December 21, 2014, 02:52:33 PM

Author Topic: New EOS-1 in 2014 [CR1]  (Read 33702 times)

AmbientLight

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
Re: New EOS-1 in 2014 [CR1]
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2013, 03:51:03 AM »

IF Canon wants to stay in business with me, they better think about what I want and how they keep ME happy.

If Canon was a car company and only listened to you I'm sure this is what we would be inflicted with...

Thank god they know how to make cameras to suit the majority and run a business successfully.  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Oh, great. Is this a beer can holder on the outside of the driver's door or am I imagining things?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2013, 03:51:03 AM »

Eldar

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2013, 04:05:41 AM »
All businesses that succeed over time have a healthy balance between shareholders, employees and customers. Canon would not have been able to build the position they have without that. They have to make money to make the shareholders happy, they need to provide interesting and challenging workplaces to attract the best talent and they need to deliver products and services that tick the right motivation amongst the customer base.
There is always a danger that a company can fall asleep and be too complacent with what they have. DEC, Kodak, NCR, Nokia ... there are lots of examples of companies with a leading position being leap jumped by new technology and more aggressive competitors. Canon need to solve their sensor challenges, to keep us still photographers happy, which I’m sure they will. But apart from that, within this segment, I don’t see them having serious problems.
I am currently sitting in front of a 130x90cm2 print of a landscape, shot with the 5DIII and the 24-70 f2.8L II, and wonder; What more do I need?
5DIII, 1DX, 8-15/4L, 16-35 f4L IS, 24-70/2.8L II, 70-200/2.8L IS II, 70-300/4-5.6L IS, 200-400/4L IS 1.4x, Zeiss 15/2.8, 17/4L TS-E, Zeiss 21/2.8, 24/3.5L TS-E II, Zeiss 35/1.4, Zeiss Otus 55/1.4, Zeiss Otus 85/1.4, 100/2.8L IS Macro, Zeiss 135/2, 600/4L IS II

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »

IF Canon wants to stay in business with me, they better think about what I want and how they keep ME happy.

If Canon was a car company and only listened to you I'm sure this is what we would be inflicted with...

Thank god they know how to make cameras to suit the majority and run a business successfully.  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Oh, great. Is this a beer can holder on the outside of the driver's door or am I imagining things?

Nope, that's a truck mirror.... but it does have cup holders that hold those giant sized drinks..... and 3 horn buttons because you can never find the horn when you are really angry :)
The best camera is the one in your hands

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • EOL
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2013, 11:37:54 AM »
I am currently sitting in front of a 130x90cm2 print of a landscape, shot with the 5DIII and the 24-70 f2.8L II, and wonder; What more do I need?

A 260x180cm print of a landscape! ;P

Diko

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2013, 06:22:07 AM »
While the 700D deserves everything it gets, don't forget everything Canon has done with glass in the last few years. Had I been shopping for a high end camera in 2009 I very well may have gone for the NIkon D700, Nikon glass was very competitive at the time. But that's not when I entered the market, from what I can see Canon has very little competition right now, their recent lenses mop the floor with the competition (at least on the long end, we'll see what happens with the short end next year).
If you're looking for a nice walk-around camera, sure, switching to a different company might be easy. If you want anything more specific out of your camera the number of options falls quickly, pretty much right down to 2. Compact system manufacturers simply don't have the lenses, and as I pointed out above, the nearest competitor has some catching up to do. I'm confident Canon's lens line-up can carry them for quite a while when it comes to the high end market. The real problem is cell phones.
We are on the same line here. It is CANON's leverage to its leadership's position in its amateur/pro line.

The fact is that everyone here are kind of either trying to explain me what the obvious situation here is. Or the one with customerS & CANON's shareholders' happiness goals.

Does anyone realize that the majority of efforts here are on explaining to 2-3 individuals how we are wrong to want more and should accomodate our wish lists according to the majority of people?

When one reads this whole topic, he/she would stay with the impression that everyone's happy with CANONs doings...

For GOD's sake, wake up people! This is a RUMOR site. NOT a final TECH SPECs listing place. Stop speaking obvious facts that we all know.

Better concentrate on what you WANT!
Not on EXPLAINING Canon's reasoning.

If I were from CANON's marketing dep. and read this here (and someone of you definitely is, even if as a guest) I would report that people around here acknowledge this and that issue... but are pretty, pretty happy - ergo could put the solution's R&D on this and that on a lower priority level for now.

It depends on us that CANON doesn't sleep :-))))

And don't forget that you are:

:D :D :D

----
I am sorry for the pathos but got in the mood, because of that MEGATROLL pic, which is hilarious! :D :D :D I laughed for a while quite a bit.

I have read a few quite good examples of trolling here, but alongside every once in a while maybe you are missing some good points. ;-)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:24:38 AM by Diko »

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2013, 07:40:56 PM »
I have read a few quite good examples of trolling here, but alongside every once in a while maybe you are missing some good points. ;-)

Diko, you may well be right, but it's a two way street, it may just be that your the one missing the point.

There's nothing wrong with having a wish list, I have several, I just don't expect that a Company like Canon/Nikon/Sony is going to give much thought to it, but that doesn't stop me living in hope and believing that all these Companies sooner or later end up at the same point, some sooner, some later, but they all end up with very similar pieces of Tech & equipment for the same Market, it's called good business.

Just pick one, large choice, buy the gear, enjoy.

Don't keep looking over your shoulder at what everyone else is doing, just leads back to CR and Posts of discontent.

And if that Green Machine has an Option to install a Canon, I'm in faster than greased lightning.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 07:45:48 PM by eml58 »
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

scottkinfw

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • kasden.smug.com
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »
Is there perhaps a Sony Rumors Site that is a happy place for you?

We, the declining stills orientated market, are fortunate that the ideas they are moving towards are somewhat complimentary to our own "needs" for still based equipment, so far.

The customer only comes first if the company can sell the stuff they make and give their shareholders a reasonable return. If they can't they will try to find other customers, not different shareholders.

hehehe! Quite funny. Next suggestion will probably be to kneel down and beg to Canon "please, please give me a new stills-oriented camera."  ::)

no way!

In reality it is way easier for (almost all of) Canon's customers to turn around and find another supplier of excellent image capturing gear than it is for Canon to find "new customers" willing to pay inflated prices for fairly un-innovative products.
sek Cameras: 5D III, 5D II, EOS M  Lenses:  24-70 2.8 II IS, 24-105 f4L, 70-200 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, EF 300 f4L IS, EF 400 5.6L, 300 2.8 IS II, Samyang 14 mm 2.8 Flashes: 580 EX II600EX-RT X 2, ST-E3-RT
Plus lots of stuff that just didn't work for me

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »

globalphotobank

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2013, 10:23:58 PM »
Certain indications point to 40-45 MP with dual ISO. Upgrades to their Cinema line point to higher upgrades in hardware and firmware in new models. Dual sensors two sizes in one, two processors combining to cover 8K resolution and 3D  with dual pixels, auto phase and contrast detect with dual ISO. Will be kind of hard to beat. Betting though everything in focus is their goal with a function to blur what you want around subject, and more creative filters. So everything is in focus, you could zoooooom way, way out and its perfect in focus like the Canon Wonder Cam. Next line of labeling  Canon DC a1/ DUAL CAM advance 1. two sensors possible two different sizes. Sony is useing dual sensors and is Apple in their next phones. Dual lenses would be a heck of a killer a 12mm and a 100mm

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • EOL
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2013, 11:27:06 PM »
Certain indications point to 40-45 MP with dual ISO. Upgrades to their Cinema line point to higher upgrades in hardware and firmware in new models. Dual sensors two sizes in one, two processors combining to cover 8K resolution and 3D  with dual pixels, auto phase and contrast detect with dual ISO. Will be kind of hard to beat. Betting though everything in focus is their goal with a function to blur what you want around subject, and more creative filters. So everything is in focus, you could zoooooom way, way out and its perfect in focus like the Canon Wonder Cam. Next line of labeling  Canon DC a1/ DUAL CAM advance 1. two sensors possible two different sizes. Sony is useing dual sensors and is Apple in their next phones. Dual lenses would be a heck of a killer a 12mm and a 100mm

Assuming this post isn't some kind of joke...

Dual ISO won't happen. That is a ML discovery of a happy quirk in the design of Canon's readout system. There is no telling that Canon will use the same system in future bodies, and in fact, I personally hope they don't...the downstream amplifier and the use of a downstream, off-die ADC is a significant part of the reason why their low ISO read noise is so bad. Canon really needs to develop a modern sensor, with on-die ADC, and preferably digital readout...at which point, Dual ISO wouldn't even be an option, since there would be no need for the downstream amplifier.

I'd figure the chances of Canon actually employing MLs Dual ISO discovery are so vanishingly small, they barely qualify as a mathematic point.

I also don't see Canon employing any kind of light field technology any time soon. For one, Canon always develops their own technology, while light field technology is currently owned by someone else. Lytro's cameras have a LONG ways to go before light field even really becomes a generally viable technology as well, and I don't see them selling the technology any time soon.

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2013, 04:20:16 AM »

Assuming this post isn't some kind of joke...

Dual ISO won't happen. That is a ML discovery of a happy quirk in the design of Canon's readout system. There is no telling that Canon will use the same system in future bodies, and in fact, I personally hope they don't...the downstream amplifier and the use of a downstream, off-die ADC is a significant part of the reason why their low ISO read noise is so bad. Canon really needs to develop a modern sensor, with on-die ADC, and preferably digital readout...at which point, Dual ISO wouldn't even be an option, since there would be no need for the downstream amplifier.

I'd figure the chances of Canon actually employing MLs Dual ISO discovery are so vanishingly small, they barely qualify as a mathematic point.

I also don't see Canon employing any kind of light field technology any time soon. For one, Canon always develops their own technology, while light field technology is currently owned by someone else. Lytro's cameras have a LONG ways to go before light field even really becomes a generally viable technology as well, and I don't see them selling the technology any time soon.

Hate to agree, but have to.  Regarding Lytro...it's a gimmick designed by a college professor, and not much else.  I wonder if his patent is even licensed to him, or is it licensed to his school?  If the school owns the patent, where do the profits go?  Also appreciate you pointing out that dual ISO is a bandaid that takes advantage of Canon's flawed (or at the very least, inferior) sensor design approach. 

This does put a lot of pressure on Canon for that 2014 1-series body to use sensor tech that starts to head back in the right direction.

Globalphotobank, in my opinion serious photographers don't often have a use for selective focus and artificially blurred backgrounds, especially around subject matter (and especially if it's applied like a vignette or a grad filter).  Talk about bandaids, that's basically a cheap software trick that anyone can do on any digital photograph in post processing.  The results are quite silly...again in my opinion of course!  I suppose there's a good use for it, but I don't know of it. 

jeffa4444

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
A pro intimated to me that has seen / used the camera that its a 45MP sensor. He put it in a way that didnt infringe his NDA.
Canon 6d, 7d & 550d with EF-S and EF-L glass

KyleSTL

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2013, 02:38:05 PM »
A pro intimated to me that has seen / used the camera that its a 45MP sensor. He put it in a way that didnt infringe his NDA.
That's a spicy little tidbit.  Keep us posted.
Canon EOS 5D | Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 | 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM
15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 28mm f/1.8 USM | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 85mm f/1.8 USM | 3x 420EX | ST-E2 | Canon S90 | SD600 w/ WP-DC4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2013, 02:38:05 PM »