November 23, 2014, 04:52:54 AM

Author Topic: Yongnuo's 600-exrt compatinle transmitter!  (Read 34243 times)

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
Re: Yongnuo's 600-exrt compatinle transmitter!
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2013, 03:21:22 AM »
comes to about $160 for supposedly 3-5day shipping to USA.

Excellent you chose the fast shipping method, in this case please give up a quick review as soon as it's there and we "free shipping" types can still hope to use the coupon code :-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2013, 03:21:22 AM »

pedant

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2013, 05:40:14 AM »

Excellent you chose the fast shipping method, in this case please give up a quick review as soon as it's there and we "free shipping" types can still hope to use the coupon code :-)

Will do.

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2013, 12:09:22 PM »
Yes they do. Once you come up with some ideas for its use it really does work well. I have had other remotes inside buildings and fired them from outside with a hand aimed 600 and the tripod mounted camera in the street. The RT system really is a great system.

P.S. There is a caveat, if you have AF on and the camera can't aquire focus it won't take an image, but that is consistent with other remotes too.

Hmm...Like Neuro, I was thinking "trigger only" too...

Can you give more details on what you're doing? That sounds interesting!!!

C

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
Not that interesting really, just real estate. But like many of these features that don't initially seem much practical use, when you start thinking, or seeing what others are doing with them, some can really make nice differences. I recently got a WFT to take over from the EyeFi card I got so frustrated with, boy what a difference, never saw the value of a $500 option like that before but I wouldn't be without one now, though I was lucky and got a secondhand one for $160.

Anyway, nothing I do with the REL button on a 600EX couldn't be done with a $25 Yongnuo RF-602 (which is what I used to use) in addition to any remote flash setup, but the point of the RT system is that it is built in and just works. Cuts down on lots of remotes and batteries too!

My normal setup is this, it is next to impossible to light an entire above average sized property really well with less than fifteen or so small lights. So what I do is take fifteen or so shots and move one light and then blend the results. I have my camera set up on a tripod with the ST-E3-RT and SR-N3 connected, I then walk around with a 600 and point it at the building. When I want more lights than are available inside to shine through windows etc I will set up another 600 or two to do that at the same time, it just saves some time.

Neuro's idea of using it with a key light during portraits is also very good, and I will do that, if you frame loose and can activate the camera from a distance talking to or interacting with the subject I'd expect some interesting results, people are certainly much less stuff when you are not looking through the camera.

Never look down on anybody, unless you are helping them up.

Jim O

• EOS M2
  • Driving the short bus
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »
It's finally out (!!!)

One seller has it on amazon for 156usd, free shipping.
Various sellers on ebay also have it for as little as 139, free shipping.
Curiously, YongNuo's official ebay store (stores.ebay.com/hkyongnuophotoequipment) does not sell it yet.
Unfortunately, all of them have ass-slow shipping from China.  Delivery estimates to USA I'm seeing are consistently ~2-4 weeks (late Dec - Early Jan ETA).

buying now..

I already ordered mine, $137.23 with free delivery from here http://yn.eachshot.com/product/yongnuo-speedlite-wireless-transmitter-yn-e3-rt-for-canon-cameras-as-st-e3-rt/ using this discount code "YNE3RT" taken from Yongnuo's Facebook page, here https://www.facebook.com/YongnuoStore

I am interested in the pre 2012 body Gr mode, if it works, and Yongnuo told me it did, I will be very happy.

nice, man.
they offer express shipping, too.

Cool. Express Mail International is that fast. I have received items from China in three days via that method.

I ordered mine from an eBay seller for $145.99. It's already en route but coming by slow boat.

The $145.99 price was offset by "triple eBay bucks" that day amounting to $8.76 so a net cost of $137.23 shipped, assuming I use my eBay bucks.
When people see you arguing with an idiot on the internet, all they see is two idiots arguing.

danski0224

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • Some of my Work in Progress
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »
Any reviews out yet?

Would be nice to know how well the focus assist lamp does/doesn't work.
Some of my Work in Progress..... www.dftimages.com

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »
Any reviews out yet?

Haven't seen a review yet just a comment, I forget where now, the poster was not impressed by the AF assist lamp.

Here it is http://flashhavoc.com/yongnuo-yn-e3-rt-available-this-week/ Rod down near the bottom says "Pretty happy with the unit now, though focus assist beam seems only okay, not great."

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »

pedant

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2013, 04:21:28 PM »
Any reviews out yet?

Haven't seen a review yet just a comment, I forget where now, the poster was not impressed by the AF assist lamp.

Here it is http://flashhavoc.com/yongnuo-yn-e3-rt-available-this-week/ Rod down near the bottom says "Pretty happy with the unit now, though focus assist beam seems only okay, not great."

Yeah, if you look at the images even, e.g.

http://flashhavoc.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/YN_E3_RT_j360.jpg
it LOOKS pretty primitive -- most likely just a simple, single LED.  A far cry from the AF grid that the 600EX-RT skeets out.

If you guys are interested, maybe I'll do a teardown of the unit when it arrives.
I got the fanciest shipping they offered (DHL supposedly 3-5 days) because I'm about to go on a trip, and I'm not really impressed with DHL's tracking updates.  It's still stuck on "Saturday, December 14, 2013 Shipment information received -- SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC".  I barely ever have stuff shipped DHL though, so I don't know if their tracking always sucks or if that is indicative of a shipping problem.

I'm curious to see which RF transceiver chip they selected.  I also wish i had access to a real ST-E3-RT available to compare the PCB with.  I bet they almost completely ripped it off, lol.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2013, 04:47:20 PM »
it LOOKS pretty primitive -- most likely just a simple, single LED.  A far cry from the AF grid that the 600EX-RT skeets out.

This probable is bad news for 5d3 users as that's what the 600rt's af assist beam is designed for - for the rest of us budget shooters like with "center point only" 6d I hope the simple design is good enough and certainly better than Canon's nil solution.

brad-man

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2013, 09:19:38 PM »

This probable is bad news for 5d3 users as that's what the 600rt's af assist beam is designed for - for the rest of us budget shooters like with "center point only" 6d I hope the simple design is good enough and certainly better than Canon's nil solution.

My finger is twitching on the click button for this. I don't get a grid pattern on my 600, I get four fat vertical lines. My YN622s project a neat little grid and work fine for how I use them, so I would imagine the new transmitter would be at least as good. I'm not usually an early adopter, but this one is getting to me.

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »

My finger is twitching on the click button for this. I don't get a grid pattern on my 600, I get four fat vertical lines. My YN622s project a neat little grid and work fine for how I use them, so I would imagine the new transmitter would be at least as good. I'm not usually an early adopter, but this one is getting to me.

The 600's beam patter changes depending on which AF point you have selected. Center point small pattern, auto goes to widest pattern and at least one more in between.

brad-man

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »

The 600's beam patter changes depending on which AF point you have selected. Center point small pattern, auto goes to widest pattern and at least one more in between.

How about that, so it does. I use it on a 6D so of course I'm always using the center point :)

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
First feedback seems good.

http://digifotografi.com/archives/397

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »

pedant

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2013, 11:44:08 PM »
First feedback seems good.

http://digifotografi.com/archives/397

yeah, check out the AF assist pattern

i guess it is not just a simple LED

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2013, 12:28:22 AM »
yeah, check out the AF assist pattern

Unsurprisingly the AF Assist pattern looks just like the one from the Yongnuo YN-622C.

-pw

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2013, 12:28:22 AM »