July 30, 2014, 05:11:24 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS SL1 in White Coming Soon  (Read 7079 times)

RGomezPhotos

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
Re: Canon EOS SL1 in White Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »
Lame.... But Ferrari red....  :-)
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »

tat3406

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 12:45:59 AM »
So sad Canon no release new pancake lens at 20mm~30mm for this camera...

adhocphotographer

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • An ad hoc photographer
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 01:53:12 AM »

+1

I can't believe that the same thing in a different colour warrants a press release?!?!?!  :?
5D MkIII + an every expanding array of lenses and accessories!
-------www.adhocphotographer.com--------

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 03:52:39 AM »

+1  exactly!

A pancake EF 20mm/f 4.0 STM just like the EF 40/2.8 ... super-compact, cheap, sharp but not in glossy-white but rather in solid "matte-black".  :)

TrabimanUK

• EOS M2
  • In the words of Brian Johnson - "Shoot to thrill!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 04:56:07 AM »
It would sell well in Essex if it was released in the UK, though bright pink would even further increase sales  ;)

Oh dear - if a spray tan is al that Canon can come up with, let us hope it's a diversion from some real camera developents for next year.
Canon 5D, 60D, 40D, SX150-IR/UV, 50 f1.8, 70-200 f2.8 IS II, 70-300 f4-5.6 IS USM 
Sigma 10 F2.8 EX DC DIAGONAL FISHEYE HSM, 24-70 f2.8 IF EX DG HSM

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 05:55:18 AM »
http://cweb.canon.jp/newsrelease/2013-11/pr-kissx7white.html

yikes.

Canon can kiss my white A$$ ...  :P

dufflover

• Rebel SL1
  • OH YEAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 06:00:52 AM »
pfft they could've at least snazzied up the kit lens like this Pentax
http://www.adorama.com/IPXK50W1855.html
Hurry up Canon and do something with your sensors! :P

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 06:00:52 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 07:07:09 AM »
yikes.

So if you were to by a camera in this series from a local retailer, would it be called A) Rebel, B) Kiss, or C) EOS xxxD.  If you answered A or C, you're not in the target market for this white camera.  If Canon isn't talking to you, why do you feel compelled to answer...so often? 

Before you go off about 'wasted' R&D resources (presumably because they could have been devoted to developing a product to suit your priorities), consider this: do you really think they'd have brought this camera to the target market if they didn't think it it would deliver a profitable return on investment?  If a White Kiss adds yen to Canon's coffers, some of which feeds into R&D, and they're not asking you (or even giving you the opportunity) to buy one, why are you so incensed about that?  Is it because they're not making one in your favorite color? 

If you really care so much about Canon's priorities and R&D resources, can you tell us (without resorting to an Internet search), who heads METI, or even the full name of the organization to which that acronym refers?  Because METI and their policies have a bigger impact on Canon's bottom line a White Kiss, which in turn has an almost infinitely bigger impact on Canon's bottom line than your opinion.  Yikes, indeed.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

schill

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 08:32:24 AM »
You know, if I didn't already have an SL1 I would consider buying this one.  My 7D and SL1 (and all the other bodies I've ever owned) get very warm sitting in the sun.  If this didn't heat up as much, I'd be happy.

This would allow me to feel a little better about leaving a camera sitting on a tripod (with a white lens) exposed to the sun.

However, I'd definitely want the finish to be matte white instead of glossy.

In general, I would mind a white body except it would probably show dirt more.  Also, it would be more likely to show up as a reflection in the glass that I am often forced to shoot through.

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »
So if you were to by a camera in this series from a local retailer, would it be called A) Rebel, B) Kiss, or C) EOS xxxD.  If you answered A or C, you're not in the target market for this white camera.  If Canon isn't talking to you, why do you feel compelled to answer...so often? 

1. you don't have to defend every crappy product by Canon. :-)
2. compared to the number and frequency of your posts i still got some catching up to do. :-)
3. Do you know for sure, in which markets Canon will bless customers with their "white kiss"?
A) Korea+Japan only   B) all of Asia   C) other areas outside Asia ... which ones?
If yes, I guess you must be a Canon employee or paid lobbyist.  ;D
If no, you can't exclude me from the intended target group just yet :-)

But you are right, I am not interested in this Canon kiss ... no matter what color. I just find it a waste of resources to develop, build and sell a color-variations of it, instead of delivering more functionality in the product. For example, built-in WiFi and direct, seamless integration with social media would have probably been an even more interesting feature  for a much larger target group, bringing much more money to Canon's coffers. Although other than you I am not at all concerned about Canon's coffers. I prefer keep my look after my own coffers.  :-)

http://www.gearophile.com/newsviews/the-short-answer.html

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 10:11:05 AM »
1. you don't have to defend every crappy product by Canon. :-)
2. compared to the number and frequency of your posts i still got some catching up to do. :-)
3. Do you know for sure, in which markets Canon will bless customers with their "white kiss"?
A) Korea+Japan only   B) all of Asia   C) other areas outside Asia ... which ones?
If yes, I guess you must be a Canon employee or paid lobbyist.  ;D
If no, you can't exclude me from the intended target group just yet :-)

1. You don't have to denigrate every Canon product that comes out, yet you seem to do so. 

2. Keep working at it.  Try saying something meaningful and relevant with many of your posts, that would be a refreshing change.

3. I can pretty much guarantee you won't be buying a white Kiss locally, unless you live in Japan.  Kiss is the domestic branding for their entry level bodies, although there is an 'export' version that differs in the languages available.  Of course, they might bring a white 100D to your market…if they do so, I look forward to a fresh round of pointless complaints from you.

But you are right, I am not interested in this Canon kiss ... no matter what color. I just find it a waste of resources to develop, build and sell a color-variations of it, instead of delivering more functionality in the product. For example, built-in WiFi and direct, seamless integration with social media would have probably been an even more interesting feature  for a much larger target group, bringing much more money to Canon's coffers.

You seem to have missed the main points.  First off, consider the 'resources' expended here.  Canon already makes white versions of several lines of cameras, so they have a formula for white plastic.  They already have molds for the casing.  Perhaps you missed the fact that the Rebel T3 comes in three colors (but not white) in addition to black…it's not like they haven't done this before.

Second, they're doing this because they think a white Kiss/100D will make money.  How do you conclude that it's a 'waste'?  The fact that they're able to generate additional profit from a product with essentially no additional R&D expenditure means even more money.  More money for Canon means potentially more resources for R&D, not less.  I trust you're aware that R&D for Canon products you might find intersting (assuming there are any) is going to be funded in part by profit from sales of entry level cameras. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

mackguyver

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 01:34:21 PM »
....so the big question is whether or not the white color reduces heat expansion like our beloved L lenses :o
EOS 1D X, 5DIII, M + EF 24 f/1.4II, 50 f/1.2, 85 f/1.2II, 300 f/2.8 IS II || 16-35 f/4 IS, 24-70 f/2.8II, 70-200 f/2.8II || TS-E 17 f/4, 24 f/3.5II || M 22 f/2, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS || 1.4x III, 2x III

Fleetie

• Canon 70D
  • Watching for pigs on the wing
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
Three threads about a white version of a bottom-of-the-range SLR? And that's just in this section.

Is the news that slow these days?

Actually, yeah, I guess it is.

Canon 5D3  ,  70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II ,  24-105mm f/4 L IS  ,  50mm f/1.4  ,  85mm f/1.8 ,  EF 2x III
Olympus OM2-SP , 50mm f/1.2 , 55mm f/1.2 , 50mm f/1.4 Silvernose , 135mm f/2.8 , 28mm f/2.8

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »
Three threads about a white version of a bottom-of-the-range SLR? And that's just in this section.
Is the news that slow these days?
Actually, yeah, I guess it is.

Exactly. We have not seen anything worth talking about from Canon. A 70d consumer level dslr with a new dual-pixel on-sensor af-system that is not any faster than a good contrast- or hybrid af system in competitor's models. And no improvement in iq.

This is what makes a white consumer dslr-body so irksome. Not the color per se. Although it looks really girly.

Grumbaki

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 06:07:15 PM »

B is clearly not all asia. SE asia and China use the XXD names. Kiss is Japan only if I remember well.
This answer is just as pointless as the rest of this news.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 06:07:15 PM »