October 21, 2014, 07:14:52 AM

Author Topic: Rumored 1D Mark V For October & Spec List [CR1]  (Read 12160 times)

Joseph

Re: Rumored 1D Mark V For October & Spec List [CR1]
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 01:29:09 AM »
Regarding megapixels, the number of megapixels for a sports photographer's camera is decided more by the print density required by magazines/newspapers.

Having an 80MP sensor does you no good because most of them are going to be thrown away.

As to the weight, most of the 1D bodies end up attached to lenses mounted on monopods or on tripods.

I can count the number of 1Ds that I've seen being carried around by "tourists" on one hand (same for 1Ds.)

I carry one around with 70-200f.2,8L is mk II  ;D

That's nothing... I go around with a 1Ds Mk3 + 100-400 on the left shoulder and a 5D Mk2 with a 16-35 on the right... The World is full of crazy people! :-)

LOL - wow thats close to what I sport - I usually have my 1D mark II with my 24-70 2.8L on one side , and my 1D mark III with my 100-400L on the other :) I love my 100-400 !!!!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 01:29:09 AM »

moreorless

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 02:59:50 AM »
My aps-H prediction is ... they will put the next H sensor in the new 7D series or equilvelent. The 1D / 5D will be thier Full Frame bodies covering 2 different realms / genres of photography , then give the 7D a sensor upgrade from the 22mm (apsC) to the 27mm (apsH) - it makes sense if you think about it - why do away with something that can be used as a selling point for a new product - the H sensor is the edge the 7 series needs over the Rebels to hold the single digit name it has.

The problem with taking that direction would surely be though that it would hold back EF-S lens owners from upgrading.

If ASPH were kept on in some form after a 1D/1Ds merge then what about using it for a mirrorless? seems like it could be a good middle ground there offering superior quality to the NEX while not pushing size/price too far, espeically if it has lenses built for the sensor rather than FF.

Well , with the amount of Rebel models releasing now , the EF-S owners always have something nice to choose from - The T3 entry level , and the very nicely feature upgraded T3i for example -

I can even see them keeping the entry level at the same theory for photographers on a extreme budget , and then adding a little extra weather protection , and shutter durability to the upgraded models to give consumers the affordable workhorse for their EFS lenses.

1D , and 5D for FULL FRAME  - - 7D , and maybe Mirrorless for aps-H - - -  T3 , and T3i equiv for the aps-C - - - giving Canon 2 bodies per sensor . We'll see though :)

It someone has a 7D right now that that seems to single them out as a potential 7D mk2 buyer to me so I don't see the logic in scaring alot of them off hoping they'll buy a cheaper model.

For me a better way to make the 7D stand out would be to take the aspects that were originally marketed most strongly and improve them, better AF, better FPS, better video and better build. If the 1D is shifting to FF then Canon have to worry but less about damaging sales by shifting those aspects of the 7D closer to or level with it I'd say.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:48:59 AM by moreorless »

Joseph

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 01:17:35 PM »
My aps-H prediction is ... they will put the next H sensor in the new 7D series or equilvelent. The 1D / 5D will be thier Full Frame bodies covering 2 different realms / genres of photography , then give the 7D a sensor upgrade from the 22mm (apsC) to the 27mm (apsH) - it makes sense if you think about it - why do away with something that can be used as a selling point for a new product - the H sensor is the edge the 7 series needs over the Rebels to hold the single digit name it has.

The problem with taking that direction would surely be though that it would hold back EF-S lens owners from upgrading.

If ASPH were kept on in some form after a 1D/1Ds merge then what about using it for a mirrorless? seems like it could be a good middle ground there offering superior quality to the NEX while not pushing size/price too far, espeically if it has lenses built for the sensor rather than FF.

Well , with the amount of Rebel models releasing now , the EF-S owners always have something nice to choose from - The T3 entry level , and the very nicely feature upgraded T3i for example -

I can even see them keeping the entry level at the same theory for photographers on a extreme budget , and then adding a little extra weather protection , and shutter durability to the upgraded models to give consumers the affordable workhorse for their EFS lenses.

1D , and 5D for FULL FRAME  - - 7D , and maybe Mirrorless for aps-H - - -  T3 , and T3i equiv for the aps-C - - - giving Canon 2 bodies per sensor . We'll see though :)

It someone has a 7D right now that that seems to single them out as a potential 7D mk2 buyer to me so I don't see the logic in scaring alot of them off hoping they'll buy a cheaper model.

For me a better way to make the 7D stand out would be to take the aspects that were originally marketed most strongly and improve them, better AF, better FPS, better video and better build. If the 1D is shifting to FF then Canon have to worry but less about damaging sales by shifting those aspects of the 7D closer to or level with it I'd say.

I understand what your saying , but the name "7D " is just that , a NAME - it does not stop them from creating a high end rebel to replace the current 7D features , this would back up my theory of a higher end rebel mentioned in my last post - supporting a magnesium body , and all the nice features - besides , if they create a new apsH , it could be a 7D mkII equivelent , not technically named 7D mkII , I geuss we'll see though. I'm just speculating - and thinking out loud !

EYEONE

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 02:12:42 PM »

I understand what your saying , but the name "7D " is just that , a NAME - it does not stop them from creating a high end rebel to replace the current 7D features , this would back up my theory of a higher end rebel mentioned in my last post - supporting a magnesium body , and all the nice features - besides , if they create a new apsH , it could be a 7D mkII equivelent , not technically named 7D mkII , I geuss we'll see though. I'm just speculating - and thinking out loud !

A high end magnesium alloy rebel? What should they call it? "Rebel 70D"? I think there already is a "high end rebel" that you are describing in the xxD line. I'm not sure what you are saying, are you suggesting that the line up go: Rebel T3, Rebel T3i, 60D, New Rebel, 7DII?
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

Joseph

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 02:22:57 PM »

A high end magnesium alloy rebel? What should they call it? "Rebel 70D"? I think there already is a "high end rebel" that you are describing in the xxD line. I'm not sure what you are saying, are you suggesting that the line up go: Rebel T3, Rebel T3i, 60D, New Rebel, 7DII?

No , Not suggesting anything , just thinking out loud like I said - but if I were to order it - which I sort of did 2 messages ago - it would be :

Entry level Rebel apsC , High level Rebel apsC , xxD apsH , 7D mk II apsH , 5D FF , 1D FF.

So the benefits of the xxD , and 7D lines would be the sensor.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 02:22:57 PM »