August 28, 2014, 09:43:50 AM

Author Topic: October 26 Event?  (Read 14575 times)

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
Re: October 26 Event?
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2011, 09:29:56 AM »
What's the betting its some crappy J1 - V1 competitor / lookie likie that costs a fortune and no one really wants!

Nikon's mirrorless system turned out to be surprisingly wimpy... I hope that when canon goes mirrorless they do it more from a Sony or Leica approach rather than a Nikon approach.  Nikon claims its smaller than the m4/3s cameras but from what I can tell, its not nearly small enough to justify the tiny sensor.  And the huge price tag.  At the end of the day, I'd much rather spend money on capabilities rather than just something pretty but underperforming.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2011, 09:29:56 AM »

april

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
It's a printer, the EOS logo is to tie it in with the direct print function to sell cameras. Nothing more.

Exactly.  people are getting worked up for nothing.  It's amazing that Canon still thinks the "direct print" feature is something that anybody cares about and uses though.

agree............... and maybe in addition to direct prin canon will add another feature that the printer will detect what camera and lens combination that you used...hahahaha..

Given how many people still get their prints done at the drugstore, I'm not surprised Canon still thinks Direct Print is a good idea.

Also, if someone needs prints fast for a client, they don't have to be pretty but need in hand -

I think Canon understands that not everyone is a photographer or enthusiast but still needs cameras and prints in their business. That's part of their target group.

i wonder how many of us prints photos at home, i have a 4-in-1 HP printer at home but never used it no pictures whenever i need a photo print i always run to a good print shop. as far as i know inks are very expensive here in my place it's 60% the price of a new printer and it wont even last long as the one that came with the printer so most of the time its more economical to buy a new printer (a cheapy one as there are lots of other brands) with that in mind i wonder if canon is selling of lot of those stuff why not just concentrate on DSLRs and give the people what they want.............

Justin

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »
What's the betting its some crappy J1 - V1 competitor / lookie likie that costs a fortune and no one really wants!

Nikon's mirrorless system turned out to be surprisingly wimpy... I hope that when canon goes mirrorless they do it more from a Sony or Leica approach rather than a Nikon approach.  Nikon claims its smaller than the m4/3s cameras but from what I can tell, its not nearly small enough to justify the tiny sensor.  And the huge price tag.  At the end of the day, I'd much rather spend money on capabilities rather than just something pretty but underperforming.

Agreed. I hope they do it from a Leica approach. Small body, think GF1 or x100 size. Full frame sensor. No mirror. New batch of lenses. Big pixel electronic view finder. Dual digic 5 speed.

akiskev

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My flickr gallery
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2011, 11:59:53 AM »

Agreed. I hope they do it from a Leica approach. Small body, think GF1 or x100 size. Full frame sensor. No mirror. New batch of lenses. Big pixel electronic view finder. Dual digic 5 speed.

Totally agree with bold letters. I can't get the purpose of big m4/3 cameras too (E-5,E-3).
I hope Canon follows Sony's approach on small mirrorless cameras. These NEXes are so sexy!
Flickr | Canon EOS 3 | Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
EF 17-40mm f/4L | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS | EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS | EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L
Zeiss 35mm f/2.4 | Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 | Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 | Zeiss 200mm f/2.8 | Zeiss 80-200 f/4

plam_1980

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 08:13:59 AM »
The expected Pixma announcements fit in around that date, however there is an EOS logo showing on the bottom of the invite as well. October 26 is a Wednesday. I had heard previously about a “third week of October announcement” for Pixma and from a couple of people EOS. However as posted yesterday, I had been told by everyone and their mother that no new DSLR was coming in 2011.</p>

No new DSLR is coming in 2011 but that does not mean no new DSLR will be announced in 2011, this fits with the other rumour of a DSLR that may debute in January 2012 at CES/PMA. Besides, Nikon is expected to announce the D800 on 26th of August, and Canon to be left only with a printer announcement?

What do you guys think?

Tarrum

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 08:41:24 AM »
I believe you meant October 26th :)

The printer announcement will surely be boring, but November 3d may still bring us a 5D Mark III, though probably not.

Nikon is also expected to announce another model similar to D800, so if it has less megapixels and more speed, I think we just may be getting a 3d/6D/5Ds.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 08:41:24 AM »