September 17, 2014, 11:46:57 AM

Author Topic: Contest Announcement!  (Read 65815 times)

Brouno

Re: Contest Announcement!
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
Is there any chance to make all the pics available in a nicer way?
I mean with any photo manager engine...

Hi,
I tried to made a gallery of all photos
By the way, there is some caveats :
- There is only photos directly posted on Canon Rumors Forum (I was not able to parse & download others pics)
- I didn't dedup files (it seems that some people have posted 2 times the same photo)
- It's possible there is some miss or others mistake, because I used batch to download & process all files, and I didn't check all
- Filenames are "File attach ID" on CanonRumors forum engine
- I used simpleviewer as gallery engine, it should be OK to see the galleries on various devices

Canon Rumors guy, if there is a problem doing this, tell me and I will remove that (or remove this post ;-) )

The links are by categories :
Abstract
Action Sport
Astrophotography
Black and White
Creative Lighting
Event Photography
Flora
Landscape
Macro
People
Street
Underwater
Wildlife

Enjoy !
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:24:59 AM by Brouno »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »

An image is an image.

We'll see how much it will be photo contest or photo+ps/lr contest.
This is where things might get interesting.
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »

Thanks, Brouno. That's a real treat!!

Hi,
- There is only photos directly posted on Canon Rumors Forum (I was not able to parse & download others pics)
- I didn't dedup files (it seems that some people have posted 2 times the same photo)
- It's possible there is some miss or others mistake, because I used batch to download & process all files, and I didn't check all
- I used simpleviewer as gallery engine, it should be OK to see the galleries on various devices

Canon Rumors guy, if there is a problem doing this, tell me and I will remove that (or remove this post ;-) )

Abstract
Action Sport
Astrophotography
Black and White
Creative Lighting
Event Photography
Flora
Landscape
Macro
People
Street
Underwater
Wildlife

Enjoy !
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »

An image is an image.

Yeah, some are amazing and would have been really hard to set up with multiple flashes, long exposures, HDRs, whatever.
But there's a few than imply impossibility, ie could have only been made using photoshop/gimp/whatever.
I don't mind competing against them, my photos look good to me and that's what counts. I don't have photoshop and my gimp skill is limited to a bit of colour/curves tweaking. I'd rather use a lensbaby instead of a cheesy 'blur the edges' filter. I'd rather use a super-fast lens than cut my subject onto another layer, blur the background, and put the subject back. I'd rather use a Tilt lens than just blur the top and bottom of an image. But if my photo is competing against someone who does do one of these, I don't mind, it's just the same as a B+W competing against a bird shot, or a portrait against a landscape. There's only one lens at the end of the day, so we all have to be the best of everything to get it...

ps, I don't think CR-guy would like the multiple-image-gallery idea, it specifically detracts from ad-revenue (4 ads per 15 entries or so) which is probably paying for the prizes. But either way, it didn't load for me anyway...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

Orangutan

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »
Brouno,

I know you meant well, but it was probably not appropriate to do this for two reasons:

• CR Guy organized the contest, and this pulls "page views" away from his site.
  • The photographers own the copyrights on these photos, and have not given you permission to reproduce them.

I don't mean this as a personal criticism, I am certain that you did this as a well-intentioned service.  You might give this more thought, though.

Hi,

mjbehnke

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »

An image is an image.

Yeah, some are amazing and would have been really hard to set up with multiple flashes, long exposures, HDRs, whatever.
But there's a few than imply impossibility, ie could have only been made using photoshop/gimp/whatever.
I don't mind competing against them, my photos look good to me and that's what counts. I don't have photoshop and my gimp skill is limited to a bit of colour/curves tweaking. I'd rather use a lensbaby instead of a cheesy 'blur the edges' filter. I'd rather use a super-fast lens than cut my subject onto another layer, blur the background, and put the subject back. I'd rather use a Tilt lens than just blur the top and bottom of an image. But if my photo is competing against someone who does do one of these, I don't mind, it's just the same as a B+W competing against a bird shot, or a portrait against a landscape. There's only one lens at the end of the day, so we all have to be the best of everything to get it...

ps, I don't think CR-guy would like the multiple-image-gallery idea, it specifically detracts from ad-revenue (4 ads per 15 entries or so) which is probably paying for the prizes. But either way, it didn't load for me anyway...

I am in no way bad mouthing your comment, so please don't take it that way! I use elements to modify my photo's as I am not able to afford a tilt-shift, or an F2.8 or faster to blur backgrounds. I do try to tweak my colors a little as the lenses I do have are not very good. But I still have a passion to take photos as I just love to do it. And it's true about some of what you say, but I see it in a different way. I see it as a person with low quality lenses and trying to make them look better going against people who already have high-end gear.

OK, I'm done posting my 2 cents worth... And I do wish everybody best of luck with all the nice photo's that were posted. I looked at alot of them and they made me want to spend more time shooting like alot of you do.

Matthew
Gripped Canon 60D \ EF-S 15-85 F3.5-5.6 IS USM \ EF 70-200 F4L IS USM \ 430ex II Speedlite \ Love for photography.

DJL329

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2011, 11:24:03 PM »

Hi,

Abstract
Action Sport
Astrophotography
Black and White
Creative Lighting
Event Photography
Flora
Landscape
Macro
People
Street
Underwater
Wildlife

Enjoy !

I have to agree with Orangutan.  You have absolutely no right to be posting photos on your site without the permission of the photographers.  Therefore, I must insist that you remove my photos from your site immediately.

Thank you.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III | EF 14mm f/2.8L | EF 28mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | EF 300mm f/4L IS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2011, 11:24:03 PM »

uri.raz

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2011, 11:51:08 PM »

Hi,

Abstract
Action Sport
Astrophotography
Black and White
Creative Lighting
Event Photography
Flora
Landscape
Macro
People
Street
Underwater
Wildlife

Enjoy !

I appreciate your good intentions, and the interface is convenient, but please  remove my photos from your site - I did not give you permission to display them on your site.

Brouno

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2011, 01:29:38 AM »
Aheum, OK. I didn't think about these issues ...

Just i want to say that I didn't take any advantage doing that (no pub or either, it's a personnal website), and I doubt that this will keep ads income for canonrumors guy (did you browse all forum pages ?)

No matter, access is no more possible.

DJL329

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2011, 08:52:09 AM »
Aheum, OK. I didn't think about these issues ...

Just i want to say that I didn't take any advantage doing that (no pub or either, it's a personnal website), and I doubt that this will keep ads income for canonrumors guy (did you browse all forum pages ?)

No matter, access is no more possible.

Thank you.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III | EF 14mm f/2.8L | EF 28mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | EF 300mm f/4L IS

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2011, 11:39:48 AM »

Brouno, thanks for trying to be helpful.

I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Chrisbrn

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2011, 12:10:15 PM »

Brouno, thanks for trying to be helpful.

I enjoyed it while it lasted.

+1

SeQuenCe

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »
where can i see the final 10 in each category?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »

KevinP

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 05:45:32 PM »
where can i see the final 10 in each category?

They have not been posted yet.

Orion

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
With all the photos submitted, and the fact that we are getting a sweet prize, I think it is great if we all take the time to give some time ;)

We are greatefull for the opportunity. . . I speak for all of us here, btw.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »