October 21, 2014, 06:10:27 PM

Author Topic: How bad is the 24-105?  (Read 17117 times)

Pi

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Math and Photography
Re: How bad is the 24-105?
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
If the weather were cloudy, I'd probably bring the 24-70mm, as my 24-105mm does not like overcast days.

Since you have both zooms, perhaps you can post a comparison in an overcast day? One of the obvious advantages I can see is to shoot wide open; then the 24-70 would blur more the grayish background and make the main subject pop more but I am wondering if there is some other difference even at the same aperture. And I am not talking about resolution.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »
Even though the Harley ride was last weekend, there were still a few crazy riders out in the freezing cold...I don't understand them.
I never understand them. A 60 year old colleague of mine (who regularly buys some of my camera gear) had a heart attack last year while driving his Harley (luckily survived the fall) ... the doc told him to take it easy but the guy was driving his Harley in less than a month of his stroke ... I keep telling him that I am worried for him coz I might lose a good customer. ;D

Haha, oh my!  Well I know why women like to ride Harleys, but can't understand why men like riding them so much...especially alone without the woman!  I guess it's not difficult to pick up women on a Harley (because of the previous unstated reason??  Hahahaha)... 

For myself, I prefer to save my hearing for listening to high end audio.  There's no amount of noise cancelling or earplugs that can filter out the low-end of the Harley (or other loud bike) drone...I also don't like the idea of being on any bike on the road.  Enough people have road rage with me (and vice versa) and have tried to kill me many times over the years...just while driving my car.  If I road bikes on the road very much, I would have been dead long ago.  Offroad is another story...but I've spent so much money on camera gear that I need to sell one of those bikes.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »