October 01, 2014, 12:32:21 PM

Author Topic: "Your camera takes great photos" and other peeves  (Read 27116 times)

Valvebounce

• 1D Mark IV
  • Still can't use most of it to it's full potential!
    • View Profile
Re: "Your camera takes great photos" and other peeves
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2013, 04:42:48 AM »
Hi Dick.
Wow! Bad day? Too many coffees?  :o
I think it would be more than fair at least for any American tax payer during the moon landing years to say" We went to he moon!"  ;D
Or is that we the human race went to the moon, as opposed to apes or dogs who have only orbited in space? ::)
Could just be the Royal "we" as in we are not amused!  ;D

Ps could this be the same we that are likely to loose against Australia because the pressure of winning the ashes has sent one of our players home with a "stress related illness"? ::)
I mean watching grass grow how stressful?

Cheers Graham.

Did we really land on the moon? ??? ;D   

We did not. Someone maybe did, but it's all about trust, I guess, when it comes to that. One has to bear in mind that the cold war times were times of fooling the other... or were they?

This is something that really pisses me off though. Sports teams are playing against each other and some spectator or even a narrator says that "we now need to" or "if we win this" or something similar. One has to play to be considered being in the team! The common options for a Lakers fan are 1) we won 2) the Lakers lost.

I have heard of people who have won Olympic medals by watching the TV at home. I've never heard of someone who finished last by watching the TV. So when someone else does something great, it's cool to take it away from him/her? When someone on the other hand fails, it's on him/her?

I guess this is the world we live in. Governments are there to take a part of your earnings and operating profit, but when your business goes bankrupt, they will not pay their shares. As long as you are making a profit, they are proud to be a part of it all.

Sorry I went so far off topic. Now back to the topic -->

I take great pics with my camera!
When my photos are not that great, it's because of the poor dynamic range.

^This is the lame stuff I see here on the forum. Even in this thread people act like everything that they create, is a result of their untouchable skills. When the outcome sucks, the equipment is bad.
7D + Grip, 40D + Grip, 20D, EF-S 17-85 Kit lens, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM, EF 2x III, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 C, 50mm f1.8, 550EX some Filters Remotes Macro tubes Tripod heads etc!
20D, BG-E2N, 17-85mm, 50mm are pre loved. :)
(300D Saved a holiday, E-FS 18-55 Cosina 100-300 retired)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2013, 04:42:48 AM »

Roo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2013, 05:35:05 AM »
Ps could this be the same we that are likely to loose against Australia because the pressure of winning the ashes has sent one of our players home with a "stress related illness"? ::)

I thought he was just another South African again once he failed and left the team  ;D

Anyway back on topic....
The other week at work someone asked me to take a photo of their team because I'm into photography.  I was handed an iPad2 to take the shot with in a office environment. The results weren't pretty.   
5Diii, 60D, Canon 24-105L, Canon 70-200 2.8L is II, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 macro, Tamron 150-600

Menace

• 1D X
  • New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2013, 05:36:39 AM »

I thought he was just another South African again once he failed and left the team  ;D

Anyway back on topic....
The other week at work someone asked me to take a photo of their team because I'm into photography.  I was handed an iPad2 to take the shot with in a office environment. The results weren't pretty.

Do share that iPad 2 photo with us ;)
1Dx | 5D III
85 1.2L II | 100 2.8 | 400 2.8L IS II 
24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)
« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2013, 07:17:21 AM »

Anyway back on topic....

Do share that iPad 2 photo with us ;)

I hope they at least had Snapseed on it so you could fix it up!

Actually, once someone asked me to take a pic with their iPhone. I took a few shots handed it back but then I asked for it back, deleted the crap ones and kept the best one. I didn't want them to put a crappy pic that I took on facebook!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:22:30 AM by Zv »
5D II | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

iam2nd

« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »
Could just be the Royal "we" as in we are not amused!  ;D

Couldn't help but remember that Doctor Who episode where Rose tried to get Queen Victoria to say "We are not amused" :)  IIRC, she said "I am not amused"?

AcutancePhotography

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2013, 11:39:53 AM »
Despite the fact it pisses me off when comments such as "your camera takes nice photos" and such are made, I try to keep in mind that they are genuinely trying to complement you/me, and by lashing out and correcting them on something they obviously have no expertise in, you're only making enemies, and reinforcing the stereotype of snobby, rich, tech-headed photographers. I just simply smile, nod, thank them, and if they have questions, answer them in the most respectful way possible

Good for you.  That's the mature way of handling it. 
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light

jdramirez

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »

Ahh yes America where a lot of people believe wrestling is real and the moon landing faked  ::) lol

I wrastle with my wife, but she wins by playing dead. 
Upgrade  path.->means the former was sold for the latter.

XS->60D->5d Mkiii:18-55->24-105L:75-300->55-250->70-300->70-200 f4L USM->70-200 f/2.8L USM->70-200 f/2.8L IS Mkii:50 f/1.8->50 f/1.4->100L->85mm f/1.8 USM-> 8mm ->100L & 85L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »

surapon

• 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »
Wow, Wow, Wow, To all of my Dear Friends and Teachers.
Thanks for post  so many FUN,super smart answers and the  smart Answer s of Answers for all of us to Read and Thinks----That will make us Thinks in the very difference Ways/ Difference Ideas which will make us smarter in the long run.
Wow, All of Members in This Great CR web site must be super smart/ Intelligent  people , who I want to learn with.
Thanks you so much to accept me as your friends and your student.
Surapon Sujjavanich AIA., NCARB.

anthonyd

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2013, 11:48:47 PM »
Who said that all we care about is gear:
http://500px.com/photo/53149670?from=popular

:-)

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2013, 12:23:27 AM »

Yeah! now we're talking about what really matters ... the Real Things!  8)
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

Grumbaki

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2013, 12:46:21 AM »

Too bad each "items" is not the best in its category... :D

Canon/Pear shaped C/Laphroaig

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:33 AM »

Too bad each "items" is not the best in its category... :D

Canon/Pear shaped C/Laphroaig
So, basically what you're saying is that, you have some concerns regarding DR  ;D
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

JPAZ

• 6D
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2013, 02:22:39 PM »
Just this week, with family in town, I took some shots of a moving 9 month old indoors with bad lighting and that lighting was behind him.  Between the motion and the backlighting, they did not come out too well (by my standards).

The boy's dad's response was, "how close did you zoom in?"

Guess the 5diii and 70-200 ii were at fault, cause it could not have been me!

;D
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2013, 02:22:39 PM »

ME

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2013, 12:28:46 AM »

We did not. Someone maybe did, but it's all about trust, I guess, when it comes to that. One has to bear in mind that the cold war times were times of fooling the other... or were they?

This is something that really pisses me off though. Sports teams are playing against each other and some spectator or even a narrator says that "we now need to" or "if we win this" or something similar. One has to play to be considered being in the team! The common options for a Lakers fan are 1) we won 2) the Lakers lost.

I have heard of people who have won Olympic medals by watching the TV at home. I've never heard of someone who finished last by watching the TV. So when someone else does something great, it's cool to take it away from him/her? When someone on the other hand fails, it's on him/her?

I guess this is the world we live in. Governments are there to take a part of your earnings and operating profit, but when your business goes bankrupt, they will not pay their shares. As long as you are making a profit, they are proud to be a part of it all.

Sorry I went so far off topic. Now back to the topic -->

I take great pics with my camera!
When my photos are not that great, it's because of the poor dynamic range.

^This is the lame stuff I see here on the forum. Even in this thread people act like everything that they create, is a result of their untouchable skills. When the outcome sucks, the equipment is bad.

Just now getting back to this thread. I didnt realize I had created such a stir. It was meant to be lighthearted. Are you one of "those" conspiracy theorists? Sometimes they turn out to be true. I do realize that there was serious competition between the USA and the Soviet Union during that period of time, and it would not surprise me if the moon landing was faked. But we, I mean I lean more towards it being a real  moon landing. Who has proven it one way or the other?  Besides, how do you know that I am not an astronaut who was on that flight and I (we) did land on the moon? I am  ;D Just kidding ;)Pro wrestling is faked to a certain extent (I believe). But I would not say it to a wrestler's face. Does anyone remember the incident with John Stossel and the wrestler he was interviewing?  Also, remember Andy Kaufman? I just read one rumor that he is still alive and faked his death. And We? Just a commonly used expression, for fans of sports, citizens of countries, etc. Fandom can have a positive effect on athletic teams. I suggest you not take everything so literally, or as Valvebounce suggested maybe you were having a bad day. Anyway, we (I might have a multiple personality disorder, or is that a faked condition? ), I, ME didnt mean to raise you blood pressure. It was all meant to be taken as lighthearted humor, but maybe I failed in getting that across. ;)
5DII,50D,Canon|Sigma|Zeiss|Samyang|LENSES
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iveseenthelight/

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 27, 2013, 01:36:12 AM »
Just this week, with family in town, I took some shots of a moving 9 month old indoors with bad lighting and that lighting was behind him.  Between the motion and the backlighting, they did not come out too well (by my standards).

The boy's dad's response was, "how close did you zoom in?"

Guess the 5diii and 70-200 ii were at fault, cause it could not have been me!

;D

+1 on your sense of humor!  It's a shame you didn't try a faster prime...or a 6D, haha!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #224 on: November 27, 2013, 01:36:12 AM »