July 30, 2014, 12:33:02 AM

Author Topic: Am I the only person who isn't interested in a 5d mkIII?  (Read 8031 times)

nikkito

• 7D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
Re: Am I the only person who isn't interested in a 5d mkIII?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »
Millions of people are not interested in a 5D3.  My mother doesn't even know what that is.  For any of us to declare we are not interested in the 5D3 whilst discussing it on this site is *interesting*.

+1
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
i take my images and not the camera... so not fussed at all about a mk3.....  i want a lighter mirrorless model, beyond that, no fussed

Very true, but what if the next generation offers you some ability to do something your current camera does not.  I'm no saying the 5D3 will do that but what if.  You are still you so a better tool can only be an improvement, not worse.

I doubt the 5D3 will be anything more than an incremental improvement over the 5D2.  A little more DR in line with what we've seen from the recent Sony sensors, a bit less noise a la the 1D4 sensor, AF similar to 7D, Digic5, dual CF, better video codecs, some ergo changes, etc.  But those are all great things, whether worth an upgrade from a 5D2 is personal preference.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:49:21 AM by Meh »

Chris primadona

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »
Chris, it sounds like 1DMk3 is actually still the perfect camera for you. Why do you feel that it's time for an upgrade if your camera does everything you want?

I do love the mkIII for almost all uses but some clients are asking for bigger files. I would much rather buy a new 1ds mkIII replacement than have to hire a hasselblad for those certain jobs that require it. Also I would buy into the MF system if I didn't do other genres of photography that require a faster body/weathersealing etc. A part of me wants to get back into full frame too so I can get a bit more use out of my 135mm L  ;D

Aaron78

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 10:18:43 AM »
I'm not imterested in the 5D mark iii, heck i hope it never comes out. I just bought a 5D mark ii...

Maui5150

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
I think there are a few different camps of people:

1) Those who could care less - probably the largest group of all

2) Those who are interested in the 7D Mark II and the 5D Mark III not because they plan on buying those, but because they are hoping to scoop up their predecessors on the cheap.  Nothing like a new release to drop the price of the slightly older model.

3) Those on the bleeding edge who frequently turn over their equipment.  I can't afford to be in this group, but understand the necessity very well for those who make their living off this gear.  While to many folks, the difference is negligible, if the new features save you time getting the image or getting a better one, the result is either a better image, saved time or generally both.

The group that is generally the biggest screwed in terms of dilemmas is the second group... Jump on the latest bandwagon, or make do on the cheap with slightly older tech.  For me this makes it a real tough set of choices.  I am outgrowing my T2i and have been tempted to step up slightly to the 7D for better focusing and speed since I am starting to do sports.  I covet the 5dmkII since I also shoot some fashion and the like, so for me it comes down to the 7D vs 5DmkII , perhaps the 7DMKII if the sensor really wows, or the other one to really complicate things... a ProSumer Full Frame (6D???)... Net result... I expect that in the next 12 months all of those options will be available or known, and the price difference will be all within $600 - $800 or so I think

nikkito

• 7D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
I'm not imterested in the 5D mark iii, heck i hope it never comes out. I just bought a 5D mark ii...

hahha i totally understand you ;D
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

-zero-

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »
I think there are a few different camps of people:

1) Those who could care less - probably the largest group of all

2) Those who are interested in the 7D Mark II and the 5D Mark III not because they plan on buying those, but because they are hoping to scoop up their predecessors on the cheap.  Nothing like a new release to drop the price of the slightly older model.

3) Those on the bleeding edge who frequently turn over their equipment.  I can't afford to be in this group, but understand the necessity very well for those who make their living off this gear.  While to many folks, the difference is negligible, if the new features save you time getting the image or getting a better one, the result is either a better image, saved time or generally both.

you forgot a group, those who can afford neither but can't wait to see what new tech canon has put in them to copare them to whatever the competition proposes (and most probably complain about stuff)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

Kamera Obscura

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 11:26:40 AM »
I wouldn't say " I'm not interested in the M III, but I am not hysterical about it. Just enjoy what you have , run it to the shits. Take more pictures! Buys a new lens, the lens you always wanted!

When it happens it happens,

dario.

TexPhoto

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 11:59:08 AM »
"It's so frustrating seeing everyone praying for their new 5d/7d/60d/ti etc!. "  Seriously, why worry about this. 
A. Canon is not producing cameras in response to the yearnings of the people here.
B. More people want a 5d/7d/60d/ti than a an EOS 1 whatever because it's just a much bigger market.

Oh and the update for your camera is already here, and you are not interested.  So... why be so frustrated?

UncleFester

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 12:25:03 PM »

Also I would buy into the MF system if I didn't do other genres of photography that require a faster body/weathersealing etc. A part of me wants to get back into full frame too so I can get a bit more use out of my 135mm L  ;D

If you have clients wanting larger file sizes and medium format, what is the problem? You're in the business but only at 10mp, so really you're behind file-wise. Get a used larger megapixel camera. They aren't 1D(s) but the still work.

japhoto

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Japhoto blog
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 12:59:18 PM »
I don't especially wait for the 5D MkIII either, but as a photographer who's invested money in a system I like to see the system as a whole to go forward.

Be it new bodies, lenses etc. but the main thing is that the system evolves and it has continuation.

On the other hand development and new product announcements makes it possible for me to get an older model at a reasonable price. For example the battle between getting a 5D/5D MkII or 1Ds MkII is something I've thought about recently since I'd like a FF body to compliment my 7D.

So even though you wouldn't need a new camera, it's still reassuring that such a camera is produced.

Did I mention that I switched over to Canon from Olympus since 4/3rds pretty much died...

KBX500

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
I don't especially wait for the 5D MkIII either, but as a photographer who's invested money in a system I like to see the system as a whole to go forward.

Be it new bodies, lenses etc. but the main thing is that the system evolves and it has continuation.

On the other hand development and new product announcements makes it possible for me to get an older model at a reasonable price. For example the battle between getting a 5D/5D MkII or 1Ds MkII is something I've thought about recently since I'd like a FF body to compliment my 7D.

So even though you wouldn't need a new camera, it's still reassuring that such a camera is produced.

Did I mention that I switched over to Canon from Olympus since 4/3rds pretty much died...

I'm curious how you became attracted to the Olympus 4/3 system
to begin with, it having such a small sensor and all.
Were you already heavily invested in the Olympus SLR system ?
Why did you leave Olympus behind ?

Shnookums

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
Oh and the update for your camera is already here, and you are not interested.

Not all of us change their camera every time a new model comes out. My 1DII is old and I would never settle for anytime else than a 1 serie. Guess what, the 1DsIII is more than 4 years old and pro body might not sell as many cameras as 5D(s) and 7D(s) but with many pro bodies Canon sells 400 to 800mm and other high grade lens.

Yes, many pro use 7D and 5D cameras and they are great cameras but many of them use 1 serie camera as well. Canon should not forget about them.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »

Bokehmon

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 11:20:21 PM »
And the worse thing is, people are acting like "I need the 5D MK III so where is it". Jeez, Canon doesn't owe you anything, and just because you said you need it it wont make much of a difference.

This is a business, not making all of you happy - sure a little bit of that is involved but come on.

Ughhhh... don't mean to intrude and all, but Canon's slogon IS "Delighting you always".... yeah. sooooooooooooo maybe they should delight us soon before we get agitated? TEEEEEEHEEEEEEEE.

EOBeav

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My Landscape Photoblog
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
I shoot with a Rebel XSi and am dreaming of the day I can get a 7D. Not sure if that puts things in perspective for you or not, but a 1x is so far out of my range I can't even see it right now.
In landscape photography, when you shoot is more important than where.

Gear: Canon 5DmkII, 17-40mm f/4 L, 50mm f/1.4, 70-200mm f/4.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »