October 20, 2014, 07:38:42 AM

Author Topic: Grip available for EOS M  (Read 11753 times)

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
Re: Grip available for EOS M
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 09:38:17 PM »
I used one of this Universal L bracket for mounting my DSLR on a tripod.

I purchased my M today and tried the L plate on it. It is not as good as any of the other grips posed in this thread. However, I find it useable. It provides a grip on the left side whilst I can spare my right hand (fingers) controlling the shutter/buttons etc. It is AcraSwiss standard compatible so it can be mounted on a tripod to switch between vertical and horizontal orientations easily.

Cons : you have to remove the L bracket to reach the battery/SD card compartment opening.

Dear Sama.
Yes, Another Great Idea, to use the thing that you already have, If you trun around to  let the L-Leg at the Button Shutter Side, It might add the thickness of the Hand Grip during Press the Shutter, Plus your left hand  will hold  under the big lens any way.----Thanks, I will try with my L bracket too, and report back to you.
Have a great night.
Surapon

PS---Sorry, My old KIRK, L-Bracket is too long for this Tiny EOS-M.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:47:58 PM by surapon »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 09:38:17 PM »

the lizard of oz

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2013, 10:18:49 PM »
Bought one last week. Fits well, only complaint is that it could be slightly bigger but then it would lose its sleek unobtrusive look. Much better than the old grip though which is easy to remove. Just slip a fingernail under it and it peels off easily, not sure how you would put it back on, probably need to get some of that same tape.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 12:27:51 AM »
Interesting.  Buy a small camera and then make it larger :)

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
Interesting.  Buy a small camera and then make it larger :)

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear Mt Spokane.
You right on the Target--"Buy a small camera and then make it larger "--That is my original Idea too, When I go some where, just want to Point and Shoot, But When I start to Use with EF Lenses, The Tiny Body  Idea is gone, I have to spend more money to make bigger as big as 1DS. , and use as " The Transformers, in the Movie ".
Yes, I get the Illness---I forget the Name of the illness that CR. members give to us " _ _ _ ", the illness that make us spend more and more money to buy the useless Photography equipment.
Have a great Sunday, Sir.
Surapon

sama

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
What about this one ?  My cup of "M"....

DIY during a cold day with snow everywhere in Toronto.....

A carbon fiber look handle grip and a hand sewn nylon hand strap with hardware from original neck strap - made within an hour. Everything for less than a dollar.

Just some small ideas for fun. Don't be serious.

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »

A carbon fiber look handle grip and a hand sewn nylon hand strap with hardware from original neck strap - made within an hour. Everything for less than a dollar.

Dear Sama.
Ha, Ha, Ha---Great IDEA, I love your great invention " Cup of Sama"---Great for Red sweet wine for cold day lie this too.---Drink and shoot. How can you put the screw connect from handle to the M's body?
Thanks.
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 09:46:14 PM »
OK, I just find 2 of my old equipment and can use with this EOS-M
Enjoy
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 09:46:14 PM »

sama

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 11:48:10 PM »

Dear Sama.
Ha, Ha, Ha---Great IDEA, I love your great invention " Cup of Sama"---Great for Red sweet wine for cold day lie this too.---Drink and shoot. How can you put the screw connect from handle to the M's body?
Thanks.
Surapon

My dear Surapon Sir,

Love to see (hear) your Ha Ha Ha...

I used a leftover 1/4" 20 long screw cut to length , a dried up marker, a nut and some carbon fiber vinyl to create the handle grip. Pull out the felt tip and ink stuff inside the marker, drilled a hole at the base of the marker and everything else is pretty straight-forward. It's surprisingly sturdy for this tiny and lightweight camera.
Cheers.

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 07:50:03 AM »

Dear Sama.
Thanks.
Surapon

My dear Surapon Sir,

I used a leftover 1/4" 20 long screw cut to length , a dried up marker, a nut and some carbon fiber vinyl to create the handle grip. Pull out the felt tip and ink stuff inside the marker, drilled a hole at the base of the marker and everything else is pretty straight-forward. It's surprisingly sturdy for this tiny and lightweight camera.
Cheers.
Very innovative ... Great job Sama, looks good.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »
Oh come on! I clicked for an absurdly large-as-the-camera battery grip, but this is actually a halfway decent idea!

Darn you internet!

;D
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »

Dear Sama.
Thanks.
Surapon

My dear Surapon Sir,

Cheers.

Thanks, Dear sama.
That is a innovative  Idea for the person like me, who love DIY.
Thanks.
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 10:57:38 AM »
Quote from:  link=topic=17891.msg347782#msg347782 date=1387204364
Oh come on! I clicked for an absurdly large-as-the-camera battery grip, but this is actually a halfway decent idea!

Darn you internet!

;D

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear dstppy---Ha, Ha, Ha-----No comment from me.
Surapon

DRR

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »

So I finally got around to installing the Richard Freniac grip (see original post in thread.) Sorry it has been so long but I wanted to update the thread in case someone was looking into the grip.

Grip works great, installed easily. Took a little force to dislodge the OEM plastic grip. You can see a little scratch where my knife scratched the metal, but it was underneath the grip.

I "dry fitted" the new grip. The blue tape you see was put there to mark the position of the new grip so that I could more easily align the holes when I put the new grip on.

This is the grip installed, with my heaviest lens, a 24-70L MkI.

I don't normally plan on carrying my heavy L zooms with the EOS M but I thought I'd try it out with a lens that had some weight. The grip works great for my needs. Normally I use my EOS M with the 22mm or the EF adapter with one or two light zooms - usually the 40mm pancake and sometimes either my 35/2 or 85/1.8. In these situations, the grip adds just enough extra area to hold the camera, which makes it feel much more stable.

Just playing with the larger zooms I have, I find that you hold it by the lens anyway, so the extra grip is largely negated, because you would never hold the camera without supporting the lens. However, with smaller primes, which is how I usually shoot my M, it works great.

If anyone has any additional questions please ask me and I'll try to help answer!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:02 PM »

So I finally got around to installing the Richard Freniac grip (see original post in thread.) Sorry it has been so long but I wanted to update the thread in case someone was looking into the grip.

Grip works great, installed easily. Took a little force to dislodge the OEM plastic grip. You can see a little scratch where my knife scratched the metal, but it was underneath the grip.

I "dry fitted" the new grip. The blue tape you see was put there to mark the position of the new grip so that I could more easily align the holes when I put the new grip on.

This is the grip installed, with my heaviest lens, a 24-70L MkI.

I don't normally plan on carrying my heavy L zooms with the EOS M but I thought I'd try it out with a lens that had some weight. The grip works great for my needs. Normally I use my EOS M with the 22mm or the EF adapter with one or two light zooms - usually the 40mm pancake and sometimes either my 35/2 or 85/1.8. In these situations, the grip adds just enough extra area to hold the camera, which makes it feel much more stable.

Just playing with the larger zooms I have, I find that you hold it by the lens anyway, so the extra grip is largely negated, because you would never hold the camera without supporting the lens. However, with smaller primes, which is how I usually shoot my M, it works great.

If anyone has any additional questions please ask me and I'll try to help answer!

Wow, Thanksssss, Dear Friend DRR.
Thanks for another option of EOS-M Grip.
Surapon

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »
This thread is more like how to turn your M into a DSLR type body!

LOL

I think i will just stop with my fotodiox bracket.  I am finding i mostly remove it anyway as this is not why i bought the M in the first place....the grips are hard on the body parts when inserted into the pocket.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »