August 01, 2014, 11:40:40 PM

Author Topic: to all the Megapixel and DR whiners....  (Read 4559 times)

Lichtgestalt

Re: to all the Megapixel and DR whiners....
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
the "community" in internet forums is not very happy with the 6D AF.
so why did canon not make them happy?
after all.... canon should have seen that coming after they read/heard complains about the 5D MK2 AF. not?

Canon will make them happy, eventually. Guess what the 6D2 will improve on! will it be incremental, 11 cross points or get the 7D AF treatment who knows.

yeah and some people will think "look that´s what i have achieved with my constant whining on internet forums".

like in the dark ages, they still don´t realize the universe is not rotating around them.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »

chilledXpress

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Just found this product, it may help...

Crepto Dismal by David.K.M, on Flickr

AmbientLight

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
the "community" in internet forums is not very happy with the 6D AF.
so why did canon not make them happy?
after all.... canon should have seen that coming after they read/heard complains about the 5D MK2 AF. not?

Canon will make them happy, eventually. Guess what the 6D2 will improve on! will it be incremental, 11 cross points or get the 7D AF treatment who knows.

yeah and some people will think "look that´s what i have achieved with my constant whining on internet forums".

like in the dark ages, they still don´t realize the universe is not rotating around them.

I don't know why no one else has brought this one up, but here it is:
Canon actually sends questionnaires to get feedback regarding their camera products, at least for the 1D series.

We therefore cannot assume that Canon does not care regarding consumer feedback. Therefore whining on a forum or elsewhere may indeed be productive. I wouldn't want to underestimate the impact of what is essentially a user forum. Indeed there is only one such forum anyway. There are not dozens of competing forums, which is what has led all of us here.

scottkinfw

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • kasden.smug.com
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 01:13:38 PM »
I must be collateral damage!

I'm going to slam my head against the wall until my 5D3 produces 100MP with huge DR.  I'm going nuts with whining already!!!!!!!

Make it stop.

sek

I mus
you sound like you think the whiners are the reason why canon is doing R&D.

The whiners are the target of some of Canon's R&D.  Apparently you're unaware of Canon's clandestine research program.  I think most people are unaware of it, and the few that run across it assume it's to support the US Military, based on the project's code name.  While it makes sense that people would just assume it's a typo, it's named as Canon intends it: Project DRone Strike.

;)
sek Cameras: 5D III, 5D II, EOS M  Lenses:  24-70 2.8 II IS, 24-105 f4L, 70-200 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, EF 300 f4L IS, EF 400 5.6L, 300 2.8 IS II, Samyang 14 mm 2.8 Flashes: 580 EX II600EX-RT X 2, ST-E3-RT
Plus lots of stuff that just didn't work for me

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »

All here know that the twin centers of the universe are the headquarters of Sony and Nikon, one the pinnacle of highlight, the other the nadir of shadow, between them defining the greatest and most puissant Dynamic Range ever imaginable. 

Take your Copernican heresy elsewhere.    :P
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

AmbientLight

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 01:41:02 PM »

All here know that the twin centers of the universe are the headquarters of Sony and Nikon, one the pinnacle of highlight, the other the nadir of shadow, between them defining the greatest and most puissant Dynamic Range ever imaginable. 

Errm, I believe Lichtgestalt referred to posters believing that the universe rotates around them. Nevertheless  ;D ;D ;D

mountain_drew

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 03:20:31 PM »
Oh no, people discuss possible improvements in a forum focusing on camera bodies on a website discussing rumors about the latest innovations. How dare they?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 03:20:31 PM »

Pi

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Math and Photography
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 03:31:20 PM »
Oh no, people discuss possible improvements in a forum focusing on camera bodies on a website discussing rumors about the latest innovations. How dare they?

Those are no people, those are DRones.  :)

sdsr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »
i wonder why don´t you just go to CHANGE.ORG and create a petition to canon?

instead you waste days of your lifetime whining and complaining on a forum no canon official (who has something to say) visits.

nobody from you has enough energy to do somenthing that at least has a small chance to be usefull?

:P  ;)

I don't think you quite understand whining.  Doing something that might (however unlikely) actually bring about change - petitions to Canon, switching brands, petitioning others to switch brands en masse, etc. - is not a substitute....

Lichtgestalt

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »

Errm, I believe Lichtgestalt referred to posters believing that the universe rotates around them. Nevertheless  ;D ;D ;D

nero did understand the hidden meaning.

We therefore cannot assume that Canon does not care regarding consumer feedback.

they care.
the question is do they care about what happens in this forum. a forum with a few hundred active people?  for all we know they don´t. otherwise the 6D would have a better AF and the 5D MK3 more MP and DR.
we would have the EF 100-400 II and a EF 14-24mm by now.... and the 24-70mm f2.8 II would only cost 1300 euro.... and skintones would look much better.  ;D

Doing something that might (however unlikely) actually bring about change - petitions to Canon, switching brands, petitioning others to switch brands en masse, etc. is not a substitute....

im sure they can find other things to whine about.
how crappy their pictures or skills are, for example.

but where is the petition?
i asked the whiners to make one... it only needs ONE person... that´s what this thread is about.
doing something constructive instead of whining.
but all i read from the whiners is more of the same old stuff.
nobody gets his ass in motion.  ;D

i don´t care i have my phase one... so don´t ask me. :P

so where is the lone dynamic ranger that saves us?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:02:31 PM by Lichtgestalt »

sandymandy

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »

stereotype whiner?!

Lichtgestalt

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 05:15:57 PM »

stereotype whiner?!

all memory cards full with f1.2 portraits, incredible wildlife shots and 10 minute lee bigstopper seaside motives..... i guess. 

;D

Eldar

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 05:20:04 PM »

stereotype whiner?!

all memory cards full with f1.2 portraits, incredible wildlife shots and 10 minute lee bigstopper seaside motives..... i guess. 

;D

Only way to get it to the website fast enough ...
2x5DIII, 1DX, 8-15/4L, 24-70/2.8L II, 70-200/2.8L II, 70-300/4-5.6L, 200-400/4L 1.4x, Zeiss 15/2.8, 17/4L TS-E, Zeiss 21/2.8, 24/3.5L TS-E II, Sigma 35/1.4 Art, Sigma 50/1.4 Art, Zeiss Otus 55/1.4, 85/1.2L II, Zeiss 135/2, 600/4L II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 05:20:04 PM »

Lichtgestalt

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 05:28:58 PM »

stereotype whiner?!

;D

Only way to get it to the website fast enough ...

nah.. she is doing a selfie with burger king behind her....

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
As someone who has spent far too many years on this forum I know that the complainers will never be satisfied.

I remember the 40D owners who were waiting with breathless anticipation for the next generation of their camera (most had skipped over the 50D as a interim model -- sort of a 40.2D actually.) Then when the 7D came out they complained bitterly about the price and swore they'd wait for the 60D, which they demanded should have all the features of the 7D but be two-thirds the cost.

When the 60D finally arrived they were shocked, shocked, that it had fewer features than the 7D. And, complained endlessly on this forum how Canon didn't care about them.

In the meantime, the unveiling of the 7D caused 5DII owners to whine endlessly about their autofocus and swear that Canon had sold them out by not including a similar autofocus in the 5D.

At the same time, thread after thread recounted how Canon was sacrificing ISO performance in the pursuit of ever-higher megapixels. Readers constantly wrote in about how Nikon's low resolution sensors were infinitely superior to Canon's higher megapixel sensors

When Canon announced the 1DX, those who worshiped at the altar of "H" swore that it would rise from the dead to save the world. Any suggestion that the format had become obsolete was met with angry denials and interminable threads about how Canon had betrayed them.

As we counted down the months to the release of the 5DIII, the whiners insisted they absolutely knew that Canon would never give them an autofocus system like that of the 1DX and people would be lucky to get the 7D autofocus. Instead, we were told, Canon would jam a high megapixel sensor into the 5DIII because that was all Canon cared about.

The release of the 1DX and finally the 5DIII left the whiners in disarray. Canon had reversed course and instead of going for excessively high megapixels had released two bodies that excelled in low light. And, to add insult to injury, Canon had given the 5DIII an absolutely incredible autofocus system.

Not to worry though, it was only a temporary setback.

With Canon now setting the industry standard for ISO performance, it wasn't long before the whiners pivoted to megapixels and dynamic range. How could anyone be expected to take pictures with these cameras that had such low resolution and such poor dynamic range? (This of course, requires the complainers to ignore the fact that Nikon chose not to put a high megapixel sensor in their own flagship camera – but facts need not get in the way of a good complaint.)

It's not hard to predict the future. Canon and Nikon will continue to release excellent cameras. They will differ from one another in increasingly insignificant ways that will only be visible to those shooting test shots of garage doors with the sun reflecting on a mirror in one corner and a black cat sitting under the shade of an evergreen in the other and the image enlarged to 2,000 percent.

The complaints will continue. Canon and Nikon will continue to sell cameras. And, I will continue to waste time on this forum, when I should be processing pictures. :)
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »