August 27, 2014, 11:01:10 AM

Author Topic: Yongnuo's 600-exrt compatinle transmitter!  (Read 31275 times)

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Yongnuo's 600-exrt compatinle transmitter!
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2013, 01:53:27 PM »
So..what's the word?

This works well with the 600RT's as advertised?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

K

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
So..what's the word?

Inquiring minds may follow the link kindly provided in post #102 just 1 page back ... :-)
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=17652.msg348847#msg348847

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
I can't wait to see what tue flash costs, if reasonable, I'm dumping ky 430 exii and my 580exii and my pocket wizards for these ban boys

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »
So..what's the word?

Inquiring minds may follow the link kindly provided in post #102 just 1 page back ... :-)
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=17652.msg348847#msg348847

I meant by one of the posters here on Canon Rumors who had bought these units.
:)

pedant

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »
Got mine in the mail today.  I played with it for a few minutes.  Successfully linked to my 600EX-RT and fired the flash.  The device seems well made.

I didn't want to do any serious testing with it before upgrading the firmware since the initial release is supposed to have a couple of issues.

Grabbed the firmware update from http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-detail.php?ID=337
http://yongnuo.com.cn/usermanual/pdf/YN_Trigger_Updater.zip

Note that while the product does include some cables, it does NOT include a mini usb cable needed to connect it to your PC for firmware update.

Tried to update the firmware to v1.05, but the updater program (which is for Windows only) gave me error code 130.  It detected the device, but when I hit "Update", it threw that error code.  It didn't mess up the device or anything, it just refused to update.  Used Win7 x64 running in VirtualBox on OS X. Emailed yongnuo tech support, waiting to see what they say.

I was running windows in a virtual machine though, so maybe that is the issue.  I'll go to a friend's house tonight and try it on a real windows box.

-----

Despite this, I say go buy one.  I have confidence that I'll figure out the firmware update soon, and it seems very well made.  One of the best knock-off products I've ever had the pleasure of using.  I almost feel guilty using it.  Sorry, Canon ;p
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:30:16 PM by pedant »

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2013, 05:28:22 PM »
Got mine in the mail today.  I played with it for a few minutes.  Successfully linked to my 600EX-RT and fired the flash.  The device seems well made.

I didn't want to do any serious testing with it before upgrading the firmware since the initial release is supposed to have lots of issues.

Grabbed the firmware update from http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-detail.php?ID=337
http://yongnuo.com.cn/usermanual/pdf/YN_Trigger_Updater.zip

Note that while the product does include some cables, it does NOT include a mini usb cable needed to connect it to your PC for firmware update.

Tried to update the firmware to v1.05, but the updater program (which is for Windows only) gave me error code 130.  It didn't mess up the device or anything, it just refused to update.  Used Win7 x64 running in VirtualBox on OS X. Emailed yongnuo tech support, waiting to see what they say.

I was running windows in a virtual machine though, so maybe that is the issue.  I'll go to a friend's house tonight and try it on a real windows box.

-----

Despite this, I say go buy one.  I have confidence that I'll figure out the firmware update soon, and it seems very well made.  One of the best knock-off products I've ever had the pleasure of using.  I almost feel guilty using it.  Sorry, Canon ;p

probably the issue

pedant

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »
OK, I managed to mug a homeless man sleeping in a dumpster and removed from his person a scratched up Windows XP installation disk.  Knowing that I must have been close, I searched his adjacent shopping cart and found an ancient piece of crap Windows XP thinkpad hidden under some flea-infested blankets and a tattered copy of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand that he seems to have used as toilet paper.  I then tried to leave him a license for six months of Adobe Creative Cloud in recompense, but he looked more insulted than he did after I mugged him.

Updater ran just fine on it.

Is there anything in particular that anyone would like me to try out with it?  I have a 5D3 and a 600EX-RT.

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2013, 06:28:28 PM »
What was all included cable wise, another accessories?

pedant

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2013, 06:50:10 PM »

Included:
--Box (torn up courtesy of US Customs)
--YN-E3-RT
--User Manual (English / Chinese)
--A pouch of reasonable quality -- Seems to be woven nylon, neoprene lining, a touch of pleather trim, velcro
--C1 shutter release cable
--C3 shutter release cable

The shutter release cables connect to the device's multiplexed miniusb port.
The hotshoe adapter is made of mostly metal, and it has a rubber weatherproofing gasket around it.  It looks pretty similar to the 600EX-RT, although there is a bit more play overall in the mechanism.

NOT included:
--MiniUSB cable needed to upgrade firmware
--A stand (pictured in many of the product images released by yongnuo)

Also, I realize this is a photo forum, but excuse the crap webcam photos.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:59:14 PM by pedant »

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2013, 07:20:36 PM »

Included:
--Box (torn up courtesy of US Customs)
--YN-E3-RT
--User Manual (English / Chinese)
--A pouch of reasonable quality -- Seems to be woven nylon, neoprene lining, a touch of pleather trim, velcro
--C1 shutter release cable
--C3 shutter release cable

The shutter release cables connect to the device's multiplexed miniusb port.
The hotshoe adapter is made of mostly metal, and it has a rubber weatherproofing gasket around it.  It looks pretty similar to the 600EX-RT, although there is a bit more play overall in the mechanism.

NOT included:
--MiniUSB cable needed to upgrade firmware
--A stand (pictured in many of the product images released by yongnuo)

Also, I realize this is a photo forum, but excuse the crap webcam photos.

thanks mate.

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »
Why would you need, want, or miss not having a stand? It is a device that has zero functionality if not mounted on a hot shoe. The ST-E3-RT doesn't come with a stand either. Great news on the cables though, as they are listed as available separately on many listings and the $50 Canon SR-N3 is not compatible.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

pedant

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »
Why would you need, want, or miss not having a stand? It is a device that has zero functionality if not mounted on a hot shoe. The ST-E3-RT doesn't come with a stand either. Great news on the cables though, as they are listed as available separately on many listings and the $50 Canon SR-N3 is not compatible.

Not sure.  Why would you not want a stand? Couldn't hurt to have an extra for one of your speedlites.
Also, it can control speedlites just fine without a camera, so I wouldn't say it has zero functionality if not mounted on a hot shoe.

I mentioned it because, as I said, the device is shown with a stand in like all of YongNuo's product shots.

Stands to reason that some folks might expect a stand to come with it.  Idk.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:04:05 PM by pedant »

PhotoCat

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2013, 09:57:03 PM »
OK, I managed to mug a homeless man sleeping in a dumpster and removed from his person a scratched up Windows XP installation disk.  Knowing that I must have been close, I searched his adjacent shopping cart and found an ancient piece of crap Windows XP thinkpad hidden under some flea-infested blankets and a tattered copy of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand that he seems to have used as toilet paper.  I then tried to leave him a license for six months of Adobe Creative Cloud in recompense, but he looked more insulted than he did after I mugged him.

Updater ran just fine on it.

Is there anything in particular that anyone would like me to try out with it?  I have a 5D3 and a 600EX-RT.

Well done pedant!

Please try Radio High Speed Syn at 1/8000S and see if this combo can overpower the sun LOL! Pls try it at full power and also in eTTL.  Thanks!

Taemobig

• Rebel T5i
  • www.junmapue.com
    • View Profile
    • Jun Mapue Photography
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2013, 12:22:59 AM »
Just ordered one from eBay...I got two 600ex-rts waiting for it  :)
5D Mk. III |5D Mk. II | 24-70 2.8L | 70-200 MkII 2.8L IS | 17-40 4.0L | 85 1.8 | 50 1.4|  40 2.8 pancake | 600EX-RT x2

cap7ainclu7ch

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2013, 03:05:54 AM »
Pretty sure it will but want to make sure, will this enable my 7D to use HSS through the RT system with my 600's?  Thanks.