May 24, 2018, 06:44:42 AM

Author Topic: Two New Full Frame Cameras in 2014? [CR1]  (Read 86959 times)

eml58

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • 1Dx
Re: Two New Full Frame Cameras in 2014? [CR1]
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2013, 02:48:10 AM »
I have examples posted all over these forums, if you wish to take a look. I get a lot of compliments, but the simple fact of the matter is I'm rarely satisfied with my work. I don't blame my lack of satisfaction on my equipment. My equipment is excellent, even though these days it is technologically inferior. I blame my lack of satisfaction for not having the ability to fully realize my vision...what I see in my minds eye is often not what I see in my results. No amount of equipment will ever fix that...doesn't matter how much DR Sony and Nikon pump out...the only thing that can fix the deficiency in my art is a continued, exerted effort to improve it myself.

Lovely stuff, it's what I read CR for, small pieces of Eloquence, be it technical, Images or just plain nicely put.

Thank You jrista, honestly made my day.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2013, 02:48:10 AM »

Eldar

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Flickr
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2013, 03:14:50 AM »
I have examples posted all over these forums, if you wish to take a look. I get a lot of compliments, but the simple fact of the matter is I'm rarely satisfied with my work. I don't blame my lack of satisfaction on my equipment. My equipment is excellent, even though these days it is technologically inferior. I blame my lack of satisfaction for not having the ability to fully realize my vision...what I see in my minds eye is often not what I see in my results. No amount of equipment will ever fix that...doesn't matter how much DR Sony and Nikon pump out...the only thing that can fix the deficiency in my art is a continued, exerted effort to improve it myself.

Lovely stuff, it's what I read CR for, small pieces of Eloquence, be it technical, Images or just plain nicely put.

Thank You jrista, honestly made my day.
+1
If I should rate my missed shots (of which there are plenty) and split them in a My-fault:Equipment-fault rating, it would probably be a 99:1

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2013, 03:18:38 AM »
I have examples posted all over these forums, if you wish to take a look. I get a lot of compliments, but the simple fact of the matter is I'm rarely satisfied with my work.

I wouldn't want to be too quick on that as a lot of the material I've seen here and the "wow, cool" means a lot of junk is praised when it shouldn't be.
WOW!  :o ... jrista was talking about his images which you may wanna look at ... and you imply that they are "junk"? ... man that is rude.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

Eldar

• Flickr
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2013, 03:54:30 AM »
I have examples posted all over these forums, if you wish to take a look. I get a lot of compliments, but the simple fact of the matter is I'm rarely satisfied with my work.

I wouldn't want to be too quick on that as a lot of the material I've seen here and the "wow, cool" means a lot of junk is praised when it shouldn't be.
WOW!  :o ... jrista was talking about his images which you may wanna look at ... and you imply that they are "junk"? ... man that is rude.
Dilbert, you just became the last entry on my Ignore list. I have seen nothing from you I´d like to see again. Your´re a joke and a rude one on top of that!

jrista

• EOL
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2013, 04:26:53 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to say my work is particularly great or anything. Not at all. Just that I don't think it's "junk"... I've never been satisfied with it, but I don't think it's junk.

Eldar

• Flickr
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2013, 04:29:54 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to say my work is particularly great or anything. Not at all. Just that I don't think it's "junk"... I've never been satisfied with it, but I don't think it's junk.
Neither do we!

J.R.

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2013, 04:41:56 AM »
Neither do we!

+1... Jon,  there are some posters here who simply need to be ignored.
I took a hiatus from CR for a year and a half. The discussions haven't changed much. Excellent information is still being shared while people bitching about Canon cameras are still bitching and haven't moved on to Sony

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2013, 04:41:56 AM »

eml58

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • 1Dx
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2013, 04:49:11 AM »

Well that's a real pity dilbert, it's a reaction one would expect from an immature 10 year old, when your frustrated at not winning the argument, you resort to blanket insults in the hope that the shock factor will win you the point, it's just not how mature adults conduct themselves, perhaps it's time to take a break.

On the the point of "Images" good or bad, most people that actually post images on CR do so because they want to share these Images with other like minded people, not all the Images Posted are or claim to be "Ansel Adams" quality, they don't need to be, most post Images for constructive feed back in an endeavour to better their Photography, and most people that understand this give constructive criticism, constructive criticism is not the same as your comment above, your comment, unfortunately, is just plain bad manners.

And yes, often less than stellar Images receive positive reviews from people on CR, it's called "being positive", or "being nice", which seems to me to be so much easier than the opposite, which in case I need to spell it out, is "being negative" or "being an arsehole".

eml58

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • 1Dx
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2013, 04:50:47 AM »
Neither do we!

Absolutely, neither do we, in fact I've looked at your website and find your work damn fine.

Rienzphotoz

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2013, 05:26:20 AM »
Neither do we!

Absolutely, neither do we, in fact I've looked at your website and find your work damn fine.
AMEN! ... I've seen many of the images posted by jrista both in CR and on his website - they are brilliant ... the only way someone can call those images "junk" is if one is being deliberately obtuse ... either that or they probably need a new Sony sensor in their brain so they can recognize the DR in those images - no wait, they already have that sensor, (in their brain), and yet it does not seem to do a good job of recognizing what is good and what is junk ... well so much for its DR capability ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:44:46 AM by Rienzphotoz »
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

J.R.

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2013, 05:52:23 AM »

On the the point of "Images" good or bad, most people that actually post images on CR do so because they want to share these Images with other like minded people, not all the Images Posted are or claim to be "Ansel Adams" quality, they don't need to be, most post Images for constructive feed back in an endeavour to better their Photography, and most people that understand this give constructive criticism, constructive criticism is not the same as your comment above, your comment, unfortunately, is just plain bad manners.

And yes, often less than stellar Images receive positive reviews from people on CR, it's called "being positive", or "being nice", which seems to me to be so much easier than the opposite, which in case I need to spell it out, is "being negative" or "being an arsehole".

Well said!

BTW, has dilbert ever posted photos his masterpieces of artwork on CR?
I took a hiatus from CR for a year and a half. The discussions haven't changed much. Excellent information is still being shared while people bitching about Canon cameras are still bitching and haven't moved on to Sony

Rienzphotoz

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2013, 05:58:17 AM »

Well said!

I know of several of his master-p!sses  >:( ... one of which is on the previous page>:(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:05:09 AM by Rienzphotoz »

J.R.

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »

Well said!

Why would I want to?

Because regardless of how good or bad they are, you'd all just rip it to shreds anyway.

I'm sure I won't be doing that regardless of who took them because an image might mean nothing to you but may mean the world to the person who made it. Nevertheless, IMHO it is poor form to call someone's images junk while not posting your own. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »

M.ST

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2013, 06:18:28 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:36:16 AM by M.ST »

Don Haines

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2013, 06:22:06 AM »

Hah, ever count sprocket holes in a partially exposed roll of film in a light tight bag so you could use the rest of it? If you haven't, forget your film references.
No, but I have rewound film back into the canister, keeping track of how many exposures were taken, and at some later time fished the leader back out, reloaded the film, and taken lens cap shots till I got to unexposed film, and carried on from there..... Does that count?

And I would carry a body loaded with 100 and a second loaded with fast film.....
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2013, 06:22:06 AM »