September 30, 2014, 04:39:34 PM

Author Topic: when are the best Sales on 5d Mark iii?  (Read 7247 times)

Dianoda

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: when are the best Sales on 5d Mark iii?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »
Just after Christmas last year was when I bought mine, the 5D3 kit w/ 24-105mm f/4 was selling for $3300 and came with a 6% reward from Amazon - I don't think the kit has been cheaper than that yet.  I've seen the body sell for around $2500 new at ebay (at around the same time as when I bought my 5D3 kit), not sure if that was with a US warranty or not, and those sold out very quickly.
Current Kit: Some cameras and a bunch of lenses, maybe even a tripod or two

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »

ksagomonyants

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 09:23:29 PM »
Oh, ok thanks for the links. I usually go to CR website using Chrome on my laptop and I've never seen any ads here. But this time I logged from my phone and I saw this overstockdigital.com ad. So, my guess was that if I see it here, that probably means it's a more or less reputable seller.

Overstockdigital has 5d iii for $2249 with 1 year US warranty. Seems as a great deal to me. Has anybody ordered any gear from them?

Avoid them at all costs. A little research into their legitimacy shows that they are your typical bait-and-switch company. Unfortunately, if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=7985.0

http://www.yelp.com/biz/overstock-digital-washington

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50395313

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 10:10:53 PM »
Oh, ok thanks for the links. I usually go to CR website using Chrome on my laptop and I've never seen any ads here. But this time I logged from my phone and I saw this overstockdigital.com ad. So, my guess was that if I see it here, that probably means it's a more or less reputable seller.

You should not assume that - NOT EVER!

The ads placed here by Google and CR has little control over them.  In addition, google targets each individual based on other sites they have visited, so we all get different ads.

Overstock.com is not a scam company, but they may have more complaints than normal. Their prices are generally not a bargain.

Roo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »

The ads placed here by Google and CR has little control over them.  In addition, google targets each individual based on other sites they have visited, so we all get different ads.

Very true.  I've been looking at the Camera Paradise site for a couple of weeks and suddenly I see their ads every time I come on CR.

Btw - I did buy my new gear from them :D
5Diii, 60D, Canon 24-105L, Canon 70-200 2.8L is II, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 macro, Tamron 150-600

ksagomonyants

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »
Mt Spokane Photography and Roo, thanks guys, I didn't know that. So, I've read some reviews about this kind of sellers, and lots of people complain that the sellers don't send them what they ordered if they don't buy some extra stuff. But does that mean that if one buys something inexpensive extra, the seller will send him what he ordered originally?

Same thing about buying something from ebay. If I need to send DSLR/lenses etc to Canon, I need to submit a copy of the receipt and the warranty card, correct? So, if I bought something from an ebay seller, will Canon honor warranty from this seller?

Thanks again. I hope these are not really silly questions :)

Very true.  I've been looking at the Camera Paradise site for a couple of weeks and suddenly I see their ads every time I come on CR.

Btw - I did buy my new gear from them :D

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 07:21:36 PM »

Same thing about buying something from ebay. If I need to send DSLR/lenses etc to Canon, I need to submit a copy of the receipt and the warranty card, correct? So, if I bought something from an ebay seller, will Canon honor warranty from this seller?

There are legitimate sellers on ebay, and they will give you a receipt.Several are Authorized Canon dealers.  You do not need to send the warranty card in, its really just a registration card.  you can register on line if you wish.

Canon does want to see a receipt, and as long as its a new unit from a Canon Authorized Dealer, there will never be a issue with a ebay purchase.  In fact, even purchases from non authorized sellers is usually covered as long as its not gray market.  Gray market items from Authorized sellers have also reportedly been covered by Canon USA for a warranty, but no guarantee as to that.

bleephotography

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »
Good news for those of you looking to purchase a 5D3: Amazon just had a price drop to $2699 with a free gadget bag, SD card and authentic LP-E6 battery!

Just go here and make sure you select all the accessories and add them to your cart:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_385102222_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1001424551&plgroup=1&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0MAMAMW0T7MRAF6B7F7J&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1633550822&pf_rd_i=B007FGYZFI
The discount will adjust appropriately during checkout.

Needless to say, I just picked up my second body ;D

70D  |  40 STM  |  18-135 STM  |  55-250 STM  |  320EX  |  PCB Einstein

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »

Roo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
Mt Spokane Photography and Roo, thanks guys, I didn't know that. So, I've read some reviews about this kind of sellers, and lots of people complain that the sellers don't send them what they ordered if they don't buy some extra stuff. But does that mean that if one buys something inexpensive extra, the seller will send him what he ordered originally?

Thanks again. I hope these are not really silly questions :)

I guess I have been lucky in choosing who I've bought from as I haven't experienced a seller not sending what I ordered and I have never been forced to buy anything more than what I wanted. 

When I was doing my purchase research I was going through ebay and looking at the feedback score but I also googled the store name to see if there were any problems associated with them.  I also checked most of them out on facebook although facebook tends to be the place where most negative feedback is generated.  In doing that I found that most of the ebay sellers also had internet stores that offered even cheaper prices.  So I went with ones that offered paypal etc.  Beware though some that seem offer really cheap prices also put a 2% surcharge on all sales that only appears at the checkout - DWI is one of those.  Another thing to look at on some sites is individual vs kit pricing.  I wanted a 5D3 and 24-105 and I found it was au$40 cheaper to order them as individual items than the kit at Camera Paradise.  When it was delivered they still sent me the kit;)

As for warranty claims, the ones I have purchased from in Hong Kong offer a 'door to door' warranty.  If there is a claim they will arrange the shipping back to them for repair at Canon.  So far I haven't had a claim.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:06:52 AM by Roo »
5Diii, 60D, Canon 24-105L, Canon 70-200 2.8L is II, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 macro, Tamron 150-600

Greatland

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 12:22:27 AM »
It seems to me that if you got a second MK III you would just be double disappointed.  The fps difference between the MK III an the MK IV is significant.  You are better off to get a good used MK IV and then sell it when you can save for the 1DX...I own the 1DX and I use my MK IV as my back up camera.  As good as the MK IV is, it is NOT a 1DX.....but for action shooting it is far superior to the 5d MK III

drmikeinpdx

• Canon 70D
  • Celebrating 20 years of naughty photography!
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Boudoir Photo
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
One funny thing about the OverstockDigital.com pricing is the kits offered with various lenses.  At least the three are EF-S lenses for crop bodies.  LOL

http://overstockdigital.com/ovcat/product_info.php?products_id=322916

And don't be surprised if that price changes mysteriously, it took a large jump yesterday when I happened to refresh the page.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III "Kit #1" w/Canon 18-55mm and More!
Price:$2,359.00

Canon EOS 5D Mark III "Kit #4" w/Canon 18-55mm & 55-200mm and More!
Price:$2,509.00

Canon EOS 5D Mark III "Kit #5" w/NEW 18-200mm and More!
Price:$2,559.00

Current bodies:  5D3, 7D, 550D, S100
Favorite lenses: 135 f/2.0 L, 85 f/1.8 200 f/2.8 L, 50 f1.4 Sigma, 40mm pancake, 24-105 L.
blog:   http://www.BeyondBoudoirPhoto.com

Roo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 07:22:41 PM »
One funny thing about the OverstockDigital.com pricing is the kits offered with various lenses.  At least the three are EF-S lenses for crop bodies.  LOL

http://overstockdigital.com/ovcat/product_info.php?products_id=322916

And don't be surprised if that price changes mysteriously, it took a large jump yesterday when I happened to refresh the page.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III "Kit #1" w/Canon 18-55mm and More!
Price:$2,359.00

Canon EOS 5D Mark III "Kit #4" w/Canon 18-55mm & 55-200mm and More!
Price:$2,509.00

Canon EOS 5D Mark III "Kit #5" w/NEW 18-200mm and More!
Price:$2,559.00

Lol either that's gross incompetence or it's classic bait and switch...anyway you cut it, its a site to avoid.

chuckamuck

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 08:03:43 PM »
I bought mine a year ago next week (the day Hurricane Sandy hit the East coast). 

I was keeping an eye on B&H and Amazon, and they both lowered their prices at the same time and both offered several free items with the purchase.  Their prices were the same, but ultimately I went with Amazon because the free extras they were throwing in had greater value to me (a fantastic Lowe's camera bag, for instance).

Keep your eyes open.  Lots of pre-holiday specials should be popping up in the days and weeks ahead.

yorgasor

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
bigvalueinc has them on ebay right now for $2549

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Body-Digital-SLR-Camera-/300987029039?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item461439962f

I was waiting for a sale like this myself, so I just ordered mine. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 01:53:14 AM »
The Amazon price jumped back up.  It was one of those one day deals.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 01:53:14 AM »