Kids also swallow memory cards, coins, pins, clips, magnets in mobile phone covers/purses/wallets/camera bags/laptop bags etc and get serious problems, yet knowledgable photogrpahers, who work with the public, still carry/use them ... I do not think the two little magnets in the magmod will cause any serious problems to the public.
The problem with kids swallowing super strong magnets is real. But it was mostly the Bucky Balls that caused most of the trouble. Read this... http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/02/tech/web/apparently-this-matters-buckyballs/
The problem with kids swallowing almost anything is real too. Batteries, in particular
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom