July 29, 2014, 05:26:03 AM

Author Topic: when are the best Sales on 5d Mark iii?  (Read 6763 times)

SomethingPositive

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
when are the best Sales on 5d Mark iii?
« on: October 14, 2013, 02:54:23 AM »
Hello everybody,
I want to buy the 5D mark iii soon. I can wait for Christmas sales but would prefer sooner. when and where would be the best time and place to do so?   
also, I sew some lens kits on ebay, I'm looking for lens that will be good for both landscape and modeling work. any recommendations?
thanks!

canon rumors FORUM

when are the best Sales on 5d Mark iii?
« on: October 14, 2013, 02:54:23 AM »

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: when are the best Sales on 5d Mark iii?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 04:47:23 AM »
if you want it NOW...these are your best deals, here on frontpage of CR  ;D. Bite the bullet and enjoy. Regards, Pedro
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=307134fc2d0a791ab6b98075e227c20f&topic=17427.0
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

hwoarang5

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 05:28:42 AM »
for the best of the best, get used... i got mine used around 4 months for USD2340

body, original grip, 2 original batteries , 2 third parties, 50mmf1.8, GSC filter on both screen on the body, 32gb 600x trancend cf, two piece 8gb trancend cd, two piece 8gb lexar cf all inside a Pelican card CASE, full accessories from the retail box with strap, charger .manual etc .

well cant find anything cheaper than this haha... search around for use, so far in my country used mkIII can goes up to USD1.9k or less, depends on age

Niki

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »
Christmas...until then buy a Canon film camera on ebay..they are cheap and the images are great!

daltech

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 08:43:40 AM »
Hello everybody,
I want to buy the 5D mark iii soon. I can wait for Christmas sales but would prefer sooner. when and where would be the best time and place to do so?   
also, I sew some lens kits on ebay, I'm looking for lens that will be good for both landscape and modeling work. any recommendations?
thanks!

If anybody knew this, everybody looking to buy this camera anytime soon, would be waiting for that day, now wouldn't they ? Nobody knows that answer !? One can stipulate, Black Friday, Boxing Day... who knows !

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 11:36:39 PM »
Hello everybody,
thanks!

Here is a price history for the 5D Mark III.  Those sharp downward spikes represent one day specials.  I bought mine last September during one of those for $2750 from Adorama.  I knew I wanted one, so I just watched for a deal and bought it immediately when it popped up.

I think that this chart is telling you that a price of $2800 or maybe less is likely to happen again, so sit tight and be quick on the buy button.

tpatana

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 04:11:14 AM »
Bought mine last February with 24-105. Sold the lens (as I already had one), effective price for the body $2500.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 04:11:14 AM »

Canon 14-24

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 05:05:02 AM »
Well if you want grey market - "new/opened box" then BVI usually has them $2500-$2599.

If you want from an authorized reseller sadly around $3100 now, since in a time not so long ago...authorized resellers could price below the given listed price. Now/recently I believe Canon required it's authorized sellers to not sell under a certain list price (with the exception of certain rebate promotions) - so in regards of any "legit" authorized going for in the $2800 it probably won't be until an official price cut.

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/dealer/CanonAuthorizedDealers.pdf
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:25:40 AM by Canon 14-24 »

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 12:24:42 PM »
Some
Well if you want grey market - "new/opened box" then BVI usually has them $2500-$2599.

If you want from an authorized reseller sadly around $3100 now, since in a time not so long ago...authorized resellers could price below the given listed price. Now/recently I believe Canon required it's authorized sellers to not sell under a certain list price (with the exception of certain rebate promotions) - so in regards of any "legit" authorized going for in the $2800 it probably won't be until an official price cut.

Don't  misunderstand the Canon rule.
They do not allow a dealer to advertise a price lower than the MSRP they set, but a dealer can sell one for whatever price they want.

Some dealers have been getting around Canons MSRP by having the reduced price visible only when you place the item in the shopping cart and start the checkout. A good example was the recent B&H special price on the 6D.  It only appeared on checkout.

bleephotography

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 03:44:21 PM »
Some

They do not allow a dealer to advertise a price lower than the MSRP they set, but a dealer can sell one for whatever price they want.

Some dealers have been getting around Canons MSRP by having the reduced price visible only when you place the item in the shopping cart and start the checkout. A good example was the recent B&H special price on the 6D.  It only appeared on checkout.

So if you had to venture a guess, when would be the ideal time to purchase a 5D III? Black Friday perhaps? It's currently $3099, but if it has reached $2800 in the past one would figure that there could be a similar price drop soon, possibly once the new Sonys are released...
70D  |  40 STM  |  18-135 STM  |  55-250 STM  |  320EX  |  PCB Einstein

ksagomonyants

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »
Overstockdigital has 5d iii for $2249 with 1 year US warranty. Seems as a great deal to me. Has anybody ordered any gear from them?

bleephotography

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 07:07:35 PM »
Overstockdigital has 5d iii for $2249 with 1 year US warranty. Seems as a great deal to me. Has anybody ordered any gear from them?

Avoid them at all costs. A little research into their legitimacy shows that they are your typical bait-and-switch company. Unfortunately, if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=7985.0

http://www.yelp.com/biz/overstock-digital-washington

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50395313

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
Some

So if you had to venture a guess, when would be the ideal time to purchase a 5D III? Black Friday perhaps? It's currently $3099, but if it has reached $2800 in the past one would figure that there could be a similar price drop soon, possibly once the new Sonys are released...

Good deals just pop up unexpectedly, perhaps a dealer has a lot of inventory and bills to pay, or whatever.  Adorama sold 500 of the 5D MK III's on ebay for $2750 when I bought mine.

All you can do is to set a price you are willing to pay, and be aware that you might only have minutes or hours to jump on it when it appears.  There is no guarantee that your price will ever happen, but if its reasonable, its likely.

Refurbished 5D MK III's are in stock at Canon Direct, and the Canon loyalty program will get you about 10% off that, for a net of about $2450.  All you need is a old powershot or a old 35mm film body that's shot.  Give them the serial number and they will give you a shipping label to send it to be recycled.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »

bleephotography

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »
Some

Good deals just pop up unexpectedly, perhaps a dealer has a lot of inventory and bills to pay, or whatever.  Adorama sold 500 of the 5D MK III's on ebay for $2750 when I bought mine.

All you can do is to set a price you are willing to pay, and be aware that you might only have minutes or hours to jump on it when it appears.  There is no guarantee that your price will ever happen, but if its reasonable, its likely.

Refurbished 5D MK III's are in stock at Canon Direct, and the Canon loyalty program will get you about 10% off that, for a net of about $2450.  All you need is a old powershot or a old 35mm film body that's shot.  Give them the serial number and they will give you a shipping label to send it to be recycled.

Good to know, thanks Mt. I've never even heard of the Canon Loyalty Program so it might be worth an inquiry, although I've never purchased a refurbished camera before (that makes me a little more nervous than a refurbished  lens).

truejahmal

• SX50 HS
  • Pride before the Fall..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »
i've brought 3 refurb cameras from canon direct.  A 5d mark 2 and 3 and a t4i. The 5d's came fine. the t4i came broken and canon sent me another one overnight.  I had to purchase another and I returned the broken one, No Problems.  The 5d camera's came looking like new.  I didn't check the shutter count but I was satisfied.
canon 5d iii, 24-70mm 2.8 mark i, 50mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8 is mark ii, 16-35mm 2.8 mark ii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »