Gear Talk > Canon General

November 3 Announcement Info [CR1]

(1/2) > >>

Canon Rumors:
Another rumor

Received a brief bit of information in regards to the November 3, 2011 announcement in Hollywood.  It’s another person pointing to a video camera related release.

* Compact Super 35mm sensor video camera

* Records onto CompactFlash

* 3 accompanying lenses

Planet5D Today

Just a reminder that I’ll be live at Planet5D for a conversation with @PlanetMitch.
cr

LetTheRightLensIn:
May be a bad sign for those wanting a quick 5D3 release or for those hoping that Canon video division won't try to cripple on DSLR video, IMO. Depends a bit on the pricing though as per the first item (quick 5D3 release) and whether they feel it takes the pressure fully off of that or not.

With how long Canon have delayed the 1Ds4 and considering that they appear to be ready to delay the three year 5 series cycle I think they better realize they need to knock it out of the park and not make it seem like they are holding anything back otherwise forums and perhaps even sales this time are going to explode on them. 5 series needs some degree of speed and full on 1 series AF. It's about you could buy a camera with top AF from Canon without being forced into a brick.

chito:
Will they be EF lenses at least? 

sandro:

--- Quote from: LetTheRightLensIn on October 03, 2011, 01:37:52 PM ---May be a bad sign for those wanting a quick 5D3 release or for those hoping that Canon video division won't try to cripple on DSLR video, IMO. Depends a bit on the pricing though as per the first item (quick 5D3 release) and whether they feel it takes the pressure fully off of that or not.

--- End quote ---

Just like Sony did :( GH2 still remains the only real HD camera

JR:
Like Chito (posted above) I would like to know if these new lenses will be EF and even "L" labelled so we can use them on our EOS bodies.  This way at least we dont get a new body but a few lens to play with in the mean time.

I for one I am in the market for L lens but am afraid to buy now as I suspect a few new ones are coming...wishful thinking I guess...

Any thoughts Canon Rumor guy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version