet of course!

jscamera

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »
My canon t3i body decal fell off and now my camera books odd without it! Does anyone know were I can buy/order a new one?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »

Radiating

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 11:30:54 PM »
Pro's often put black tape over the logo if they don't want to advertise the camera they are using.

Yep, black tape works better than damaging expensive gear.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 11:30:54 PM »