July 31, 2014, 06:38:32 AM

Author Topic: Yongnuo's 600-exrt compatinle transmitter!  (Read 30140 times)

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Yongnuo's 600-exrt compatinle transmitter!
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2014, 12:34:21 PM »
Canon ST-E3 and Yongnuo side by side: http://www.svenbluege.de/blog/reviews/182-yongnuo-yn-e3-rt-vs-canon-st-e3-rt
not sure, whether I have already posted the link here - if so, sorry.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2014, 12:34:21 PM »

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »
YN-E3-RT firmware v1.08 is available now:

Version 1.08:
Fixed: correct ettl2/gr exposure for 1D-X.
Fixed: improved light metering for cameras after 2012.

Download links for Driver and Updater Software at the bottom of the page here -
http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-detail.php?ID=337

See more at: http://flashhavoc.com/yongnuo-yn-e3-rt-available-this-week/#sthash.qkAxqYAi.dpuf

Cool, mine came with 1.07 loaded form the factory....
I wish there was better remote trigger / linked shooting.

I wish I would like to be able to have linked trigger/shooting and also Fiore the remote flashes at the same time.

Anyone have there support e-mail so I can send them a suggestion of that.

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »

I wish I would like to be able to have linked trigger/shooting and also Fiore the remote flashes at the same time.

It is interesting, my ST-E3-RT does fire the remote flashes when you use remote triggering. My YN-E3-RT does not.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2014, 01:22:43 PM »

It is interesting, my ST-E3-RT does fire the remote flashes when you use remote triggering. My YN-E3-RT does not.

Doesn't the Canon version have to be fired from a 600 flash though and not the main camera?
Maybe I'm setting things up wrong.

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »
Canon ST-E3 and Yongnuo side by side: http://www.svenbluege.de/blog/reviews/182-yongnuo-yn-e3-rt-vs-canon-st-e3-rt
not sure, whether I have already posted the link here - if so, sorry.

There is a fundamental error in his write up, sync speed with both the ST-E3-RT and the YN-E3-RT is EXACTLY the same. You can use sync speeds above 1/125 with the ST-E3-RT, you just get a little warning symbol (though with the YN you don't get the warning signal). In my tests the shutter shadow is exactly the same for both triggers.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »

Doesn't the Canon version have to be fired from a 600 flash though and not the main camera?

Ok there are two similar but different functions, one is Remote Shooting, the other Linked Shooting.

Remote Shooting is where you trigger the camera via a camera mounted ST, YN, or 600 from a remote 600, this works the same with both the ST and YN, APART from the YN will not fire any of the flashes, including the flash you trigger with. The Canon ST or 600 will fire all the flashes. Neither the ST nor the YN can be the handheld triggering device. With my firmware version.

Linked Shooting is where you have two, or more, cameras, each can have an ST, YN, or 600  mounted and when you press the shutter on one camera the other cameras will also fire. I haven't tested Linked Shooting with the YN.

Edit: I have now tested Linked shooting with the YN and it works exactly the same as the ST or a 600. I have not tested Linked Shooting with the flashes set to fire as the shutters are not perfectly syncronised so I see little point to the "feature".
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:23:06 PM by privatebydesign »

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »

Ok there are two similar but different functions, one is Remote Shooting, the other Linked Shooting.

Remote Shooting is where you trigger the camera via a camera mounted ST, YN, or 600 from a remote 600, this works the same with both the ST and YN, APART from the YN will not fire any of the flashes, including the flash you trigger with. The Canon ST or 600 will fire all the flashes. Neither the ST nor the YN can be the handheld triggering device. With my firmware version.

Linked Shooting is where you have two, or more, cameras, each can have an ST, YN, or 600  mounted and when you press the shutter on one camera the other cameras will also fire. I haven't tested Linked Shooting with the YN.

Edit: I have now tested Linked shooting with the YN and it works exactly the same as the ST or a 600. I have not tested Linked Shooting with the flashes set to fire as the shutters are not perfectly syncronised so I see little point to the "feature".

aww ok, I'll have a second look at it, my idea was to have main camera with remote flash, tue secondary camera would fire to have other angle or to have that behind the scenes shot which would not have the correct lighting.  I guess my other though then would be to fire everything from a third trigger.....hummm just thinking out loud.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »
aww ok, I'll have a second look at it, my idea was to have main camera with remote flash, tue secondary camera would fire to have other angle or to have that behind the scenes shot which would not have the correct lighting.  I guess my other though then would be to fire everything from a third trigger.....hummm just thinking out loud.

You can do that. But only with one on camera flash, not remote flashes and groups.

Set your main camera with on camera flash to Linked Shooting Master. You have to set P.Fn-07 to 1. Set your second camera with the YN-E3-RT on Linked Shooting to Slave. You are good. When you press your main camera shutter the flash will fire and the remote camera will be triggered. The flash will not fire in sequence with the remote cameras shutter, only the main cameras shutter, they are not perfectly syncronised.

To get into Linked Shooting press and hold the lightening bolt button.

When you setup the cameras like that you get the flash menu and the REL button, with that you can trigger the remote by itself by just pressing the REL button on the main cameras 600. Of course f you press the shutter button both cameras are triggered.

To get it to work with remote flashes and groups you'd need a separate trigger for the remote camera, a $20 set of Yongnuo RF-603's would work fine.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:11:30 PM by privatebydesign »

Sanaraken

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2014, 10:42:03 PM »
Will try to order this instead of the ST-E3.
5DIII | 24-70L f2.8 II | 70-200L f2.8 IS II | 40 f2.8 | 100L f2.8 | 600EX-RT

alexanderferdinand

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2014, 09:27:31 AM »
Just ordered one.
I want to have the group - function on my beloved 1D4.
The AF- lines I saw on a webpage, looks strange, very different from the 550, 580 or 600.
I am very curious!

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2014, 09:47:57 AM »
Just ordered one.
I want to have the group - function on my beloved 1D4.
The AF- lines I saw on a webpage, looks strange, very different from the 550, 580 or 600.
I am very curious!

Is this where you and others have ordered from?

http://yn.eachshot.com/product/yongnuo-speedlite-wireless-transmitter-yn-e3-rt-for-canon-cameras-as-st-e3-rt/

Thanks,

cayenne

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
I ordered from www but the same place took about a week via registered mail/package etc. Great to deal with.

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2014, 11:37:29 AM »
I ordered from www but the same place took about a week via registered mail/package etc. Great to deal with.

What is "www"?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2014, 11:37:29 AM »

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »
Www.eachshot.com instead of yn.eachshot.com, its the same place though dont you don't have a coupon let me know I can try and get one.

alexanderferdinand

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2014, 02:42:36 AM »
@ cayenne: sorry for the late answer.
No, I looked for it on a ebay, germany.

http://stores.ebay.de/hkyongnuophotoequipment/ST-E2-/_i.html?_fsub=3203872016

Anyway- its coming from Hongkong.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2014, 02:42:36 AM »