July 28, 2014, 04:52:09 PM

Author Topic: Canon Japan Teases a White Kiss  (Read 10734 times)

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Japan Teases a White Kiss
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 05:18:10 PM »
Quote from: mkabi link=topic=18033.msg335060#msg335060 date
So let me get this straight, you're going to wait? For canon to bring out something better than Sony's A7R?
What if they bring out something on par to the A7R? What if by the time they bring out something on par to the A7R, and Sony comes up with A8R or the A9R... you still going to wait?

Out of curiosity, what system do you currently own?

Amateur, Canon 7d, couple of ef-s and ef lenses, couple of canon speedlites.
Looking to move to ff sensored cam. Tired of Marginally improved DsLR iterations. Waiting it out until excellent ff mirrorless comes. Sony a7r might be good enough already. Won't preorder until i've had a chance to testdrive one. Especially with regards to evf and af. Don't like sony for anumber of reasons. Prefer canon ui. And i am in no hurry. 7d is not broken yet. But i will not buy anothermirror-slapper, now that small and good milcs are around the corner.

Want to have totally silent and vibrationfree cam (a7 is neither) for concerts. Small cam for mountaineering and street. Hi-res cam for cityscapes and landscapes. Hi iso cam for indoor events. Wheathersealed for outdoors stuff. And more. All in one camera system i am so familiar with to operate it blind. No big tele lenses needed. dont care for birds in flight or other critters. And No retro stuff for me please. No manual focus stuff. Good enough Tracking af for children at play and dancers at weddings and parties. Price? 2k for body ... Just like sony a7.
:-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 05:18:10 PM »

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zee-bytes
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
So let me get this straight, you're going to wait? For canon to bring out something better than Sony's A7R?
What if they bring out something on par to the A7R? What if by the time they bring out something on par to the A7R, and Sony comes up with A8R or the A9R... you still going to wait?

Looking to move to ff sensored cam. Tired of Marginally improved DsLR iterations. Waiting it out until excellent ff mirrorless comes. Sony a7r might be good enough already. Won't preorder until i've had a chance to testdrive one. Especially with regards to evf and af. Don't like sony for anumber of reasons. Prefer canon ui. And i am in no hurry. 7d is not broken yet. But i will not buy anothermirror-slapper, now that small and good milcs are around the corner.

Want to have totally silent and vibrationfree cam (a7 is neither) for concerts. Small cam for mountaineering and street. Hi-res cam for cityscapes and landscapes. Hi iso cam for indoor events. Wheathersealed for outdoors stuff. And more. All in one camera system i am so familiar with to operate it blind. No big tele lenses needed. dont care for birds in flight or other critters. And No retro stuff for me please. No manual focus stuff. Good enough Tracking af for children at play and dancers at weddings and parties. Price? 2k for body ... Just like sony a7.

Would you like a Golden Unicorn that shoots rainbows out it's 'rse to go with that wish list of yours??

;)
5D II | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14mm f/2.8 | Sigma 50 f/1.4

EOS M | 22 f/2 | 11-22 IS

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »
Maybe Canon was just wishing everyone a Merry Xmas ??

I like the idea of the Golden Unicorn thingy Zv, if AvTvM doesn't want one, I'll take two.

Does anyone else think it's weird that a Thread about a creepy Xmas message has gone 4 pages ??
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
White and black has become my favorite color scheme recently, I would absolutely love white bodies with black highlights as an alternative to the standard all black.

My cat also has a 'white body' with black highlights. He must be in fashion! :D
A pussy cat that "has a white body with black highlights" does not count ... unless it has a mighty Canon ;D

Hmmm I'm sad to say its 'canon' is rather tiny... :-\
Just to keep this civil and acceptable to the folk who are easily offended, we are talking about cameras right? and when you say "its canon is rather tiny", you mean it has a tiny "point & shoot" - correct? ;D
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 01:15:44 AM »
... Canon does not have to justify their business decisions to you, even if you think it is lame.

No. And we don't have to justify making fun of Canon' poor business decisions and criticizing them for producing crap like white kiss cameras instead of gear that is at least fully competitive, not to mention innovative. And you lnow what: we don't even care for the well-known canon paid canon lobbyists and assorted canon fanboys on this forum, who will always rush to canon's defense, no matter how ridiculous and off the mark their newest product offerings may be. :-)
Please tell us who are the "well-known canon paid canon lobbyists on this forum"

If Canon is looking to pay lobbyists to write into forums, I'd like to send them my resume.
Me too ... but first I'd like to know who are those "Canon paid lobbyists" on this forum, so I can get some tips  ;D after all one would want to do some homework before applying for a job  ;D
AvTvM claims that Canon is "ridiculous and off the mark" with "their newest offerings" but won't substantiate his/her accusation (about the "Canon lobbyists" on this forum), unless he is just spewing "ridiculous and off the mark" Bu11 $h!t out of sheer excitement to talk utter rubbish (about a product that is clearly meant for a niche market) as if Canon is out to cheat him/her off his/her money.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 02:32:44 AM »
Coming up with the always same lame old crippled dslrs  instead of developing and offering us more capable, innovative cameras could indeed be called  "Canon trying to cheat its customers of their money". Especially in a duopolistic market, where the other major player is misbehaving in the same ways. Just offering the same old stuff in retro style, rather than coming up with truly better products.

Ps: fanboys and paid lobbyists are very easy to recognize: they defend "their company" and its business practices no matter what. They even claim its good news when Canon announces an already existing, low performance product in white casing. instead of finally launching a kick-ass 7d 2, a kick-ass eos-m 2, a kick-ass 40 MP, 14EV DR 5d 4 and more importantly: a kick-ass mirrorless ff camera and lens lineup.

Or how about an 430EX-RT? Or an RT-receiver to include existing 580EX/430EX II in an RT wiresless flash-setup? That would create real value for us paying customers. White bodies? Not really.

Or
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:55:07 AM by AvTvM »

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • M.R.S. = my initials! www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »
White and black has become my favorite color scheme recently, I would absolutely love white bodies with black highlights as an alternative to the standard all black.

A pussy cat that "has a white body with black highlights" does not count ... unless it has a mighty Canon ;D

Just to keep this civil and acceptable to the folk who are easily offended, we are talking about cameras right? and when you say "its canon is rather tiny", you mean it has a tiny "point & shoot" - correct? ;D

It's a 'powershot' with a very small zoom-lens  8), but I'm affraid he no longer has any batteries for it  :-\
5D3, 5D2, NEX-6 | SY14mm f/2.8, Ʃ20mm f/1.8, 24mm f/2.8, 35mm f/2, Ʃ35mm f/1.4A, 50mm f/1.8 I, Ʃ50mm f/1.4 EX, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12mm f/2, Ʃ19mm & 30mm f/2.8 EX DN, 16-50 & 55-210 OSS | 2x FT-QL, AE-1P, FD(n) & FL primes

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »

It's a 'powershot' with a very small zoom-lens  8), but I'm affraid he no longer has any batteries for it  :-\
Ha hah ha! ... good one! ;D

Jim O

• EOS M2
  • Driving the short bus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2013, 10:34:50 AM »
Ps: fanboys and paid lobbyists are very easy to recognize: they defend "their company" and its business practices no matter what. They even claim its good news"when said company announces an already existing low performance product in white casing, instead of finally launching a kick-ass 7d 2, a kick-ass eos-m 2, a kick-ass 40 MP, 14EV DR 5d 4 and more importantly: a kick-ass mirrorless ff camera and lens lineup.

The term "fanboys" is subjective but "paid lobbyists" is not. You've said they're "well known" and "easy to recognize". Name names. I really don't have a dog in the "White Kiss" fight, and I own gear from several different manufacturers. I am not, nor have I ever been, a paid lobbyist for Canon. In the interest of full disclosure though, I have received money from them in the form of rebates available to any US purchaser of new gear. That hardly makes me biased regarding their products, nor does it make me a "paid lobbyist". I'm quite certain there are hundreds if not thousands here that have received monies from Canon in that fashion.

...we don't even care for the well-known canon paid canon lobbyists and assorted canon fanboys on this forum, who will always rush to canon's defense, no matter how ridiculous and off the mark their newest product offerings may be. :-)

You've been asked by me and others who are these  "well-known canon paid canon lobbyists". Once you avoided the question entirely, and once you answered in the first quote in this post. Either you have facts, which does make them indeed "well known", or, as I and perhaps others suspect, you are ASSuming, or worse, you are simply talking out of your ass. Name names. If they're so "well known" as you say, it shouldn't be hard for you to do. Or, retract your statement and stick to facts.
When people see you arguing with an idiot on the internet, all they see is two idiots arguing.

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
Ps: fanboys and paid lobbyists are very easy to recognize: they defend "their company" and its business practices no matter what. They even claim its good news"when said company announces an already existing low performance product in white casing, instead of finally launching a kick-ass 7d 2, a kick-ass eos-m 2, a kick-ass 40 MP, 14EV DR 5d 4 and more importantly: a kick-ass mirrorless ff camera and lens lineup.

The term "fanboys" is subjective but "paid lobbyists" is not. You've said they're "well known" and "easy to recognize". Name names. I really don't have a dog in the "White Kiss" fight, and I own gear from several different manufacturers. I am not, nor have I ever been, a paid lobbyist for Canon. In the interest of full disclosure though, I have received money from them in the form of rebates available to any US purchaser of new gear. That hardly makes me biased regarding their products, nor does it make me a "paid lobbyist". I'm quite certain there are hundreds if not thousands here that have received monies from Canon in that fashion.

...we don't even care for the well-known canon paid canon lobbyists and assorted canon fanboys on this forum, who will always rush to canon's defense, no matter how ridiculous and off the mark their newest product offerings may be. :-)

You've been asked by me and others who are these  "well-known canon paid canon lobbyists". Once you avoided the question entirely, and once you answered in the first quote in this post. Either you have facts, which does make them indeed "well known", or, as I and perhaps others suspect, you are ASSuming, or worse, you are simply talking out of your ass. Name names. If they're so "well known" as you say, it shouldn't be hard for you to do. Or, retract your statement and stick to facts.

Let him be ... I think he just got carried away in the "heat of the moment" ... a little over excited I guess or maybe he just hates white ;D ... its pretty obvious that he's got nothing other than some silly and immature accusations and didn't expect people to call his bluff.

Jim O

• EOS M2
  • Driving the short bus
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14:11 AM »
Let him be ... I think he just got carried away in the "heat of the moment" ... a little over excited I guess or maybe he just hates white ;D ... its pretty obvious that he's got nothing other than some silly and immature accusations and didn't expect people to call his bluff.

Silly and immature I can agree. However, he's made the statement twice, so it hardly counts as "heat of the moment", at least not the second time (once I could agree). One of the problems with the internet is that people say and "do" things they would never say or do in the "real world". Yet here he is complaining about "assorted canon fanboys on this forum" and behaving (at least) equally badly as those he trashes. People should be responsible for their words, own them, and defend them. If they can't, they should retract them. That goes for this poster and others, including those who hide behind a wink emoticon ( ;) ) when insulting others.
When people see you arguing with an idiot on the internet, all they see is two idiots arguing.

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2013, 01:22:57 PM »
Silly and immature I can agree. However, he's made the statement twice, so it hardly counts as "heat of the moment", at least not the second time (once I could agree). One of the problems with the internet is that people say and "do" things they would never say or do in the "real world". Yet here he is complaining about "assorted canon fanboys on this forum" and behaving (at least) equally badly as those he trashes. People should be responsible for their words, own them, and defend them. If they can't, they should retract them. That goes for this poster and others, including those who hide behind a wink emoticon ( ;) ) when insulting others.

"Silly and immature" ... now who is insulting others?

No need to get all riled up. Calling fanboys and paid lobbyists what they are is no insult in my book.
Since I did not and will not name specific members, I certainly have not insulted any member here. If you ARE a paid lobbyist, then you should not feel insulted, but possibly ashamed if you consider this occupation to be a shameful one. If you are no paid lobbyist, well then we you were not meant, but you might want to ask yourself whether you qualify as an - unpaid - fanboy. Actually, I'd consider the latter to be somewhat less smart than being paid to sing Canon's praise. 

As I said, it is easy to spot and smell both types. In any thread they will inevitably praise or defend Canon, no matter what "silly and immature" products they just may have launched. Things like white/colored versions of low-specced products. Who would really want a black or white SL-1 complete with slapping mirror and a sorry tiny, "tunnel-vision" pentamirror viewfinder and only one dial for settings, when Canon could also offer us a really good and even smaller EOS-M2 with a decent EVF and AF-performance matching the SL-1 ... at a similar price of course, since it is cheaper to produce a mirrorless camera than a DSLR. Especially the SL-1, which is pitched directly at "compact-camera upgraders" who are not likely to already have an extensive collection of EF/L/ or EF-S glass? They'd be happy to start with even smaller EF-M lenses. If Canon were to sell them all, where the buyers live. But I am sure some of you will be happy to defend these Canon business practices as "truly brilliant".

I will continue to bash Canon as long as they launch silly, immature and meaningless products and try to cheat their customers for their money with them, instead of devoting their resources to develop and manufacture products that truly help us to take (technically) better pictures and/or to get the pictures we want more easily and with a higher success rate.

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 06:27:27 PM »
I will continue to bash Canon as long as they launch silly, immature and meaningless products and try to cheat their customers for their money with them, instead of devoting their resources to develop and manufacture products that truly help us to take (technically) better pictures and/or to get the pictures we want more easily and with a higher success rate.

Go ahead and bash away, but what is the point of doing it repeatedly in this forum?  We know where you stand. 

And given that no one makes your ideal camera, maybe it's not all Canon's fault.  Mirrorless probably is the way of the future, but what it ends up being may not be what you want... or maybe what you want is 5 or 10 years down the road.  I'd rather just not read 5 or 10 more years of the same posts over and over...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 06:27:27 PM »

mkabi

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 12:12:52 AM »

At least, you're smart enough not to jump ship, I guess...
When did you buy your 7D? And, did you go straight to the 7D? What compelled you to the 7D? What camera did you own prior to that? How long between the last camera and the 7D?
Canon 7D - EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L, EF - 20mm f/2.8, EF 50mm f/1.4, EF 100mm f/2.0, Custom Cine 50mm & Custom Cine 35mm

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 12:31:12 AM »

Go ahead and bash away, but what is the point of doing it repeatedly in this forum?
Three reasons:
1. Concern for Canon trying "to cheat their customers" (even if they are Japanese) ;D
2. Concern for ASSumptions of "canon paid lobbyists" in this forum  ;D
3. Does not approve white DSLRs, even if there's a market for it in Japan ;D
I'd rather just not read 5 or 10 more years of the same posts over and over...
I'm afraid we will have to bear with such people ... or we can hope that they post some more crazy a$$ ASSumptions and get banned from CR ;D ... even that may not be a consolation, coz they may impose their ASSumptions on us with a different avatar  :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 12:31:12 AM »