July 29, 2014, 10:12:23 PM

Author Topic: EOS 7D Mark II Spec List Surfaces [CR1]  (Read 35112 times)

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: EOS 7D Mark II Spec List Surfaces [CR1]
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »
How many MP is 4k?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2013, 04:42:18 PM »
Good.  Now release a 5D4 along with it with the same everything except sensor size, pixel density and frame rate.

I'll buy both together.

That camera is called EOS 1Dx.

No, the 1DX does have fast frame rates which I'm willing to give up and it has that awful 1 series body which I will never buy or even consider.

I don't get all this hate on 1 series body style, with so many grips sold and so many using grips - I don't get it, why wouldn't you want a second set of controls for portrait orientation shooting????????
Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

Pi

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Math and Photography
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2013, 04:43:02 PM »
even with a 50inch 4k display you will hardly see a difference from normal viewing distances.
the human eye is not able to resolve that good.

This must be a joke. I use a 3.7mp 27'' inch display every day, sitting next to an 23" 2mp one. The difference is night and day.

Pi

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Math and Photography
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »
Just calculated that wow 8mp display.  Only if tv would catch up to laptop display resolutions we could then really take advantage of the high end MP camera...

there is already so many pixels combined and compressed to get it on a display now...

look at the new Microsoft surface 1920x1080 or 2mp in 10 in screen convert that to to my 55" screen I would have 10,560x 5940 or  about 62MP screen at 55", now that would be a screen instead of the minor 4k update everyone's worried about.

Lee Jay

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »
No, the 1DX does have fast frame rates which I'm willing to give up and it has that awful 1 series body which I will never buy or even consider.

I don't get all this hate on 1 series body style, with so many grips sold and so many using grips - I don't get it, why wouldn't you want a second set of controls for portrait orientation shooting????????

It's heavy, too big, doesn't fit in my waist bag, and it useless to me on 99.9% of my shots.  I have shot 150,000 shots on cameras without grips and have never even shopped around for a grip for them.  Every time I shoot on someone else's gripped camera I find it uncomfortable, and every time I've use a 1 series I've found them next to impossible to use at all.  I have little hands and can't even touch the shutter release with my hand positioned properly on the grip.

Chuck Alaimo

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Chuck Alaimo Photography
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2013, 05:04:03 PM »

It's heavy, too big, doesn't fit in my waist bag, and it useless to me on 99.9% of my shots.  I have shot 150,000 shots on cameras without grips and have never even shopped around for a grip for them.  Every time I shoot on someone else's gripped camera I find it uncomfortable, and every time I've use a 1 series I've found them next to impossible to use at all.  I have little hands and can't even touch the shutter release with my hand positioned properly on the grip.

an average sized hand should fit a 1 series body fine, or any other body with a grip.  You have smaller than average hands, so, unless you get a custom design body, then your stuck with camera bodies designed for average sized hands.

If the grip is too big, how do you even hold a non gripped 5d, or a 7d?  Sounds like you need a much smaller body in general...

either way, the point is, your also asking for 1d specs in a much smaller cheaper body, just not happening....if the grip is too big for you, then so will this new 7d....

and PS...not attacking you directly, your like the sixth person I have seen on here hating on the built in grip...
Owns 5Dmkiii, 6D, 16-35mm, 24mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85 mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, 1-600RT, 2 430 EX's, 1 video light

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2013, 05:04:03 PM »

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »

an average sized hand should fit a 1 series body fine, or any other body with a grip.  You have smaller than average hands, so, unless you get a custom design body, then your stuck with camera bodies designed for average sized hands.

If the grip is too big, how do you even hold a non gripped 5d, or a 7d?  Sounds like you need a much smaller body in general...

either way, the point is, your also asking for 1d specs in a much smaller cheaper body, just not happening....if the grip is too big for you, then so will this new 7d....

and PS...not attacking you directly, your like the sixth person I have seen on here hating on the built in grip...
I figure it's whatever works for you... I have large hands, a 1DX fits my hands beautifully, a 1DX is very nice to hold in portrait mode... I find the larger bodies easier to hold steady than smaller bodies. It also seems to be as solid as a hammer with great weather-sealing. However, a 1DX is a lot heavier to take on a hike and it needs a huge pelican case to take on canoe trips, .... Given the choice between a 1DX and a 7DII, most of the time outside I would be carrying the 7DII...  It's not a hate of the 1DX, it's just that the form factor does not meet my needs. If I were a studio photographer I would be saying the opposite.
The best camera is the one in your hands

Don Haines

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »
even with a 50inch 4k display you will hardly see a difference from normal viewing distances.
the human eye is not able to resolve that good.

This must be a joke. I use a 3.7mp 27'' inch display every day, sitting next to an 23" 2mp one. The difference is night and day.
+1 I also have a 3.7mp 27" display and a 24" 2mp display on my desktop.... and all the "real work" is done on the 27" display because the images are so much better and I have much greater detail. Across the lab there is a 4K display and the detail on it is even better.... I wish I had it on my desk.... 1920x1080 is now a low-res monitor.....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:25:59 PM by Don Haines »

Lee Jay

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2013, 05:27:01 PM »

My 5D fits my hand like it was made for me.  My 20D is just a tiny bit too small but still comfortable.  My T2i is way too small and horribly uncomfortable to use for any length of time.

I am not.  I'm not asking for the built in grip, the weather sealing, or the high frame rate of the 1Dx.  I'm asking for a 5D4 with the same basic sensor technology and features of the rumor.  The 5D3 is almost there except for the sensor.

Don Haines

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2013, 05:39:26 PM »
How many MP is 4k?

2K video is 1920x1080
4K video is 3840x2160
8K video is 7680x4320

When I first saw 4K video (about 4 years ago) the quality of it just blew me away... even though we had to display it on a 2x2 matrix of monitors... 8K video is even better, you even have sharp detail right up close to the displays... but at this point we seem to be hitting the law of diminishing returns. Personally I would say 4K video is twice as good as 2K, but there is no way I would say 8K video is twice as good as 4K.... 4K seems to be the sweet spot...

Affordable cameras with 4K video? Keep in mind that a GoPro shoots 4K video at 15fps and stores it on a micro-sd card.... I wonder what a pair of Digic5+ can do....

Don Haines

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2013, 05:51:29 PM »
  • WiFi & GPS
Plausible but Canon can't compromise on the full mag alloy body so they'll have to find a new signal solution - maybe pass an antenna through a small (sealed) hole in the body and embed it in the plastic flash housing (assuming the 7D2 gets a built-in flash).

It's easy to get the antenna out of a "full mag alloy" body... look at a picture of one, they are so full of holes and openings that it puts a swiss cheese to shame... it's all the stuff outside the metal body that provides the weather sealing...

Plastics and composites are not always a bad thing. You can have plastics that outperform metals for many uses, particularly when it comes to temperature stability. That's what we use in a lot of the portable satcom dishes and there are a lot of carbon-fibre dishes up in orbit....

as to built in flash.... I hope not... they are so weak as to be useless and if you use a large lens you get shadows...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:55:07 PM by Don Haines »

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2013, 06:04:17 PM »
..."that awful 1-series body"...are you serious? You're sounding a little like someone who has never worked with a 1-Series EOS body.

If you work with cameras on a daily basis, settling for anything less than a 1-Series body can feel like a compromise, especially in a dynamic shooting situation. Mind you, I'm not saying that non-1-Series bodies are flawed, it's just that the 1-Series is so far out in front it's not funny. You definitely get what you pay for.

edit: FWIW a gripped 5D3 is taller, thicker and slightly heavier than my 1D4

-pw
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:16:45 PM by pwp »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2013, 06:04:17 PM »

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »
Good grief.  EVFs are years, if not decades away from being usable in high-speed and/or low-light situations, plus we need a good factor of 4 increase in battery performance before we go that way.
A  bit of an overreaction? He didn't suggest building a space elevator.
I'd welcome classy EVF. We're probably not there yet, but it's getting better with just about every new release. Look at the latest Olympus OM-D. Sooner than you might imagine, we'll look back at the dark old days where we had to struggle along with those crumby old optical viewfinders. I can't wait.

-pw

Lee Jay

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
..."that awful 1-series body"...are you serious? You're sounding a little like someone who has never worked with a 1-Series EOS body.

If you work with cameras on a daily basis, settling for anything less than a 1-Series body can feel like a compromise, especially in a dynamic shooting situation. Mind you, I'm not saying that non-1-Series bodies are flawed, it's just that the 1-Series is so far out in front it's not funny. You definitely get what you pay for.

-pw

Shooting with a 1Diii for 30 seconds made me want to drop the thing into a mine shaft.  I feel the same about my T2i after 5 minutes but have no trouble with my 5D or 20D after 12 hours.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »