October 02, 2014, 01:32:27 PM

Author Topic: Another Stupid Question about Format CF.  (Read 2763 times)

lion rock

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Another Stupid Question about Format CF.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »
Sarupon,
Sure is a great deal.  Have a beautiful trip there!
Look forward to seeing some of your photos from that place.
-r

Surapon,

Because you mentioned the EOS 20D, and you might still have it ... the 20D will format a 16 GB card only to 8 GB. If you format it in a more modern body (I use either a 5D classic or a 50D) then immediately transfer it to the 20D, it will fully format and all 16GB will be usable.

Other than that, I have nothing else to add to what has already been said.

Than you, Sir, Dear Mr. dasoussan
Wow, That are a great News, Yes, I still use my 20D with only 4GB cards and Format by 20D only.
Thanks again, Sir.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »

JPAZ

• 6D
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
FYI, the North Rim is now closed for the winter.  The South Rim remains open year round.  Be ready for the weather.....it is in the 20's overnight at the South Rim this week.  Daytime temperatures can climb into the 50's if you have a break but it is in the 40's today.  Remember the old adages about keeping your batteries warm and avoiding the changes in humidity going from outside to in and then outside again.

The canyon is a truly magical place.  If you get any snow, the panorama changes entirely.  And the lighting changes as the sun shifts all day long.  Have a great trip.
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
Sarupon,
Sure is a great deal.  Have a beautiful trip there!
Look forward to seeing some of your photos from that place.
-r

Surapon,

Because you mentioned the EOS 20D, and you might still have it ... the 20D will format a 16 GB card only to 8 GB. If you format it in a more modern body (I use either a 5D classic or a 50D) then immediately transfer it to the 20D, it will fully format and all 16GB will be usable.

Other than that, I have nothing else to add to what has already been said.

Than you, Sir, Dear Mr. dasoussan
Wow, That are a great News, Yes, I still use my 20D with only 4GB cards and Format by 20D only.
Thanks again, Sir.
Nice to talk to you.
Surapon

Thank you Sir, Dear Mr. lion rock.
My dream at The Grand Canyon will be came true next week, That  One the the List if my Life.
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 03:53:48 PM »
FYI, the North Rim is now closed for the winter.  The South Rim remains open year round.  Be ready for the weather.....it is in the 20's overnight at the South Rim this week.  Daytime temperatures can climb into the 50's if you have a break but it is in the 40's today.  Remember the old adages about keeping your batteries warm and avoiding the changes in humidity going from outside to in and then outside again.

The canyon is a truly magical place.  If you get any snow, the panorama changes entirely.  And the lighting changes as the sun shifts all day long.  Have a great trip.

Thanks you, Sir, Mr. JPAZ.
I will prepare for this one in the Life time trip, But Next Trip after this., Will be  the Early Morning Sun Rise and The Evening Sun Set at Grand canyon too------Dream, Dream and Dream---Yes, Sir, I will have Complete with All Lenses from  8 MM Fish Eyes, to 800 mm ( 400 X 2X)---But my Dear 600 mm L . too big to get on the Airplane.
Nice to talk to you , Sir.
Surapon

mackguyver

• Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »
Surapon, here's a link to a photo taken with your favorite lens -  I think it will get you even more excited about your trip.  I'm sure you're going to have a great time and will come home with lots of amazing photos!

http://adamschallau.com/tag/canon-ts-e-24mm-f3-5l-ii-tilt-shift-lens/

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »

I will prepare for this one in the Life time trip, But Next Trip after this., Will be  the Early Morning Sun Rise and The Evening Sun Set at Grand canyon too------Dream, Dream and Dream---Yes, Sir, I will have Complete with All Lenses from  8 MM Fish Eyes, to 800 mm ( 400 X 2X)---But my Dear 600 mm L . too big to get on the Airplane.
Surapon

Mr. surapon, please be careful and have fun.  That's truly a trip of a lifetime!  Don't forget....

-  Drink plenty of water
-  Be aware of your surroundings/environment/weather conditions
Leave all the camera gear behind one day and just Enjoy the Experience and The Beauty of your Wife & Life!
(She'll thank you for giving her a day of your undivided attention.)

So glad to hear that you can go see such a beautiful place and enjoy your hobby too!

Rusty

Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 08:14:43 PM »
Surapon, here's a link to a photo taken with your favorite lens -  I think it will get you even more excited about your trip.  I'm sure you're going to have a great time and will come home with lots of amazing photos!

http://adamschallau.com/tag/canon-ts-e-24mm-f3-5l-ii-tilt-shift-lens/

Wow, Wow, Wow----Thanks you, Sir Dear Mr. mackguyver.
Wow, Beautiful  Photos of TS-E 24 mm F/ 3.5 L II, Yes, Sir I will shoot with Horizontal Shift 3  or 4 Photos and Combine in 1  as Panoramic Photo. But I do not think This 14 Hours Trip from Las Vegas to South Rim will include Sun Rise or Sunset----Yes, Sir May be Next Time/ Next Trip  that I try to stay at the Hotel at South Rim ( ???), Yes, Sir, All the Shots will be with C-PL Filter too.  Yes, Sir, I will use my dear 8 mm Fish Eyes Lens, TS-E 24 II,  Tamron 11-17 mm, 24-70  2.8 L,70-200 2.8 L IS, and 100-400 with 2X-----But I check with the  Airline, The 600 mm Is too long to carry on.
Thanks you again, Sir, My dear Teacher.
Surapon
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:50:29 PM by surapon »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 08:14:43 PM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 08:18:49 PM »

Surapon

Mr. surapon, please be careful and have fun.  That's truly a trip of a lifetime!  Don't forget....

-  Drink plenty of water
-  Be aware of your surroundings/environment/weather conditions
Leave all the camera gear behind one day and just Enjoy the Experience and The Beauty of your Wife & Life!
(She'll thank you for giving her a day of your undivided attention.)

So glad to hear that you can go see such a beautiful place and enjoy your hobby too!

Rusty

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Rusty.
Yes, Sir, I will do very strick with your Recommend/ Great Recommends---All my equipment( in Back Pack) will be on my back , and not use for one day, and hold my wife hand all the times.
Thanks you, sir my dear Friend.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 08:18:49 PM »