July 31, 2014, 01:11:50 PM

Author Topic: Contest Announcement!  (Read 64564 times)

Orion

Re: Contest Announcement!
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »
SOmetimes if you are using PS, for example, just uncheck the profile box you happen to have listed there, and it should then look as it does on your computer. . .

it's the colour ICC profile check box you see when you go to save an image in jpg, etc, Just try unchecking it, and then try uploading again to see if it stays the sdame colour as you have it on your computer.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »

Ahmet

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 06:17:53 PM »
Wow, I just took a brief look-see at the various categories, and my eyes watered, hehe :o. Looks like Craig needs to give away more from his lens collection, haha. Maybe there should be a form of "loyalty" award and allow only forum members who registered before the contest started to participate, as I seem to see many new members just registering for this contest.  ???

. . . maybe new members of the forum, but long time followers of "Canon Rumors." Should we start judging!? ;)

Yep, like me. :) I've been visiting this site for a long time, but I use other forums. Nothing personal, I just like to meet sometimes personally the nicks. And you guys a bit far from me. :)

g2

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »
I edited my image and uploaded it to the forum from the same computer. This is the first time the colors have come out noticeably different from my original image onto a website upload. Kind of weird.

Is you pic in srgb color mode? If not do a convert to profile to srgb and then try uploading it.

CornOnTheCoby

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2011, 03:51:21 PM »
Hell hello hello.

I'll be honest, I just joined this forum for the contest. I've kept an eye on the site for a year or so now, but never the forums. However, the community does seems very nice here. I may just have to stick around.  ;D

Thanks for the opportunity with this contest.

And just to clarify, we can enter as many photos as we'd like as long as they're in separate posts?

Thanks,
Coby

justsomedude

• 7D
  • Canon 5D3 and 6D
    • View Profile
    • AK Photo - Denver Photographer
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 12:18:46 AM »
However, the community does seems very nice here. I may just have to stick around.  ;D

The community here simply rules... I've gotten a lot of help with my camera issues here in the past, and keep coming back.  Join in some threads - trust me, you'll like the people here.

:)

Cregg Annarino

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
Hey guys, for this contest do we have to upload photos right in a reply using the site? Or can we link to them from our own hosting?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Cregg

DavidD

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »
Oh shoot.
I apologize. I was so delighted by an image that I wrote
a comment before reading the rules.
Please delete my comment.
Sorry.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »

Neon Photo

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »
However, the community does seems very nice here. I may just have to stick around.  ;D

The community here simply rules... I've gotten a lot of help with my camera issues here in the past, and keep coming back.  Join in some threads - trust me, you'll like the people here.

:)

There never seems to any one around ?

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 10:40:10 AM »
It is a good thing that this competition is running until November 15.

There would be way too few participants if the competition ended today or perhaps last week.

Where is the sarcasm smiley when you need it?

tinalear

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »
Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum, but I just wanted to say this competition is fantastic.

I'm just getting back into photography after a few years, remembering things I had previously learned.   So many of the photographs on here are just breathtaking.

Looking forward to having a good read through all the forums on here  :)

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »
Sorry, just re-read the rules (note to self, read before uploading), after a three week gap. I won't have time to resize anything, oh well, it's nice to see so many good images though.
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

LeGrandLife

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
I would love to have that 70-300mm lens - especially after seeing the Kenya safari photos posted on Canon Rumors.  But after looking over some of the awesome entries, I think my chances of winning the lottery are better than my chances of winning a prize here.  However, it has been great fun.  Good luck to all who participated!

SeQuenCe

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »
Thats It I think The Contest Is Over Right?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »

dtbsz

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 04:00:59 AM »
ETA on announcing the winners? An estimate at least + where will it be posted? Forum? Main website?

Greetings

Sjekster

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 05:22:09 AM »
I would love to have that 70-300mm lens - especially after seeing the Kenya safari photos posted on Canon Rumors.  But after looking over some of the awesome entries, I think my chances of winning the lottery are better than my chances of winning a prize here.  However, it has been great fun.  Good luck to all who participated!
What he/she said. Awesome pictures everywhere. Congrats to whomever wins!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 05:22:09 AM »