September 22, 2014, 02:25:19 PM

Author Topic: This & That - What Others are Saying  (Read 3530 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
This & That - What Others are Saying
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
Rumor Roundup ala Planet5D @PlanetMitch over at Planet5D has posted a rumor roundup that touches on Canons events in the next month or so.

He’s also invited me to talk live on his site on Monday, October 3, 2011 at 3PM EST.

Read the roundup

Patent – The return of the aperture ring. @Photography Bay has posted a patent pertaining to aperture rings returning to lenses. The ring would be for video capture on DSLRs.

Read all about it 

PRO-1 Printer Apparently the PRO-1 moniker is for a “series” of printers. I’m not sure if we’ll see more than one. I know printers aren’t all that exciting, we’re waiting for the juicy EOS stuff.

Canon EF 200-400 f/4L IS 1.4x Availability? The most recent information I have is it will be officially announced this fall, with a Q2 2012 availability.

Canon still has to start churning out the new 500 and 600.

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

This & That - What Others are Saying
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »

Ziggy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: This & That - What Others are Saying
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »
Sorry for the Dumb question, but what is considered the Quarter #2.  April-June?

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »
Sorry for the Dumb question, but what is considered the Quarter #2.  April-June?

Yes.  April-June.

catz

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 08:00:58 AM »
Quarter 2 tends to usually mean: by end of the last moment possible of that quarter, meaning end of June.
Of course could be different with Canon, but these quarters are newspeak for release dates to look earlier than they really are, in other words, people would be disappointed if someone would say "it is 30th of June 2012", but when it is already Q2 2012, it feels almost like February despite it still is in end of June. They have read their Orwell's 1984 well.

Edwin Herdman

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 01:13:13 PM »
The aperture ring thing is very interesting.  It's moving in exactly the direction I thought they might - creating EF lenses that are good for video.

I wonder...will there be kit zoom lenses for video?  Without focus breathing and that are parfocal?  These would seem most likely to be L lenses (and more expensive than a photographic version just for the build quality) although they probably can skimp on the resolving power if they aren't meant for stills.  I wouldn't bet that likely to be the case, though; these will probably be markedly more expensive than an "L" stills equivalent.  But hopefully they will be competitive with the Zeiss CP.2 and LWZ options (for example).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 01:13:13 PM »