November 26, 2014, 06:37:59 PM

Author Topic: The Next EOS M in 2014 [CR2]  (Read 11958 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: The Next EOS M in 2014 [CR2]
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »
Smaller is not needed, IMO. Make it a little bit bigger so an EF mount can be used on it

They did that…it's called the SL1/100D. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »

Mellonhead

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »
Just read the proposed specs from the 'Runours' section.  I'm happy they kept what I like about the 'M'; the small size and the touch-screen. They added what I wanted; better sensor and even faster auto-focus.  And, they kept off of it what I thought it never needed; the view finder.

Good choices, Canon!

fxk

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »
For the love of god, Canon. Stick the 70D sensor in a G1X style body with a good EVF and create some EF-M lenses with an aperture ring. There is no shame in copying Fuji when sales are falling. It...would...sell!

It's confirmed.  Canon are clueless morons.  I'd ask what they were thinking, but that would be arguing facts not in evidence.

I'm actually happy this appears to be a not-US-bound camera. 

Is my profound disappointment showing?

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 11:43:55 AM »
I got a7 + zeiss 55mm on pre order for family everyday photos.

I use a 1D X + 24-70/2.8L II for those...

You both are killing it! :)

zlatko

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zlatkobatistich.com
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »
For the love of god, Canon. Stick the 70D sensor in a G1X style body with a good EVF and create some EF-M lenses with an aperture ring. There is no shame in copying Fuji when sales are falling. It...would...sell!

It's confirmed.  Canon are clueless morons.  I'd ask what they were thinking, but that would be arguing facts not in evidence.

Canon makes an incredible variety of cameras and lenses, for all sorts of applications, skill levels and budgets.  But even with this diverse product line, they don't make every possible product that someone might want or imagine.  So when some anonymous person feels they haven't built the camera that he personally desires, he will publicly berate them as "clueless morons".

dickgrafixstop

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 02:07:14 PM »
I was disappointed in the projected specs of the "new" M2. My wife is delighted, she's already spending the
money I was going to save for the "new and improved" Canon M.  Maybe version 3 will have some appeal.

fxk

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »

Canon makes an incredible variety of cameras and lenses, for all sorts of applications, skill levels and budgets.  But even with this diverse product line, they don't make every possible product that someone might want or imagine.  So when some anonymous person feels they haven't built the camera that he personally desires, he will publicly berate them as "clueless morons".

You're correct on all counts.  I'm anonymous and I'm berating Canon.  Probabyl because it takes a moron to recognize another moron. It's my duty as a moron to call them out.   But enough about me...

Canon has a very long history of doing what they darn well please model after model ignoring pleas from pros and amateurs alike for features that would make the photographing experience better yet make no sense to the design engineers.

Magic Lantern has unlocked a lot of capabilities of various camera models, yet Canon engineers don't see those as good things to add.

I'm not saying Canon has cornered the market on being deaf to consumers, but they're fighting hard for the spot.  I've been with Canon over 10 years, and  they have been so close to perfection, many, many times... and if they had only listened to some of their customers.   I've seen their innate ability to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory time and time again.

As for a camera I "personally desire", check the thread again.  I'm FAR from alone on what I consider necessary upgrades (or at least options, for the love of God), and to be a reasonable response to the competition.
Canon is the big dog on the block, far larger than Nikon or Fuji, but they insist on playing the game of being the  Great Dane nipping at a Chihuahua's heels.

As far as the M2, they shouldn't have bothered at all. They should have taken the money and sent their engineers to "consumer sensitivity rehabilitation".  At least there would be some hope for the other camera lines.  Nothing new here.  Move along...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2013, 09:17:07 PM »

You're correct on all counts.  I'm anonymous and I'm berating Canon.  Probabyl because it takes a moron to recognize another moron. It's my duty as a moron to call them out.   But enough about me...

Canon has a very long history of doing what they darn well please model after model ignoring pleas from pros and amateurs alike for features that would make the photographing experience better yet make no sense to the design engineers.

Magic Lantern has unlocked a lot of capabilities of various camera models, yet Canon engineers don't see those as good things to add.

I'm not saying Canon has cornered the market on being deaf to consumers, but they're fighting hard for the spot.  I've been with Canon over 10 years, and  they have been so close to perfection, many, many times... and if they had only listened to some of their customers.   I've seen their innate ability to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory time and time again.

As for a camera I "personally desire", check the thread again.  I'm FAR from alone on what I consider necessary upgrades (or at least options, for the love of God), and to be a reasonable response to the competition.
Canon is the big dog on the block, far larger than Nikon or Fuji, but they insist on playing the game of being the  Great Dane nipping at a Chihuahua's heels.

As far as the M2, they shouldn't have bothered at all. They should have taken the money and sent their engineers to "consumer sensitivity rehabilitation".  At least there would be some hope for the other camera lines.  Nothing new here.  Move along...

I don't think they spent all that much on the M2 looking at the specs! Develop cost is very low - same body design, same sensor tech, same processor, same screen. Just chucked in Wifi and improved the software. I think M2 was about maximizing profits with what the already had.

We are all disappointed to some extent but I wouldn't go as far as calling them morons! They're making money aren't they? They gotta be doin somethin right then!

A point about those features unlocked by ML. Most regular people don't use that stuff. I sure didn't need it for the first 3 years of shooting. Maybe by over complicating a lower end device it would drive away their target consumers - amateurs and hobbyists.
I do agree some of those features like an intervalometer should be a available to the FF shooters and pros.
6D | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2013, 09:17:07 PM »