October 02, 2014, 05:27:31 AM

Author Topic: Aberdeen  (Read 1368 times)

Alan J

• Power Shot G16
  • Always room for improvement.
    • View Profile
Aberdeen
« on: October 19, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »
Aberdeen's new council offices.
450D, 5DIII, S18-55mm, tamron 70-300mm, EF100mm 2.8, EF17-40mm 4 L, EF70-200 2.8 L IS II, EF 2x III.

canon rumors FORUM

Aberdeen
« on: October 19, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »
Looks like a different Aberdeen from the one near where I grew up :)   Nicer too.  Logging / Fishing towns can be rough places here on the West Coast.  Of course, the lumber and fishing industries are no longer what they once were, the last lumber camp at Grisdale has long closed down, and loggers live with their families.  Well, there might just be a few weekend brawls in the local taverns, but not of the old time quality.

Alan J

• Power Shot G16
  • Always room for improvement.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 09:46:06 PM »
Looks like a different Aberdeen from the one near where I grew up :)   Nicer too.  Logging / Fishing towns can be rough places here on the West Coast.  Of course, the lumber and fishing industries are no longer what they once were, the last lumber camp at Grisdale has long closed down, and loggers live with their families.  Well, there might just be a few weekend brawls in the local taverns, but not of the old time quality.

This is Aberdeen, Scotland. My home town. I presume your Aberdeen is this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen,_Washington.

Iv'e driven thro' on my travels around the pacific northwest. Been to Spokane too, Boise, Lewiston, Asotin, Clarckston, all round the tri state area. Up north to Cape Flattery and as far south as Monterey CA.  Beautiful country.
450D, 5DIII, S18-55mm, tamron 70-300mm, EF100mm 2.8, EF17-40mm 4 L, EF70-200 2.8 L IS II, EF 2x III.

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
Very nice photo, love the vignetting effect. 

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »

This is Aberdeen, Scotland. My home town. I presume your Aberdeen is this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen,_Washington.

Iv'e driven thro' on my travels around the pacific northwest. Been to Spokane too, Boise, Lewiston, Asotin, Clarckston, all round the tri state area. Up north to Cape Flattery and as far south as Monterey CA.  Beautiful country.

I've only managed a few of Scotland's better cities like Peebles, where I took a bus each morning to the hamlet of Edinburg (or was it the other way around :) ).  In any event, It was beautiful and the people were all friendly.  I'd go back and stay a lot longer if I could.  My distant relatives are English and Scottish (Walker and Farris), but that's 13 generations back.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »